Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A Bit o' Fun (hey, it's Friday!) . . .

Talking A Bit o' Fun (hey, it's Friday!) . . .

Hear ye, hear ye . . . one of our newest cabin boys has been promoted (at this rate we'll need a new batch of cabin boys soon).

[SIZE="4"]Sir Trey[/SIZE] is now the ship's Weapons Master, with all the rights and privileges attached thereto. He's in charge of the state of the guns, shot, powder, cutlasses, rapiers, muskets and pistols. So let's make it official . . . kneel before the captain, sailor (and get your dirty minds out the gutter, the rest of you ) . . . I now confer upon you the title of GenderQuest's Weapons Master. Arise, Sir Trey . . . and take your station! Congratulations, mate!

Now you may have heard rumors that Sir Trey bribed his way into the captain's good graces and new position - it's not true, he earned it solely through his hard work and dedication. So take notes if you're still a cabin boy looking for a promotion . . . though a couple of extra barrels of rum added to the cap's private stash couldn't hurt. But don't be in such a rush to be promoted, after all everyone knows that the captain favors the cabin boys and gives them extra special treatment.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    its true He bribed you with Amstels!!! and drank it himself to get in ur good books!

awww man the new guy got promoted ahead of me..... *kicks the planks*

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    oops!! LEX!!!!!

What's this about promotions?

And being cabin boy sounds fun.. there to help everyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For certain you must be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was. ~ Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    TJ, read between the lines, man . . .

But don't be in such a rush to be promoted, after all everyone knows that the captain favors the cabin boys and gives them extra special treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by TierganShaw
    And being cabin boy sounds fun.. there to help everyone?
    Well no . . . not really everyone . . . they're mainly there to serve the captain (this includes you, Tiergan).

Oh, I almost forgot . . . as an honorary FtM and gender pirate and due to his ability to finally find his way out of Jersey . . . Aethen has been given the title of Ship's Navigator.

If you still want a promotion, TJ, maybe I can find some position for you assisting our navigator . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    If you still want a promotion, TJ, maybe I can find some position for you assisting our navigator . . .
    you'll never get any work done navigating the ship if you do that lol

Hey Cap'n, am I still the ship's mascot? I'm not even sure how that managed to happen in the first place.
    Story of my life –>

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew
    you'll never get any work done navigating the ship if you do that lol
    This is true . . . we may end up in the Bermuda Triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenFrost View Post
    Hey Cap'n, am I still the ship's mascot? I'm not even sure how that managed to happen in the first place.
    You know, Zen, I couldn't remember how that happened either, so I went searching for the thread - it was during one of our wild parties . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    Well, we've been looking for a mascot (besides Zen ), what's the birdie's name?
    We can talk about a possible promotion, Zen . . . just step into my quarters and we can negotiate . . .

im still the ships monkey right???

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    im still the ships monkey right???
    Yeah, absolutely . . . we're the only ship with a monkey for a first mate!

Actually I like the privilege of being a cabin boy (don't ask me why). Hehe and I already assist the navigator a fair bit... umm unofficially of course.... when he's off duty.... ummm when I'm off duty... errr......

Well no . . . not really everyone . . . they're mainly there to serve the captain (this includes you, Tiergan).
    Oh, that sounds like such a HARD life...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For certain you must be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was. ~ Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Cool. A weapons master. Now that section of the Ship's Library, with all the books about weaponry will finally get used.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein9 View Post
    Cool. A weapons master. Now that section of the Ship's Library, with all the books about weaponry will finally get used.
    imaginary! library

Nope. It's definitely got a positive ontological status.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Nope. It's definitely got a positive ontological status.
    And a HUGE "V" section.

(That's a Library of Congress Classification joke. Don't worry, it's the only one.)

Mark
    Ship's Navigator, God help us all.

I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group . . . You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them.

~Michael Moore

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...9004/event.png

...And that's when Das realizes the books on weaponry aren't as dusty as they should be with their extended period of disuse...

Wasn't me.
    Last edited by ZenFrost; 10-12-2007 at 05:56 PM.
    Story of my life –>

Quote Originally Posted by aethen View Post
    And a HUGE "V" section.

(That's a Library of Congress Classification joke. Don't worry, it's the only one.)

Mark
    Had to Google that, but I get it now. Points for obscure yet relevant reference!
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Quote Originally Posted by aethen View Post
    And a HUGE "V" section.

Mark

Works on many levels, actually, when one factors in the "HUGE" bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TierganShaw View Post
    Oh, that sounds like such a HARD life...
    Now why does that scare me?

So where is Trey in all this . . . counting guns or sneaking some Bud Lite onto the ship?

Aethen, you have to share that joke with the rest of the class . . . I mean, crew.

Tristan, after careful consideration and a consultation with my . . . um, trusted adviser . . . it's been decided that you will be the navigator's Cartographer, which means you'll be working the sextant and all those other instruments. And you can keep the cabin boy position too, if it suits you - after all, you wouldn't be the first cabin boy to be promoted and still act as cabin boy as it suits the captain.

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Trey! I can't think of a better Weapons Master - we need someone with a level head to do that job and I think the Captain chose well

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Oh you boys are all the same - playing with your sextants, instruments and weapons

Suzy

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Tristan, after careful consideration and a consultation with my . . . um, trusted adviser . . . it's been decided that you will be the navigator's Cartographer, which means you'll be working the sextant and all those other instruments. And you can keep the cabin boy position too, if it suits you - after all, you wouldn't be the first cabin boy to be promoted and still act as cabin boy as it suits the captain.

Congratulations!
    Yay! Hehe... sounds like such a dirty job... working the sextant, hehe....