Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Bit o' Fun (hey, it's Friday!) . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Now why does that scare me?
    Oh Captain my Captain... be afraid. Be very afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For certain you must be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was. ~ Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

well someone has to do it..!

...Can I be the wanton wench with the low cut red dress?................

How 'bout the wanton wench in the little black PVC dress?

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Am I swabbing decks? Not that I mind being on my knees around a bunch of cute guys ...

Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.

it's been decided that you will be the navigator's Cartographer, which means you'll be working the sextant and all those other instruments. And you can keep the cabin boy position too, if it suits you
    Mmmm, the "cabin boy" is one of my favorite positions.

And for the non-nerdy... V is the classification for naval science. And interestingly enough... VD is the classification for Naval Seamen. Someone at the Library of Congress has a sick sense of humor.

~Mark
    Ship's Navigator, God help us all.
    Last edited by aethen; 10-13-2007 at 12:12 PM.

I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group . . . You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them.

~Michael Moore

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...9004/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by privateperks View Post
    Am I swabbing decks? Not that I mind being on my knees around a bunch of cute guys ...

Story of my life –>

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Yay! Hehe... sounds like such a dirty job... working the sextant, hehe....
    Heehee, I thought you'd like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TierganShaw
    Oh Captain my Captain... be afraid. Be very afraid.
    Bring it on . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison
    Can I be the wanton wench with the low cut red dress?................
    Yes, please . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMcBride
    How 'bout the wanton wench in the little black PVC dress?
    That works too!

Quote Originally Posted by privateperks
    We don't mind that either, Perks . . . which is why you probably won't be getting a promotion anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aethen
    Mmmm, the "cabin boy" is one of my favorite positions.
    You do realize that he's still my cabin boy, right? And he's your cartographer . . . but I don't need to know what goes on in your cabin when he's off duty.

Thanks for explaining the joke, btw.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hear ye, hear ye . . . one of our newest cabin boys has been promoted (at this rate we'll need a new batch of cabin boys soon).

[SIZE="4"]Sir Trey[/SIZE] is now the ship's Weapons Master, with all the rights and privileges attached thereto. He's in charge of the state of the guns, shot, powder, cutlasses, rapiers, muskets and pistols. So let's make it official . . . kneel before the captain, sailor (and get your dirty minds out the gutter, the rest of you ) . . . I now confer upon you the title of GenderQuest's Weapons Master. Arise, Sir Trey . . . and take your station! Congratulations, mate!

Now you may have heard rumors that Sir Trey bribed his way into the captain's good graces and new position - it's not true, he earned it solely through his hard work and dedication. So take notes if you're still a cabin boy looking for a promotion . . . though a couple of extra barrels of rum added to the cap's private stash couldn't hurt. But don't be in such a rush to be promoted, after all everyone knows that the captain favors the cabin boys and gives them extra special treatment.
    Captain, I respectfully accept this new position and would be honored to serve as the Ship's Weapons Master....<<bowing humbly before the Captain>>...I will do My very best to tend to My duties faithfully and responsibly, Sir.....**Weapons Master, Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTrey View Post
    Captain, I respectfully accept this new position and would be honored to serve as the Ship's Weapons Master....<<bowing humbly before the Captain>>...I will do My very best to tend to My duties faithfully and responsibly, Sir.....**Weapons Master, Trey**
    Suck up!

Quote Originally Posted by SirTrey View Post
    Haha, cool! I thought you'd like that.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Suck up!
    I'm NOT a suck up, I am simply being respectful to OUR Captain....
    Ever The Opportunist

So, what does one have to do to become part of this ship's party?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You do realize that he's still my cabin boy, right? And he's your cartographer . . . but I don't need to know what goes on in your cabin when he's off duty.

Already fighting over me? I'm cabin boy first, and dirty **** boy second... err or something like that hehe

Already fighting over me? I'm cabin boy first, and dirty **** boy second... err or something like that hehe
    Liar

I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group . . . You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them.

~Michael Moore

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aethen View Post
    Liar
    took the words right out my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by durden View Post
    So, what does one have to do to become part of this ship's party?
    Everyone starts out as a cabin boy until they get a promotion, which is usually based on their specific talents and skills. For example, Bi is the ship's cook 'cause he's always feeding us brownies. So, what talents have you, Durden?

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    I'm cabin boy first, and dirty **** boy second... err or something like that hehe
    TJ, some might say there isn't much of a difference there.

Platinum Member
    There isnt!!!!

Ohhhh, good point.... Then it's damn good being me.

Everyone starts out as a cabin boy until they get a promotion, which is usually based on their specific talents and skills. For example, Bi is the ship's cook 'cause he's always feeding us brownies. So, what talents have you, Durden?
    Hmm... let's see. I've got some art/design skills. Don't know if that would come in handy for drawing maps to some buried treasure of sort. Not that you ever want to give anyone a map to your treasure[s]. Uhh... I can drink like a champ. No one wants to chill w/a shipmate that can't hold his liquor. And, I've got a bum left eye. I'm the perfect candidate for sporting a legitimate eyepatch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ohhhh, good point.... Then it's damn good being me.
    And even better being me. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

~Michael Moore

Platinum Member
    Hmm... let's see. I've got some art/design skills. Don't know if that would come in handy for drawing maps to some buried treasure of sort. Not that you ever want to give anyone a map to your treasure[s]. Uhh... I can drink like a champ. No one wants to chill w/a shipmate that can't hold his liquor. And, I've got a bum left eye. I'm the perfect candidate for sporting a legitimate eyepatch.
    ok i got it Durden is the ships artist! and Ben (jsoto) is the ships photographer, just look at his flickr for evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew
    ok i got it Durden is the ships artist!
    Hmmm . . . yeah, ship's artist sounds good - I've been needing a cool tattoo. And we definitely have to get you an eye patch.

Everyone starts out as a cabin boy until they get a promotion, which is usually based on their specific talents and skills.
    Wait, I don't ever remember being a cabin boy. I'd just been meandering around the Genderquest until you decided that I was the mascot. So, if I'm the mascot, does that mean that my specific talents and skills are to stand around and do nothing?
    Story of my life –>

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    ok i got it Durden is the ships artist! and Ben (jsoto) is the ships photographer, just look at his flickr for evidence
    Sweet. Sounds great.

Hmmm . . . yeah, ship's artist sounds good - I've been needing a cool tattoo. And we definitely have to get you an eye patch.
    & that's a can do w/that tattoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    & that's a can do w/that tattoo.
    ok ive been wanting one for months now i know who to ask