Thread: we are done....

Smile we are done....

with telling our six children about Carin being TG. Our twin boys, 18, came home as a surprise this weekend and we had the conversation with both of the yesterday. Like all of the other kids they were very accepting and so supportive. One of them had a lot of interesting questions which Carin was able to answer in her usual understanding way.

There is a huge relief for me that the six kids now know (our youngest is 13 and has mental retardation and will be given facts as they come up for him). The other six kids range in age from almost 17 to 21. I wanted all of them to know about Carin through us, not in a situation that was unsupportive. Our almost 17 yo found *trappings* and came to some wrong decisions and that was the reason she was told. Telling each of them in a supportive way was the very best thing we could have done.

So for now our children (adults even!) know, as do my parents, my sister and her husband, two close friends and a few of our older daughter's friends. All have been supportive and understanding. We are very lucky!

Louise.

How wonderful for you Louise & Carin, another big step in your life journey. So happy to hear that you children are accepting, they will make good decisions in the future, because of how you raised them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It great to hear about such a wonderful ending to what must have been a difficult time

If even one had been unaccepting it could have been very traumatic time

Well done to you both
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Just great and wonderful.
    I am happy for you

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carin's Wife GG View Post
    Telling each of them in a supportive way was the very best thing we could have done.

snip

All have been supportive and understanding. We are very lucky!

It sounds wonderful. I don;t think it was luck so much as methodical planning and really good communication..
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Lousie I know how you're both feeling, good isn't it?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    Louise, I am so happy for you and Carin. It only goes to show that the love, honesty, and support that you have given to those children is paying great dividends now in the form of their acceptance and understanding. Congratulations.
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

Congratulations! As one who is trying to drag myself out of the closet stories like yours are an inspiration.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Congrats~!!

I am so thrilled to hear that things are done and over... now you can relax and not worry.

I know that I feel a great relief with my kids now, AND I don't even have a lover .. yet.

Anyway, see our parenting pays off greatly when we get to give our children the chance to prove that they are the respectable people we always hoped for.

Congrats again!!

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

Carin you do have a charmed life hun and for that I'm glad for you
    Angie

From the subjuct line i was (at first anyway) thinking you had decided to call it quits and end the marriage. Whoo Whee am i glad to hear it was just the final call on informing all the children of the adventure in your lives.

As our sisters "down under" might say, "Good on you, for a well planned trip."

SarahLynn
    Last edited by SarahLynn; 10-02-2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: (sp)

This is such great news, congrats on being wonderful parents and sharing your feelings and life with them all. I recently came out to our 2 children and it has lifted a great weight from my shoulders. I'm sure your life will be richer for them knowing as well!

So happy to hear that, Louise & Carin

Karen Sue

Cool beans

That is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you all.

dancin

`

Louise & Carin, So Very Happy for you Both

Its a wonderful thing to hear that not only is there a Great understanding and Greater Love between you both, that you were able to use that to be able to talk to your children and every other person that is a part of your life and explain, Carins secret that she has kept inside probably for a very long time. The greatest accomplishment that you have achieved was to educate and teach understanding to everyone that you had touched. There is enough anger and hatred around us for those who assume and dont know who we really are. We are Husbands, Parents, family and neighbors with a lot of Love in our hearts. Three cheers to you Both from my family to yours. My lovely wife passed away in 2001 and I explained to my daughter at age 12 or 13 who I really am since childhood and its because of my explanation that she is a young Lady now at 17 who does not judge people but has learned to accept people for who they are.
    From a Loving Parent to anothers Loving Parents to you both. Joann

[SIZE="3"]That is sooo wonderful to hear, I hope a long happy life for the two of you.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]