Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So it finally happened to me!

So it finally happened to me!

On the 17th of september my 1st day back at work just after getting promoted came to an end. I was very stressed and relieved to get back home after such a long day. On sitting down my SO just came out with it and said "why have you got a crossdressing forum saved in your history". ........................... was my answer. I didn't know what to say to that, what do you say? Going through my head apart from "this isn't happening this isn't happening" was the fact that I should just come clean, dont lie. I always said to myself if anyone close to me asked me directly about my cding I would always tell the truth.

So then the questions came, (the formidable questions I have read about time and time again) are you gay? do you wont to become woman? etc etc. From her point of view she had just seen her boyfriend dressed as a girl, I could tell she was in shock. we had been talking for hours and hours, no chance I was going to sleep. She moved back home 1st thing the following morning, things didn't look to bright.

After a few days we started texting again, she told me I shouldnt worry. She had been reading up on it and learnt a lot about my condition. She understood that it would be with me for good and that she would never stand in front of me doing it. She wonted to move back in with me I had never been happier in my life. She also went on to say "maybe in the future I might buy you things". I couldnt believe my ears, one step at a time though is definitely the best course of action required!

Things are a lot better at the moment, infact I think the relationship has improved a little. We are both being a lot more honest with each other about the way we feel, which is great!

I started in the thought that I was going to end this post in "this website needs to change its name!" If she hadn't seen the title of this website she wouldn't of suspected anything. But if that was the case I would of never known how remarkable my SO can be. So thank you crossdressers.com

Chantelle X

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

so it finally happened to me!

You lucky, lucky girl, sounds like the best that could happen actually did.
    I wish I was 25 again and had told my girlfriend at the time that I was a crossdresser, she may have not married me but if she did knowing that about me then my life would have been fuller. As it is I waited to tell her after we were married for 18 years and that was not really fair to her by any stretch of the imagination so I have to deal with the ramifications of my dis honesty now.

Good for you. My SO already knew. I didnt know how to break it to her, but i eventually told her. She was fine with it and now im able to crossdress at will with her, go shopping and stuff. My life with her has never been happier.

jessica.

Emerging butterfly...
    Wow, all the heavy emotions you both must have been/are going through lately!! She must be quite wise to immediately research the subject instead of simply rejecting you from a purely emotional standpoint. And you're quite lucky that she seems to be forgiving of the "secret" that's been kept from her. Here's hoping that you will both now share the love & open-ness necessary for a newly enriching journey... together!

Peace, Love, & Hope,

Veronica

Wants red cocktail dress! nikki_t's Avatar
    Chantelle, it's so great that it got sorted out. I was worried for you for a while. My advice is to not get too carried away with too much too soon otherwise she might think it's taking over your life. Just go with the flow.

Turned out well

Good for you. I've had some softening about the edges as we discuss costumes. She has an inkling about my tendency and likes. Slowly, but surely. Hopefully this will work out before I'm really old, shriveled.

Diana

Chantelle! You did great! Honesty, the facts, communication and love generally result in a positive happening. Happned again! Congratulations to you and your SO.

One piece of advice: Don't over do it. GO SLOW. It's wonderful she's come this far in so short a time. But, don't blow her circuits by going wild. Take time, patience.

you are very lucky person , i envy you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good deal! Its sounds like it going to work out, and at such a young age. Just take it slow go at her pace, its working for me.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

You are a very lucky person!!
    Slow small steps now

Aspiring Member
    That's great! Just take it very slow and easy, dont let the relief, excitement, and "pink fog" take over.

If anything do the opposite of all of that. Remind her you are *still* "her man" and *she* is "your woman." She needs to know more than ever how much she means to you, and not just because she knows about and accepts your cd side.

This is only the beginning.

Im probably preaching to the choir, but oh well!

