Thread: dressing in america

dressing in america

hi girls got something im wanting to know! im planning to go to the states soon to do some driving long distance, is it easy to obtain clothes and walk freely around without being noticed? and what are my chances of getting a CD friend there? p.s will be making this my permenent home from the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by carmie View Post
    hi girls got something im wanting to know! im planning to go to the states soon to do some driving long distance, is it easy to obtain clothes and walk freely around without being noticed? and what are my chances of getting a CD friend there? p.s will be making this my permenent home from the UK!
    What states are you going to? It's kinda hard to tell you what it is like here if we don't know where you are going. The US has differences from East to West and South to North..
    So...... where are you driving? Are you going to be picking a home at random? Do you have a job set up someplace?

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    The North East tends to be pretty tolerant to alternative lifestyles, and there are several communities here in Massachusetts where they wouldn't bat an eye. Other places not so much. Most big cities should have a T-girl group or club you can join. Outside of my home state, I don't really know. It's a very big country.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

answers

Hi Hon
    Welcome to the States when you come and it is easy to get the fem things you want just buy them like you would back in UK I think the two countries are similar enough in freedoms that you should not have trouble and for finding CD friends check around here and also check out this site it is a good one
    http://urnotalone.com/
    Hugs Annette

PS hope this helps and I am sure others will help you too
    A
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

not there yet

not in thew states yet but will be soon,tennesee and california are the too places im looking at at the present will be looking to rent property as well as getting a job looking forward to it immensly will have to get a PC to keep in contact with you lot. wife is staying in UK for about a year or more she dosent aprove.

not in thew states yet but will be soon,tennesee and california are the too places im looking at at the present will be looking to rent property as well as getting a job looking forward to it immensly will have to get a PC to keep in contact with you lot. wife is staying in UK for about a year or more she dosent aprove.

Portland Oregon is very liberal and accepting of all types of people. We even have bumper stickers that say "KEEP PORTLAND WEIRD" and we are neighbors to California.

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Carmie, I live in OC, just about 75 k's south of LA. Not the best CD area, but there r special places to meet CD's and go out to. But, LA, in particular the Hollywood area, might seem like CD heaven. It's also ALL PERV heaven. So, I don't go there. But u might like to at least see it. Of course San Francisco has been CD friendly since the '60's! Hope your trip works out perfect for u!
    RS

\

If your not real set on where your going to move to, you might want to look at Texas and the Dallas area. Lots of jobs around here and places to live.

nearly there

hi going over in november to visit a relative, to also check out the trucking companies to go on long distance drives, may be ill wear somthing fem, this is a dream come true if i can pull it off, hope to meet up with some of you when im driving round.

The bigger states might be easier, The smaller states might not.
    The Cities ( especially the bigger, well known cities ) probably allow you to have more freedom of expression, and are more liberal in their perceptions.
    The smaller rural areas ( towns and villages ) may still be a little bit backwards and might cramp your style.

You might consult sites like this one that index protections for us by state. http://www.transgenderlaw.org/cqmap.pdf
    Sally

I have driven in a dress from as far east as North Carolina to as far west as California, from as far south as Texas, to as far north as Michigan. Last weekend I drove from Muskogee, Oklahoma to Thayer, Missouri and back, thru some of the most rural country you can find. You won't start any commotions, and there won't be people swarming around you laughing. If you act like it is normal, most others will too. You might get an occasional man yelling "faggot" thru a car window, but they always drive right off. If you have a noticeable English accent, you will get far more comments on that than on your clothes.