Thread: A Bit o' Fun (hey, it's Friday!) . . .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking A Bit o' Fun (hey, it's Friday!) . . .

Hear ye, hear ye . . . one of our newest cabin boys has been promoted (at this rate we'll need a new batch of cabin boys soon).

[SIZE="4"]Sir Trey[/SIZE] is now the ship's Weapons Master, with all the rights and privileges attached thereto. He's in charge of the state of the guns, shot, powder, cutlasses, rapiers, muskets and pistols. So let's make it official . . . kneel before the captain, sailor (and get your dirty minds out the gutter, the rest of you ) . . . I now confer upon you the title of GenderQuest's Weapons Master. Arise, Sir Trey . . . and take your station! Congratulations, mate!

Now you may have heard rumors that Sir Trey bribed his way into the captain's good graces and new position - it's not true, he earned it solely through his hard work and dedication. So take notes if you're still a cabin boy looking for a promotion . . . though a couple of extra barrels of rum added to the cap's private stash couldn't hurt. But don't be in such a rush to be promoted, after all everyone knows that the captain favors the cabin boys and gives them extra special treatment.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    its true He bribed you with Amstels!!! and drank it himself to get in ur good books!

awww man the new guy got promoted ahead of me..... *kicks the planks*

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    oops!! LEX!!!!!

What's this about promotions?

And being cabin boy sounds fun.. there to help everyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For certain you must be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was. ~ Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    TJ, read between the lines, man . . .

But don't be in such a rush to be promoted, after all everyone knows that the captain favors the cabin boys and gives them extra special treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by TierganShaw
    And being cabin boy sounds fun.. there to help everyone?
    Well no . . . not really everyone . . . they're mainly there to serve the captain (this includes you, Tiergan).

Oh, I almost forgot . . . as an honorary FtM and gender pirate and due to his ability to finally find his way out of Jersey . . . Aethen has been given the title of Ship's Navigator.

If you still want a promotion, TJ, maybe I can find some position for you assisting our navigator . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    If you still want a promotion, TJ, maybe I can find some position for you assisting our navigator . . .
    you'll never get any work done navigating the ship if you do that lol

Hey Cap'n, am I still the ship's mascot? I'm not even sure how that managed to happen in the first place.
    Story of my life –>

Well no . . . not really everyone . . . they're mainly there to serve the captain (this includes you, Tiergan).
    Oh, that sounds like such a HARD life...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For certain you must be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was. ~ Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Cool. A weapons master. Now that section of the Ship's Library, with all the books about weaponry will finally get used.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by TierganShaw View Post
    Oh, that sounds like such a HARD life...
    Now why does that scare me?

So where is Trey in all this . . . counting guns or sneaking some Bud Lite onto the ship?

Aethen, you have to share that joke with the rest of the class . . . I mean, crew.

Tristan, after careful consideration and a consultation with my . . . um, trusted adviser . . . it's been decided that you will be the navigator's Cartographer, which means you'll be working the sextant and all those other instruments. And you can keep the cabin boy position too, if it suits you - after all, you wouldn't be the first cabin boy to be promoted and still act as cabin boy as it suits the captain.

Congratulations!

Hear ye, hear ye . . . one of our newest cabin boys has been promoted (at this rate we'll need a new batch of cabin boys soon).

[SIZE="4"]Sir Trey[/SIZE] is now the ship's Weapons Master, with all the rights and privileges attached thereto. He's in charge of the state of the guns, shot, powder, cutlasses, rapiers, muskets and pistols. So let's make it official . . . kneel before the captain, sailor (and get your dirty minds out the gutter, the rest of you ) . . . I now confer upon you the title of GenderQuest's Weapons Master. Arise, Sir Trey . . . and take your station! Congratulations, mate!

Now you may have heard rumors that Sir Trey bribed his way into the captain's good graces and new position - it's not true, he earned it solely through his hard work and dedication. So take notes if you're still a cabin boy looking for a promotion . . . though a couple of extra barrels of rum added to the cap's private stash couldn't hurt. But don't be in such a rush to be promoted, after all everyone knows that the captain favors the cabin boys and gives them extra special treatment.
    Captain, I respectfully accept this new position and would be honored to serve as the Ship's Weapons Master....<<bowing humbly before the Captain>>...I will do My very best to tend to My duties faithfully and responsibly, Sir.....**Weapons Master, Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTrey View Post
    Captain, I respectfully accept this new position and would be honored to serve as the Ship's Weapons Master....<<bowing humbly before the Captain>>...I will do My very best to tend to My duties faithfully and responsibly, Sir.....**Weapons Master, Trey**
    Suck up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Suck up!
    I'm NOT a suck up, I am simply being respectful to OUR Captain....
    Ever The Opportunist

So, what does one have to do to become part of this ship's party?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by durden View Post
    Everyone starts out as a cabin boy until they get a promotion, which is usually based on their specific talents and skills. For example, Bi is the ship's cook 'cause he's always feeding us brownies. So, what talents have you, Durden?

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    I'm cabin boy first, and dirty **** boy second... err or something like that hehe
    TJ, some might say there isn't much of a difference there.

Hi All Y'All..

Well.. The proper pirate way would be to clench a cutlass in your teeth and start to climb a boarding line?

As for flogging wenches - you're welcome to come and try...

Who you bettin' on?

[SIZE=1](With acknowledgement to imdb.com, for movie still below)[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nicki B; 10-14-2007 at 01:16 AM.

I'm starting to think that hobbling round on one leg and crutches is going a bit far, just to be a part of the crew... Will someone pass the rum?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by SirTrey View Post
    Haha, cool! I thought you'd like that.