Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone regret coming out?

I sat next to a wife for a few minutes at at cd meeting last week. Her comment, "Married to a crossdresser is easy! Piece of cake. Fun really. I go shopping and I get myself some shorts and come home with two dresses that I think will look cute on him, (gestering toward her blond-haired partner). Married to a transexual--hormones surgery--this is tough, I would trade in a minute."

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    To be truthful, Yes. I should have just killed myself. I just lost the last of my family 2 weeks ago. I am lonely, depressed and working my butt off for nothing. I can't pay my bills anymore, nor find a job with a 17 year background. I am working for a fast food place delivering. It is a dead end job with little hope. I have lost most of the self respect I had left. I pray everyday things will get better, but hope is slipping. I am completely fed up with society and there BS ways. I'm sick of complaining, seems I am powerless in this world of "Money makes the world go round". I fear my marrage will not get much better, nor my kids will understand why people have to be so mean. I'm tired of going to enterviews to be told I'm over or under qualified and or don't fit there corp image. Very few things have gone right lately, everytime I turn around it's another slap in the face. Read the Rainbow Times, even pompis Mayors like Jerry Sanders are hipocrites, I feel bad for his daughter whom just came out. Pass the Mathew Sheppards Act, good GOD, it ain't gonna hurt anyone. I feel very alone in this world, so do I regret comin out, yes, and why, simply cause I am just as depressed as I was 3 years ago before I came out.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

No regrets here. I really feel very fortunate to have a wife that is so understanding. She even seems to go our of her way to make sure I am happy. She helps me find clothes that look good on me. She lets me play a little, like buying my prom dress, she helps me with various looks. We kind of grew together in it from early in our relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Ashe View Post
    I should have just killed myself.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Sometimes life just sucks, but that doesn't mean you should end it all. God has a plan for everyone. Don't give up!

I regret having been honest to my ex-girlfriend about my transvestism. After attempting for an extended period to "come to terms" with my "secret", a period in which she often called me "gay", a "pervert", "sick", etc., etc., she cheated on me and left me. She also revealed my secret to a number of people with whom I have contact but with whom I would never dream of discussing such a personal issue.
    I realize in retrospect that this woman has serious character problems that eventually would have made a relationship impossible, even if I had not come out to her. On the other hand, it's impossible to deny that transvestites/crossdressers/transsexuals are considered ridiculous figures by a large number of people. Saying "Did you know X is a secret transvestite?" is different from saying "Did you know X is a secret philanthropist", or inventor, or linguistic expert, or whatever.
    For this reason I don't talk about my transvestism, and I plan to continue to conceal it.

It's the best thing I have done. I should have done it when I was much younger. Of course I probably would never come out all the way if it hadn't been for the wonderful people here that helped me to understand it a bit better.

Regrets? Not a one. I even help out with a youth organization now... As a woman. Woo-Hoo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    Regrets .... no I have only come out to my wife , from day one of our courtship and to my sister who is supportive and my mother who is don't ask don't tell. My wife is not ashamed of me , supports me , we have alot of fun together. Actually I do have one regrte and that is thatI did not come out sooner . My job will not allow for it but I do hope to , with the support I have here and that of my wife to slowly come out more in my private life , to live more of my life as Viccy , Viccy is who I am.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

I told my wife a ywear after we were married her reaction was shock, but leter I agreed to dress under and when went out as a group I would do it without her and that's worked. Happy I told her would hate to hide that from her anyways.

Coming out

I have no regrets even though my ex-wife told my parents about it a long time ago and it caused me some problems for a few years. My dressing has been the most exciting thing in my life. I have loved riding motorcycles for many years but have walked away from it because my dressing is more important. The point is, is that I have seen too many people this year lose limbs and their lives on bikes. A guy I work with was maimed on his this year and may not work again. His wife was also badly hurt. A local charity run I would have ridden in the past had people killed this year, I would have been in that pack. I know people get hurt in car wrecks but I have walked away from 3 of those where I was the victim in the last 10 years or so. I would have been dead or had a near death experience if I had been on my motorcycle. I love my dressing up more than motorcycling. I dont want to end up being a one legged crossdresser or a dead one. My dressing is the center of my life as it lets me be myself. I am glad I came out.

ok well my experiance was a bad one

sometimes life is not a happy expeiance.i never realy came out willingly,wen i was about 13 my step mom cought me wearing one of here skirts'''. holly crap what a nightmare. she told my dad. and then he ask me if i was gay. i told him becouse i thought at the time that i must be,i said yes,holly crap what a nightmare.he said get the fuc out of my house and never come backthis hert me so bad i dont think i will ever recover from the scar that it left on me.i'm criying as i tell u this i love my dad so much and to have him say this to me was so hard on me.he said that is the most dicusting thing i can imagine get the fuc out and dont come back ever.total scar.i will remember that for the rest of my life.so yes coming out can be a very hard thing to do and the thing is i only crossdress once in a wile and if you new me i'm totally a normal guy and i like women i want to find a woman that can cope with my femanan side

I know a little of what your going thru. Back in late 2003 the plant I was working in closed down. We lived in West Virginia, which is the most job depresed state in the union. Being over 55, it took me 14 months and moving to Dallas TX to find a new perm job and start life over again. I went thru some mild depression as weeks turned into months. Durning this time frame, my CDing went sky high, mainly due to the stress, and I ended up coning out of the closet. I am now a member of the local Dallas Tri-Ess and wife even knows now. She is not totally happy with my CDing, but does understand it a little. She does not wish to see me dressed, but has re-arranged her gym schedule to allow me one Saturday afternoon to be my fem self. It happens to be the same Saturday of my Tri-Ess meeting, so I can make it a afternoon/evening affair.
    Hang in there and take life one day at a time.

Glad I told her. Glad we are still a we. I am still in a closet though. She is 'ok' with it she just doesn't want to see Beth around the house. I still dress when I am home alone and I don't say much about it. I don't worry about being caught. She does make mention if I didn't get all the eyeliner off. It makes her a little uncomfortable. Maybe some day I can lounge around the house when she is here. We are ok.