Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if there was a drug that ....

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar

What if there was a drug that ....

Following on from DeniseNJ's thread "If you had to choose" I saw that one of my Yahoo 360 TS friends asked a question in her blog that I thought was really interesting ... so interesting that I thought I'd ask everyone here too. I know most here are CD or TG and not necessarily TS but nevertheless, her question was:

"If there was such a thing as a drug that would change the part of your brain that "feels different" in terms of gender,would you take it?" In other words if you were given the choice of a pill that would leave you as "all man" with no crossdressing thoughts at all, would you take it or turn it down?

For me, I want to to tell you that I describe myself as a somewhat "serious crossdresser" in the sense that I simply can't go through the day without openly showing some sort of femme side to the world. I like being, and feeling, feminine. It seems so natural and right to me. I'm a little bit "TS like" but not a "real one" if you know what I mean. I want to, and like being, an openly feminine girly guy who often presents as a woman, that's where I'm happiest. I want the best of both worlds at the same time. (as opposed to cders who like to compartmentalize their cding) Would I take a pill to make me "all male"? ... hell no!

I know there have been threads like this in the past but I'd love to hear your opinions no matter what they are, and especially if they differ from mine.

Hugs
    Rachel
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

A pill that suppresses all my crossdressing desires would surely help my wallet if it was a cheap pill !

Not me, forget the pill! I like me just the way Iam!

Huggs, Renee

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by renee k;
    Not me, forget the pill! I like me just the way Iam!

Huggs, Renee
    I am with Renee on this.

Edwina

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Absolutely Not!!!! In more rational terms. My femme side is a large part of who I am. If I erase my femme side I would fail to be me anymore. Jocelyn

No pill thank you. I am comfortable with me.

If it ends the gender dsyphoria I'm feeling, I will gladly take it. I just want to be... "normal" or mainstream.
    Trying to be myself..

If you would have asked me that 5 years ago, I would have said
    "absolutely!" I still had some serious issues with who I am. At this point in my life, I've come to accept myself for the way I am and the way I want to be. The pill would simplify my life a lot, but it would also rob me of an essential part of me. A part that I really don't want to lose at this point in my life.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm going to have to side with the majority on this one. It's certainly true that taking that "male pill" would make my life easier in many ways, definitely less conflicted; however, I've gotten to the point where I really look forward to those occasions, infrequent though they are, where I can experience that sense of peace and contentment that I cannot even describe. These are the times that I get to know the feminine side of me - I cherish every one of them and would not trade them for the world.

Rachel

no pill for me... I love who I am now.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I would take a pill that would make all "pill" questions invisible to me while others could read and respond to them.

Let's do this thing (whatever your thing IS) Au Naturel !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Interesting question but my answer would be no. The reason being that my brain has been essentially "rewired" and now all of my feelings , both masculine and feminine are intertwined and work in concert. Appearance wise, I can switch from male to female "mode" but the person within is always the same person and there is no need to switch my thinking and actions between the two. The only difference is the trappings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerise
    If it ends the gender dsyphoria I'm feeling, I will gladly take it. I just want to be... "normal" or mainstream.
    Ditto, though the thought of being one of the regular guys scares me a bit.

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    no way! this is one of the most fun things i can do without getting in too much trouble!
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post
    Ditto, though the thought of being one of the regular guys scares me a bit.
    True.. I just think if there is a pill that can completely rewire me, at the cost of becoming another person, I think it is a small sacrifice. At least I won't have to go through the ordeal of losing my friends and family.

I guess I'm the odd one out.
    Trying to be myself..

I feel much like what Sal said.

I don't dress, just to dress, but to try to show how I feel, that is plain to other people.

Would I take a pill, to destroy the person I am and all my feelings?
    NO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No pill for me either! I truly enjoy this crossdressing thingy!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerise View Post
    a few years ago i too would agree with vaerise but not now

Quote Originally Posted by AmberTG View Post
    If you would have asked me that 5 years ago, I would have said
    "absolutely!" I still had some serious issues with who I am. At this point in my life, I've come to accept myself for the way I am and the way I want to be. The pill would simplify my life a lot, but it would also rob me of an essential part of me. A part that I really don't want to lose at this point in my life.
    i am with amber on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerise View Post
    True.. I just think if there is a pill that can completely rewire me, at the cost of becoming another person, I think it is a small sacrifice. At least I won't have to go through the ordeal of losing my friends and family.

I guess I'm the odd one out.
    Vaerise
    i too had to deal with rejection from family /friends ... back then i would take it in a heartbeat..
    but now all the damage is done i can't go back or undo any of it .. i am what i am .

So Take the blue pill and you are a guy never again to feel the need to dress up as a woman ....OR . Stay the way you are and deal with a difficult realty that many people just don't get ..... no pill for me thanks

No pill for me. i like my feminine side as well as my masculine side. (Hence no perminant change for me.) But maybe the rest of the world should get a pill... Something that allows me to wear what i want without necessarily having to pass as a woman. When i want to pass, i will. But i shouldn't have to pass just to be able to wear a skirt or dress out and about.
    So no pill for me, it would be cutting out a part of me i'm very happy with. i'm a guy that's more girly than many women i know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]susie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Ms Judy's pet [/size]

[SIZE="1"]One of these days, i'll decide it's reasonably safe to put my face up here.
    (Then i have to decide it won't break computer monitors! eek )
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Ms_Judys_pet@comcast.net[/SIZE]

If that perverbial pill would erase the whole lifetime of feelings that have come with this lifestyle, I would not hesitate to take it. But, if it did not, then I would not take it. I am to the point now where I totally enjoy all aspects of being a cross dresser.

I hate drugs... one way too many of them right now.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yea Stacie is not my real
    Now that I am going through transition and I see my marriage coming to a end and some of my family is very upset and not saying to much to me at this time. Ya I would give the pill a try before I had to come out to the ones I love.... Having gender dysphoria makes you feel like you are always mourning the death of a person. Plus the symptons you have are physical pain, agitation and depression. Lets not even think about the 20% suicide rate for people who have gender dysphoria and don't transition. I think a pill would be nice....
    Last edited by stacie; 10-16-2007 at 07:02 AM.

To take the pill would be the end of some heart ache

But to take it would mean the loss of a girl forever - and all the fun and thrill of being a girl would be lost forever

Wouldn't life be a little boring without that side of us ?

Warning Label

Make sure the bottle is marked "Must not be touched by the happily transgendered"

I want the other Magic Pill that instantly changes the body to match the mind, not vice versa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wouldn't touch the pill with a ten foot pole. I like who I am right now and I feel that such a pill would take away a big part of me. Even if I was having problems with 'others' due to my CD'ing, which thankfully isn't the case, I still wouldn't take the pill.

Hehe I can't help but post this pic..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Weeeeeeee