Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KrazyKats Bangkok Journal 2007

KrazyKats Bangkok Journal 2007

Hello from Thailand!! As many know, Karen and I are here for SRS surgery on Saturday. I thought I would post in the open forum a journal of our adventures. You all know how I feel about "Sharing and Caring!!''

We are conserving our purchased internet minutes, so , sorry if for 3 weeks I don't answer all your replies ahead, but I will be sure to read them all!! Thanks for being such a wonderful family!!
    Day 1 Travel day+
    Whew!! Here we are, halfway around the world in Bankok, Thailand. I think I can understand why many people don’t like being away from home, it’s the smells. They are so different, continually reminding me that I’m in an entirely different environment. OR is it so different? HMMM, something to ponder.

We left Chicago, Monday 45 minutes late, but landed in Tokoyo 4 min early. This cut our flight time to only 12 hours, a wonderful thing. I’ve flown domestic short flights, never so long. I didn’t realize I could spend that much time with someone in my lap and on my back,lol, the whole time!! They certainly don’t waste any space on those flights!! I couldn’t get comfy to sleep, so read and watched movies. Karen got some short sleep, her cold was still bothering her some, but she was a trouper, keeping her mouth shut when grumpy. I have learned to pick up on those moods better, and when to just stuff it, so to speak.
    When we got to Tokoyo, we had to drag everything back out to go throught the scanners again, even though we barely left our international arrival area. That was a lot of work, after no sleep. My body was having a tough time responding to my brains messages, or, as I like to say, Spaghetti Limbs!! But we managed.
    Purchasing water at the closest airport shop, I ran into a student who was on our flight and seated across the aisle. I started to talk with him, to find out he was going on to Korea, but was going to school at SIU, Carbondale, Flight School, no less. The same flight school I went to about 22 years ago!! What a small world it can be in Japan!!
    This was the toughest time, 2 hours to wait, Karen was so tired and couldn’t think and nowhere to rest comfortably. When we got onto the plane, we had another half hour wait on the tarmac, could’ve been worse. This flight to Bankok was 5.5 hours, and was tough. This is past my normal 4 am bedtime!!By now, I was so tired, but couldn’t get comfy to sleep. I felt like I would pass out until my heavy head fell forward and strained my neck muscles, bringing me back to conciousness with the pain. After a dozen times or so, I wasn’t sleepy anymore and could function again.
    It was Karen’s turn to bring me back to my “happy place” as the confines of my tiny purchased space began to work on my generous nature.
    Finally, we made it!! We’re in Thailand!! Yeah!! We are in the last row of the plane, so we rest until the aisles are clear. When we exit the plane, it’s to stairs directly down onto the tarmac, geez, I’m thinking United Airlines must not have much clout here!! Busses take us to the airport, Wow, it’s big and concrete and lots of guards at the entrance to greet us. Reminds me of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, except they don’t have oozies, thank goodness. We follow the pack past duty free shops in the middle of great halls(thanks for the BVLGARIA perfume spritz, covers the major sweaty stinkies).
    Passport control, oh boy, it’s just like grocery store roulette, are we going to be lucky and pick the fastest moving line?! Bingo, despite appearances, our lane finished 3 ahead of the ones next to us!! What seemed like an eternity, but was only about 20 minutes, and we have our luggage, which had been taking on ride on the baggage carousel and we are heading for exits and the little man standing behind the counter waves us on!! Whew, no more delays!! So happy. The driver sent by Dr. Chetts office is waiting with a sign with Karen Jameson on it, just like in the movies! Wish I had enough energy to dig out the camera, as if I could remember which bag it’s in, HA!!
    Ok, not knowing how long our car ride to the hotel is, I am trying to tell the driver I need to use the toilets before we leave the airport. HMM, should’ve listened to Mae and made some cards, lol. AWW, I spot an airport directory sign in both languages, and point to the toilet sign. Whew, no problem.
    We are treated like royality, doors held open, the hotel clerk knows who we are and has the papers ready for us, a maid takes our luggage and takes us to the room with smiles and urgency. It would be nice to find this kind of service and respect on our last stay in Chicago, lol!!

Karen is over the moon!! She’s so excited. I think it’s catching, as I take a long hot shower, I have trouble sleeping on my twin bed, is it “The Dick Van Dyke Show”?? LOL

I’ll post about todays acivities later, time for a break. We had a great day,however.

Keep the love and the candles burning!! We can feel the love over here!!
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Platinum Member
    YAY!!! Shes here.....*goes back to read*

Good luck.

Thanks for keeping us all up to date! Try to get rest when you can. That jet lag works in both directions.

Our prayers are with both of you that everything goes beautifully smooth.
    Sally

OMG....How exciting!!! I can't wait for the next installment!! So great that they are there!!
    Ever The Opportunist

Platinum Member
    Wonderful first installment to the journey of a lifetime Kat , told you that you would be treated like Royalty didnt i? ...cant wait to hear more...love to you both

Yay! Safe and sound; time to be tourists for a day? Maybe too excited...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Kat hope you got some rest..wow long trip ... thinking of you two ..... in my thoughts........

Terri is my sweetie! BrendaB GG's Avatar
    Hey Kat, good luck on this journey. We are not too far behind you I guess, but I'm kind of hoping to go no further than Montreal. Looking forward to the rest of the travelogue!
    Brenda

Smile

[SIZE="3"]Hi honey, I'm so pleased that you both have arrived in Bangkok and everything's ok. Make sure you both get some rest. Conserve what minutes you have and post when you can.

Don't forget what I said to you both before you left.

Love you both loads

loads of and cuddles

Siobhán x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

I'm so glad that things are off to such a good start for you and Karen, Kat.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Good luck, Kat; I've been overseas myself and it was always more fun to go where there were fewer "tourist" traps. However....those gem markets....oh drool!
    Heck, y'all hang in there and have a good time, and a swift recuperation for Karen!
    that I am !!!

So happy to read this...it makes me feel I really are with you both...I am in spirit....
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Thanks Kat. I knew it was about time but hadnt seen anything posted yet. Well now I know and will watch for your updates.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Hi Hi Hi to my two favorite blonds. Ok so you don't so much like a blond these days but you know what I mean.

Been thinking of you two nearly non stop since ..... well since late last week when the time really started getting close. So glad you guys got there all safe and sound.

Hope the jet lag lets up soon babe. Were you able to take any tea or essential oils? Probably not. Maybe you'll get lucky and find someone to translate or hit the shops and find something to help you relax a bit.

Sending lots of love and positive thoughts your direction. Prayers are just a given.

Love ya,
    Mae

Attachment 55865
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 07-12-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Aspiring Member Missy Anne's GG's Avatar
    Thanks for the wonderful update, Kat.

Thinking of you two, and praying for success...

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

Hi Kat, I was on an international flight just once. I got airsick over Chicago and then again over Toronto. And I didn't sleep the whole time. Thanks for all the neat info. I send my hopes and prayers to you both. Much Love and hugs,Samantha

girl next door
    Hiya Kat!! Thanx for the update, it's great to hear from you. You two will be in our thoughts and prayers.xoxo Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

thank you for the update , you know you both are in my prayers

Been wondering; glad to hear from you!
    hugs,
    'lissa

Hi Kat, thank you for the update. I'm happy to hear that the flights went reasonably smooth and you made it to the hotel. The both of you get some rest. Your journey is now in high gear, God bless.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow! Congrats. Chin up, best of luck!
    Pet peeve: not be able to put on my girl clothes!

Glad you two made it safely. Hope you do get some rest.

Thanks for taking to time to post Kat. Look after yourselves.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for keeping us up to date Kat, thinking of you both take care
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

All the love and good vibes to you both Kat and Karen, a bunch of to you both

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller