Thread: Day of Shopping - A little long

Day of Shopping - A little long

I have not been shopping for a while.Decided today was the day. I was in drab with panties under my pants. First stop, Fashion Bug. Greeted by SA, she said "just ask if you need help." Picked out Black Cuffed Capris and a print top. Next stop, J Jill. Again greeted by SA, but no other interaction. Picked out a pair of Grey Slacks and a sheer black blouse. At both stores I did not have the courage to ask if I could try on. Next stop, The Avenue. With large feet, shoes are a problems. Had seen the Sara pumps on their website. Walked in found my size paid and walked out. Decided it was lunch time. At lunch I decided that I could not consider it a successful day unless I had the courage to ask if I could try on.

Next stop, NY and Company. Walked in, two SA's talking and folding blouses. Walked over said hello. Told them that I was looking for an outfit that "I" could wear for work, thought to myself "not that I ever would." They said no problem. They asked what I was looking for, we talked a little about pants and capris and size. I then asked if each would pick out two outfits they liked. The went to work each picking out several pairs of slacks and tops.
    They asked what shoes I would be wearing. With an arm load of cloths off to the fitting room I went. As I was trying on they
    each continued to pass more items into the room. I decided on a pair of black wide leg slacks and a baby doll top. I handed the outfit to one of the SA's. As we were walking to the register, I spotted a skirt that caught my eye. I asked the SA if I could try it on. She said certainly and proceeded to find my size. She picked out another one and a couple of tops. Back to the fitting room. Tired on the first skirt that I liked . It did nothing for me, however the other one was fantastic. Black and White polka dots. Very soft and flowing. Matched it with a black sweater and white cami. When I left the fitting room, the SA had jewelry waiting for each outfit. Told her I decided on the skirt. She showed me how the jewelry would look. Made my purchases, thanked them and walked into the mall.

This ended up being a great day. I walked in asked for help, got great service and was treated with respect. I encourage all of you to give this a try. Get help from the SA's, thats what they are there for.

Jamie

P.S. I did send an email to NY & Company to praise the SA's .

Jamie, I think you did wonderful. As long as we are courteous and friendly to the SA's we interact with, they will return that treatment in kind. You made a positive impression on behalf of all of us... thank-you.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

OOOOHHHH, shopping! Sounds like a wonderful day!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Sounds great! I still don't quite have the guts to do that sort of thing. I can shop for myself, occassionally try stuff on, but I haven't been able to in a women's clothing store. I find at least in a department store, if I get nervous I can perform a tactical retreat to a different section. In a women's store, no such option.

That is great!!

You will find that at classy women's stores, the sa's are more friendly than department stores.

Jamie, that truely is a fantastic day! I am beginning to think that I can have that much confidence as well. So, hopefully a shopping trip is in order soon!

Dawn

What a wonderful positive story! By acting as if you normally do this, and giving the SAs a "project" to carry out, I think their jobs got a lot more interesting and meaningful. That translates into good service and respect.

You go girl I'm working on the nerve to do that hun
    Angie

Sounds like you had an awesome day
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Smile

I had some time to kill between runs the other day so I went to a local mall and walked through a Chico's and a Coldwater Creek. At Chico's, the SA asked just once if I needed any help then left me alone which was OK. I went into Coldwater Creek and saw so many things that I knew would fit me and I just fell in love with it all. I was moving from rack to rack trying to match tops with skirts and blazers, etc. . . There was a nice young SA who was really trying to be very helpful.Whenever I picked out a new item and then she would ask the question we all hear when we are shopping in drab,..."Is it for your wife?" I was dying to blurt out , no it's for me. I am a xdresser, but I chickened out. I was very good and I walked out of the store without buying anything because I could have spent a bundle in there. I will go in again and if the items are still there ( they probably won't be) and if I still like them, I may pick up a few things.

RitaB

The other day was my first time in La Senza, which would be my first time in a lingerie store, or a store that carries only women's clothing for that matter. It was weird, as there was a La Senza, La Senza Express, and La Senza Girl all in the same mall. I went to La Senza Express, because it looked less busy. Got asked if I needed any help, said "No, I'm good for now." When I got to the cash, she asked if I needed a gift receipt, and I said "No thanks, I'm good." she just wrapped the clothes, put them in a bag, told me no return on the panties, and to have a good day. No problems.