Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone dress you up when you were little?

Gold Member
    No one ever did dress me up. I don't know how I feel about that. It is probably best cause if I had been seen like that by the neighborhood bullies...
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Having a twin sister was cool, as it enabled me to have "dress up play time". A neighbour who worked for an airline gave my sister an old air hostess uniform which i loved to wear, my parents shrugged it off as a playing thing.

later in life i started to wear my sisters school uniform when everyone was out but realised i was in the wrong when kept being caught out, so decided to road to go down was the one to the shops with my saturday job money and go buy my own things. (lingerie depts are so daunting at 16yrs old)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=3]I had to come out of the closet, to make room for all my clothes...[/SIZE]

I never had anyone dress me up. I began dressing in secret when I was 13 years old.
    -Audrey

i use to wear my sisters when i was young i would were her pantys and bras to bed at night.

I'm 79 years old and a near lifelong closet crossdresser. When I was six or seven years old, my mother decided that I would go to a Halloween party dressed as a saucy waitress. My aunt assisted my mother with the costume. I had five year older twin sisters. They found one of my sisters' skirts, blouse and shoes for me, along with flared panties. But that wasn't good enough. My sisters had just started to wear stockings to school. Mom and aunt decided to outfit me with stockings and garters to complete my costume. They had to take in one of my sisters' garterbelts so it would fit me snugly. The stockings were much too long, so they doubled them over so the garters would hold them up without wrinkles. The dressing was very meticulous. They put the altered garterbelt on me, the flared panties over it, and then pulled the stockings up me legs and very carefully fastened the garters so the seams were straight and no wrinkles in the stockings. Then they carefully installed the skirt, bllouse and shoes, tied my hair in a bow, and took me to the party. I was a hit, and hooked for life. I guess that's the only time I wasn't closet.

At home
    Sussex, England (20 miles north of Brighton)
    First 2 years of my life I looked more like a girl than a boy. I dressed up once in mums clothes when I was 4. So I guess it has always been there (have not really told mum as guess she has known it has always been there), despite periods where I don't dress femme at all. Been a kind of closet crossdresser all my life.

Yes

I have an older sister about six years older than me. When I was a baby she would dress me up as her little sister and cart me around in stroller and baby carriage. I think this continued until I was about 1 or 2 years old and I had broken all of the strollers because I was to big for them. I probably would not have known any of this but my mother and my sister would relive those good ole times every chance they got. I tell my wife that is was my sisters fault for making me this way. Thanks sis I am really greatful for being able to be your little sister LOL.

Jeannie

My first memories are of my sisters (3 of them) dressing me up in a pretty little girl dress. Nothing fancy, just a dress. I remember asking to be dressed and wanting to keep it on.

I do also remember wearing one of my sisters dresses while my mother pinned the hem up. I asked after that if I could help with it.

When I was in my 30s I told my mother about my dressing and she said she had always thought I would someday.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

When I was growing up my Mom's best friend had a girl the same age as me. We were friends too and played together all the time. One of our favorite things was playing dress-up and that always seemed to involve me wearing her clothes. One of the best memories I have of this time is the many "Miss America" pageants we'd have with our Mom's being the judges. We'd do casual, dress and even swimsuit . . . it was fantastic! especially since I usually won! hehe
    - - - tiff - - -
    Tiffany Anne

In junior high I was at a neighbor's house and she and her friend "coaxed" me into dressing. I remember a corderoy jumper style dress and clogs. I am pretty sure there was make up involved also. I don't think there was any underwear, pretty sure I would remember that.

I had been dressing in my mom's stuff for a couple of years before that but this really kicked the desire into high gear. Unfortunately it never happened again.

I always wished someone would but no such luck. had to do it all by myself

Smile

Oh yea, first nightgown on at 12, and was always in moms drawers, one time I fell asleep upstairs, and dad came in the room, while I was in her stuff, he never said a word to me to this day, he thought it was funny. He has contributed to a reason why I love cd.

Nobody dressed me up when I was little. I had to figure it out for myself.
    Last edited by Ðarissa; 11-25-2007 at 05:04 PM.
    Weeeeeeee

i didn't really have the opportunity until i was about 14 or 15, when i met a girl who was apparently into this. She said she'd love to try dressing me up sometime, and thus the flood gates were opened.