Good luck!
    ~Amber GG married to a CD
    Open mind open heart. Straight but not narrow. Momma to my sweet babies.
    Strong inside but you don't know it/Good little girls they never show it

Hi Chantelle! I'm really pleased things worked out so well for you both, so just take it slow and things can only get better.
    Hugs Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Thank you everyone!! Im happy she has taken it so well to start off. Odviously this is early days for the both of us, the last thing I wont to do is pressure her at all. I think the general consensus is to take things super slow which I can see how easy it is to get carried away (pink fog) as alarm clock girl said. the weekends coming so hopefully we can spend some time together, Take her out for a meal maybe.

If anyone has anymore advice I would love to hear it? anyone thats been in the same situation, what did you do to insure things ran smoothly. both set boundarys etc?

Thanks again

The key is to keep talking. Go very slowly. I think having her tell you what she expects from you is good. More importantly, you need to listen to her!!!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

thats great that it worked out for you hun my wfe of 39 years knows about 2 years now and it's better bigtime better hun
    Angie

Full time RVer, so varies. Home base Nevada

Great

Your life is going to become much better now. It takes a little time for some of our ladies to understand us. My told my first wife after 15 years of marriage and she did come to accept it, but it wasn't easy for her. With my secound wife, she knew from the start and has been just wonderful. She shops with me and for me. So hang in there Chantelle!! She sounds like she will give it a good try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Confessions

its nice to hear such a warm story, i always tell ma girlfriends about my condition they all seem to always like it, i lost most of them not because of CDing but cos they wanted to marry or moved out of town, and i think i tend to attract the girls that like CDs.

Guess wat? You need to see how fast their hearts beat wen we are to kiss while am en femme, its incredible..excited...they get! ....i think so

Yes, keep talking, that's good advice. And remember, talking means "two ways", so calmly state what you have to say, and then listen. You've been dealing with your issues and feelings for years, she's had hours or days and has just been hit by a train. Her instinct is to rebel and push back. Let her do that by not being defensive yourself. Express your feelings to her with an air of "I need your help in understanding why I do this" rather than saying something like "I'm a crossdresser and that's the way it is so you have to live with it." Asking for assistance is more successful than asking for tolerance.

Congrats on coming out. The next hours, weeks, months won't be easy, but you have her as a friend. Keep her that way and things will work!

The computer can be a dangerous thing. You never know how or if someone else will find things they aren't supposed to. Mine gets turned off when I'm away for a while.

Glad to hear about another member getting a lucky break. I know for sure I wouldn't be so lucky were I in a similar situation.

Glad it worked out for you Chantelle and hope your relationship keeps growing.
    I've been in the closet for 30 or so years (My fault, I know) so if my wife ever found out, I share the same view as Katrina that I will probably not be so lucky with her reaction.
    However, I don't know what would hurt her more - the fact that her hubby likes to dress as a woman or that I've held a secret from her for so many years
    Hugs,

Christi

Banned Read only
    She had no right to be snooping through the history in your computer. If you had done the same to her, she likely would have accused you of snooping, and not trusting her, and invading her privacy. If she's just your girlfriend, and already snooping, and confronting you, you might want to hold off on any marriage plans. It only gets worse!

Thanks for everyones advice. I will take everything onboard

Quote Originally Posted by sosoft73 View Post

Guess wat? You need to see how fast their hearts beat wen we are to kiss while am en femme, its incredible..excited...they get! ....i think so
    hermmm, bit of a contradiction to what everybody else has said. Maybe one step at a time. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    She had no right to be snooping through the history in your computer. If you had done the same to her, she likely would have accused you of snooping

Hay Melinda. In her absolute defence, she uses my computer for work and went into my history to find a website she went on previously. I didn't give her anything to be paranoid about.....errrrr, apart from this obviously. but at the time, she didn't suspect a thing.

Thanks again for everybodys words of wisdom

Chantelle

Well it's already been said but I'll repeat, you are a lucky guy. Your GF sounds like a very clever and sensitive woman who also loves you very much. Take it all carefully and gradually and you can look forwad to many happy years together.
    It's nice to read some good stories on this site.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Hi Chantelle

I am glad its all working out so well for both of you

There is something else you may want to consider

Why dont you ask her to join the forum I am sure she would enjoy chatting with the other Genetic Girls
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations