Thread: A couple things (and questions for GTA / Ontario folks)

Question A couple things (and questions for GTA / Ontario folks)

Hi,

As I mentioned over on the picture thread I just posted, I've been having a few issues the past 6 months, including losing my job, and internal issues with trying to figure out whether I'm actually transgendered.

I think that the biggest issue for me is that I do think that I'm transgendered and need to be living a different lifestyle than I am in order to be really happy. However, I don't think that my partner (long time girlfriend) would really like that... so I'm sort of between a rock and hard place. I know that many of you have been here, whether transgender or a cd. How do you make that decision? To be with the partner you love, or pursue the life that you think you need to lead?

Anyways, I'm going to a group called Gender Journeys @ Sherbourne in Toronto starting in a couple of weeks - has anyone here been? What can I expect?

Also, what places do you recommend to go out to? There are a ton of places along Church, but I know that a lot of them have a pretty specific (gay / dyke / leather / etc) audience - which ones do the trans-folks / cds go to? I know about Wildside, but I don't especially want to go - I just feel like I don't get along with Paddy... Also, Wildside's only like one night of the week, and my schedule's not that flexible.

That's the stream of consciousness for the day.

Marie

Hi Marie, I can't tell you anything about Gender Journeys, but your pics are really nice. You look beyond passible to me. I live in the GTA, and i am not passibe, but love to dress. I have been to the Church St. area and i have found that there are alot of CD/TS, I get the impression they are welcome in any of the bars.

Let me know how Gender Journeys go.