Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Male or Female Sales Associates?

Male or Female Sales Associates?

When I shop I strongly prefer buying from a female sales associate even in stores like WalMart where all they do is ring up a sale. I go out of my way to avoid a male associate. How about the rest of you do you have a preference?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Prefer a female.
    Excuse me Sir, is this your purse?

Yes, female I'd say, and preferably not a teen. Older women have seen more, and seem much less phased than younger women sometimes do. In other words, older women I've been rung up by kind of "get it," and it doesn't seem like such a big deal.
    -Sedona

I don't have a problem with either, but I think if I had to make a choice, I would say female.
    Pamela

Smile Retail therapy

No preferance. I just want them to be accurate, handle my purchases with care and be polite.

I have had issues with impolite sales staff, sniggering at me and making comments. I stood my ground, asked the floor manager and asked him to explain the joke. When he failed I asked for the shop manager(ess) and she got me three aoplogies and 10% off.

If it happens again, I'll do the same.

Prefer women clerks and sales associates. Avoid men at the check-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    Yes, female I'd say, and preferably not a teen. Older women have seen more, and seem much less phased than younger women sometimes do. In other words, older women I've been rung up by kind of "get it," and it doesn't seem like such a big deal.
    I tend to go for the older ladies as well. Not so comfortable with the ones around my age. Generally, I'm alright with girls I find unattractive. I guess I just care less about what they think.

I also don't want to seem racist or anything, but SAs who are of different nationalities also seem easier to buy from.

I don't have a problem with anyone.
    Anthea

SA's M or F

As allways; Girls Rule!

The older ladies seem to know the least. but then again it depends on what store I am in. don't know if you guys have this problem but down here the biggest pet peeve I have is this.....
    When I walk into a store and a SA ask if I need help and say I do and speak to them in english then they respond in spanish......
    that just torks me to no end ..........................................
    "I DREAM TO BE THAT ONE DAY I WILL BE"

Banned Read only
    I like to fine the youngest and prettiest girl, becuase I like the knowing little looks and smiles they give me and certainly enjoy the little comments like "your going to look great in this" they sometimes give me.

Either is OK with me I don't know them
    Angie

Female and I ask them for help. Works great and it's really fun.

The only time I've seen a male associate was in the men's dept.

Aspiring Member

Smile

When I am shopping I prefer a Female associate, as i feel they are more compasionate, especially if i am buying femmine items, when in guy mode, which is very seldom.

When I am shopping for Denise, 95% of the time I am in Femme mode, and then I will only go to a Female Associate.
    I find that the Female Associates are much more understanding and helpful when you need assistance.
    Given that, when I am shopping for Denise, i rarely go to a store like Wal-mart, but will go to a ladies shop, where there are only Female sales personnel

Denise

I have no problem with male or female associates, all I want is a knowledgeable person.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I prefer women. And the older ones are usually more used to dealing with CD's. It seems like everybody who's in business will sell to you, but it's a pure pleasure when they take it out of the closet and fully acknowledge that you dress. And they come out and say so. "This looks good on you"........"would you like to try it on?"..........etc.

Generaly speaking it doesn't matter to me, I've had good and bad of both, but I do go to the female SA if I have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayme View Post
    No preferance. I just want them to be accurate, handle my purchases with care and be polite.

I have had issues with impolite sales staff, sniggering at me and making comments. I stood my ground, asked the floor manager and asked him to explain the joke. When he failed I asked for the shop manager(ess) and she got me three aoplogies and 10% off.

If it happens again, I'll do the same.
    I just LOVE it. You Go Girl. I only hope I can do this if it happens to me..just LOVE IT LOVE IT LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CarmenG View Post
    The older ladies seem to know the least. but then again it depends on what store I am in. don't know if you guys have this problem but down here the biggest pet peeve I have is this.....
    When I walk into a store and a SA ask if I need help and say I do and speak to them in english then they respond in spanish......
    that just torks me to no end ..........................................
    Yes I agree. You think you have it bad, try Yuma, we're like hop, skip, and the jump lands you in Mexico. Shopping Walmart after midnight is a real bummer, it SEEMS most of the stockers don't speak English and if you ask a question you get that blank look ( you know the one) and they motion for you to follow while they find a bilingual associate to help you. This is a whole 'nother topic though best on some other website so I shall be ladylike & refrain LOL.

Avoid

When I am out buying femme things I avoid male Sales Associates like the plague. There doesn't seem to be a great number males SA's at the stores that I frequent, ( I'm normally enfemme )but at Pearle & the other Opticians that I am a client men seem to be the SA about 50% of the time, I try to get a lady SA, if possible. & Beyonce Welch - Enjoying Chardonnay - 1st Glass.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I have to say I am partial to females SAs but...

I honestly try really hard not to prefer anyone. It seems I would be discriminating and making a lot of assumptions. I have gotten excellent treatment from members of both sexes and all ages as well as a few really bad experiences from an older woman and a younger girl. Never been mistreated by a male SA. They may have blushed and gotten really embarrassed but never have made any remarks.

Michelia

Luckily, the majority of sa's are female.

The only time I have been served by a male was when I bought my suit 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
    I tend to go for the older ladies as well. Not so comfortable with the ones around my age. Generally, I'm alright with girls I find unattractive. I guess I just care less about what they think.

I also don't want to seem racist or anything, but SAs who are of different nationalities also seem easier to buy from.
    First, I never shop enfemme. I sometimes am partially enfemme. But always presenting as a man.

I have come to feel the same way. Originally, my ranking in who I wanted for a checkout person was: an international person, then an old woman, then a younger woman, and as a last resort, a man.

Over time, as I grew more comfortable, I tried cashiers of every group and they are were fine. I still know teenage girls are more likely to say something funny about it. "Night on the town tonight?"

For sales associates, I think I always leaned toward younger women, then older women, then men as a last resort. Men almost never work in womens wear departments, so that was easy.

Over time, I have found that the age of the woman was irrelevant. Most SA's have experienced a CD or have been trained to behave themselves. Only once have I had a man to deal with. He was ringing me up on the cash register. He seemed a little uncomfortable. I thought he seemed like he might be gay, originally. I don't know what he was in the end. But we both kinda "looked to the floor," did our business, and left.

Joe

The younger guys aren't too bad. It's the older guys who usually look at me three ways crosseyed. No sensa humor I guess.

Rookie
    Although I have never shopped enfemme Ive only had one cashier say anything about a purchase I was making and I just told him it was for my girlfriend and that was all that was said. On that note I say thank goodness for self checkout at Wal Marts because unless there is a problem with the register you dont have to deal with anyone. This works great when Im buying lingerie etc. Cyaz Miss Jenn

i say i perfer female cashiers over males the guys just kind of look at you like you are wierd

samantha