Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is elvira tacky ?

Is elvira tacky ?

I noticed that one of the fox channels is running a program called the search for the new elvira and im sitting here watching this show right now and i noticed there is a lot of t-girls litting them selfs git drawn into this thing so i ask the question is elvira tacky or is it just the persona...personally i think the whole shtick is a little dated...charlie...
    Last edited by charlie-50; 10-13-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Banned Read only
    The shtick is a little tack camp but was never intended as anything but that.

Elvira is meant to appeal to twelve-year old boys. She seems to do that quite well.

Tacky? Yeah, but that's what boys like.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

She's a crossdresser LOL when out of character she's a Red Head and totally not recognised in public. As for her Schtick, Zacherly has been Zacherly since the 50's and still appears as Zacherly even today even in his late 80's possibly early 90's and still doing radio as last I heard.

For those who don't know . . . Zacherly was one of, if not the first of the Campy Horror hosts in the country. He was known as Zacherly
    The Cool Ghoul, he DJ'd on WNEW FM in the late 60's when it was the Premier Free Form Radio station in the world. Back when radio was worth listening to.
    [SIZE="3"]It's Just Me[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Genevera View Post
    She's a crossdresser LOL when out of character she's a Red Head and totally not recognised in public. As for her Schtick, Zacherly has been Zacherly since the 50's and still appears as Zacherly even today even in his late 80's possibly early 90's and still doing radio as last I heard.

For those who don't know . . . Zacherly was one of, if not the first of the Campy Horror hosts in the country. He was known as Zacherly
    The Cool Ghoul, he DJ'd on WNEW FM in the late 60's when it was the Premier Free Form Radio station in the world. Back when radio was worth listening to.
    Is Elvira really a crossdresser? Are you just yanking my chain? I don't want to appear stupid if I repeat this, but I had no idea and really want to know. I think Elvira is BEAUTIFUL! Always have. In the 80's.. I wanted to look like her so badly!!
    Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

She crossdresses from vamp to vampire LOL she is a GG in reality but looks nothing like here character

Platinum Member
    Elvira is the queen of hallween.... lol if your lucky Halloween comes twice a year.... next your going to pick on the easter bunny..........

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Viva Elvira

Is she tacky? Of course Elvira is tacky. I LOVE tacky! It's my middle name! Wish I could be that tacky, sometimes!
    RS

I love Cassandra Peterson, and Elvira is a classic 'camp' vamp icon. I have a copy of the '88 Mistress of the Dark movie which I adore especially the punk poodle Algonquin.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Gosh, I was thinking DAMN... she is GOOD! LOL But if she is a GG.. it's not so amazing.. any of us, I mean ANY could look like a totally different person with enough time and unlimited resources. I wish I could look like Elvira.. or Morticia!
    Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Elvira Tacky:

Elvira or "just the persona" ?

What the Producers wanted to project was probably just the Body and the Sexy Vampiress Persona.

There's a ton of room in there to project various forms of substance.

I enjoyed the humor and playfulness of Elvira, though I wished for more of that "subsurface wink and nod recognition" of a wise soul playing a shallow part.

The actress did what she does best to give Elvira substance, and I love her !

If I did Elvira, (where do I sign up!?) I would bring all the substance I could while meeting the Marketing Goals of the Producers and Advertisers, and save the unfettered Charm, Wit and Wisdom for "spin off" productions. I see a sort of Elvira meets Morticia as my Ideal.

I love Tacky when the actor/actress connects with me in the knowledge that "this is tacky, and so what? let's see what we can make of it !"

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Emerging butterfly...
    I think of Elvira as "timelessly tacky", & I love it!!
    Halloween is a single night of freedom, to express other sides of ourselves which are normally subdued or denied. We get to freely express our monster-side, our super-hero side, our feminine-side, & yes, even our tacky side!!

She's part of what makes Halloween so fun & I personally hope they find a replacement who is at least as tacky as her!

Peace, Luv, & Goofiness,

Veronica

I think Elvira is meant to be tacky too. That is part of the charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    I love Cassandra Peterson, and Elvira is a classic 'camp' vamp icon. I have a copy of the '88 Mistress of the Dark movie which I adore especially the punk poodle Algonquin.
    oh god, me too she is great

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Gosh, I was thinking DAMN... she is GOOD! LOL But if she is a GG.. it's not so amazing.. any of us, I mean ANY could look like a totally different person with enough time and unlimited resources. I wish I could look like Elvira.. or Morticia!
    Kris
    yes me too . maybe next year lol

Tacky? Of course! That's the whole point. She's also very GG. I agree with others, a GG Drag Queen. Love her!
    -Sedona

I wouldn't mind Elvira coming over here and giving me some tacky tips amongst other things.
    Weeeeeeee

Lipstick Lez at heart! celtic.blue.eyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Elvira is meant to appeal to twelve-year old boys. She seems to do that quite well.

Tacky? Yeah, but that's what boys like.
    My God, I must have some real growing up to do! I still find her fascinating and sexy!
    God's finest work of art is that of a beautiful woman.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Casandra is either a GG or had a very very talented surgeon as there are some very old but definatly real nude pics of her out there from before her Elvira days.

She's done a few other roles too. I've caught her in one of the Pee Wee movies and she played the evil queen in one of the Allan Quatermain films.

I think she is awesome. Especially as Elvira. She plays with the role, sets up then makes fun of a range of stereotypes and has maintained a classic style of comedy that is rarely seen anymore. Her original gig, where she hosted some of the worst horror movies ever made (Like Robot Monster where the alien robot was a gorilla suit with a diving helmet for a head and tv antenna!) only to interrupt them at points and make fun of them. I loved her 1st Elvira movie Elvira: Mistress of the Dark. I haven't seen her more recent film Elvira's Haunted Hills yet but I read that it was co-written and co-starred by the writer of Rocky Horror!

When she heard that Monica Lewinski had been nicknamed Elvira at the white house she publicly challenged her to a televised mud wrestling match. Unfortunatly Monica didn't accept the challenge.

I always thought the main subtextual message of Elviras work was one of individual empowerment. A very 3rd and 4th wave feminist message.

Is Elvira:
    Tacky? Yes
    Bad taste? Probably
    Dated? Yes
    Fun? Hell Yes!
    A Role Model for Crossdressers? Would you rather look like your grandmother?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Talking about reality shows . . . late october they are airing a show i can't remember it's name but it goes something like - There's something about (name forgotton) it's a reality show where several men compete for the affections of . . . unknown to them . . . A pre-op transexual. I think it might be Fox

We are all stardust MoonBaby GG's Avatar
    Oh gosh...she's just *FUN* and that's all she ever intended the role to be. I'd love to hang out with her....what a blast.

I am the life partner of Nicole Meadows who is sweet as an apple on Christmas day.

"There are only four questions of value in life. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made of? What is worth living for? What is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."
    ~ Don Juan DeMarco

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Is Elvira:
    Tacky? Yes
    Bad taste? Probably
    Dated? Yes
    Fun? Hell Yes!
    A Role Model for Crossdressers? Would you rather look like your grandmother?
    That works for me...charlie.....

By the way if yall watch the show who do you think going to get the spot ...i saw a couple good ones in the pack....charlie...

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-50 View Post
    is elvira tacky or is it just the persona...personally
    Elvira tacky???!!! Of course not!!!

She's the queen of halloween and she brings out the fun side of the day.

Sure she is, but to quote from a popular country song: "I like my women just a little on the tacky side".

:-)

Not really - just had to toss that out there anyway!