Actually, it was kind of funny, because later i went to s show in drag where i ran into her again after about 2 years of not even hearing from her. I simply pointed at her and said "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE STARTED."
    Gentlemanly by day, uppercutting dinosaurs by night.

Nope, I did it all myself. I do recall, however, when I was about 19, I once saw a picture of a baby in a dress. When I asked who it was, I was told it was me and told I was so cute when I was born and should have been a girl . Shades of Rachel Finocchio (Harlow), a portent of things to come methinks.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes my 1st memory was wanting to wear a nurses play outfit at nursery when i was about 4 i think
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Celtic Woman in training SiobhanW's Avatar
    I "remember" a couple of things that happened around the same time. I would have been no more than maybe 7 or 8 years old and this would have been the mid to late 1960s

Instance one, I remember we had a young girl from the neighborhood babysit my sister and I. During the course of the evening the subject of playing dressup arose. I'm not sure who suggested it, probably me. I dressed in some of my mothers things (wearing stockings and a garter belt are firm memories). I don't remember what my sister dressed up in. I don't remember the girl who babysat us as objecting to us doing this, though I also remember that I never told my parents or if we did tell I wasn't specific about what I put on.

The second instance, probably around the same age, because it was definitely the same house and I know we didn't spend that many years there, there was an older lady neighbor who lived down the street. By older I suspect she would have been in her 40s, though I don't really remember. Seems to me I remember going to visit her with one of my little male friends and she used to dress us up in the most exotic items of female attire. I have a firm recolection of being dressed in some kind of bustier and stockings.

This is not my first memory of crossdressing though. I remember that to be quite a few years earlier when I put on one of my mothers girdles and kept it on for quite a while, even under my regular trousers. So I've quite literally been crossdressing as long as I can remember.

BTW, I just saw a show on the Victorian age the other day and it mentioned that it was considered quite normal to dress little boys as girls until the age of puberty!

Quote Originally Posted by SiobhanW View Post
    BTW, I just saw a show on the Victorian age the other day and it mentioned that it was considered quite normal to dress little boys as girls until the age of puberty!
    I think around five years old was more normal. If you look up breeching you'll see quite a few pictures of unbreeched boys. For those of them with CD tendencies the day when they were forced out of their dresses must have been a traumatic one indeed! But the practice is an interesting one to bear in mind when we're thinking about theories that CDing may originate with being dressed at a young age.

Kisses,

Lucy

when i was 7 my cousin who was 11 dared me to put on panties and a dress. even at that early age i wouldn't turn down a dare, so i wore the dress and panties. i was hooked from the getgo. i don't know where my cousin got the girls clothes because he had all brothers. i had three older sisters and would borrow their clothes whenever i had the chance.
    a friend of mine in school (a gg) helped me dress as a girl for a halloween party when i was in high school. she also let me wear some of her clothes when we were alone at her house. i started dressing seriously at age 15 when one of my sisters died. i wore her clothes to be with her spirit.

Jill

unfortunately no one dressed me up when i was younger, had to wear all my sisters leotards without her knowing

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    No one dressed me up. I found I liked slips better than pj's. Having a bedroom downstairs meant I was allowed to explore cd'ing without many interruptions.

My step sister use to dress me up as her niece back in the earlie 60.s I would spend the weeekend at her place and she dessed me in her daughters sunday school dress and crinoline. She even toook me to a dess shop where she bought me a pretty confirmation gown a layered tulle skitr. When she died in 1974 she left me some of her party dresses leaving a note saying they were Shaun's halloween costume. I have been wearing desses since the 70,s I am wearin a weding gown right now. I wish I was a girl

At the age of Six. My parents dressed me. As that was what I wanted.

Dressed by father

When I was about 4 my father dressed me and my brothers in our mom's lingerie ,[slip and panties]I remember him touching me tell me I was a pretty girl.He wanted girls and had 4 boys.That went on for about a year ,till mom caught him ,dressed in a room with me and 2 of my brothers.We all have dressed sense .My older brother had a sex change about 10 years ago.

I was baptized in a baptismal dress that was handed down through the generations. Not sure if that counts lol!!

Serena