Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KrazyKats Bangkok Journal 2007

Glad to hear you both are doing good Will be looking forward to your next update now you both take care, get some rest
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Platinum Member
    Hoping you read this soon Kat, ive just had a thought....if you havent done so already have a look round or ask someone who is english speaking if there is somewhere you can buy a simple phrase book, it may just help aid the trip

GypsyKaren
    Mind if I crash Kat's thread? We are well and getting caught up on our rest. I saw the Dr. Wednesday,all is well, and I'm set for 2PM Saturday here, which is 3AM on the East Coast, though he's going to try and move it up. We bought a cell phone and I already bugged Sharon, I'm going to start making crank calls soon. I'm so excited, I can't even think straight, Kat is awesome, and we both thank you for all of the love and support, we carry it in our hearts at all times.

Karen Starlene

We are all stardust MoonBaby GG's Avatar
    I'm glad you two arrived safely and hopefully you're getting some rest and relaxation.

I am the life partner of Nicole Meadows who is sweet as an apple on Christmas day.

"There are only four questions of value in life. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made of? What is worth living for? What is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."
    ~ Don Juan DeMarco

I must be dreaming
    I am so happy for you both to share in this incredible adventure! I am on the edge of my seat to hear what happens next. All the best to you both.
    A work in progress

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren View Post
    Mind if I crash Kat's thread? We are well and getting caught up on our rest. I saw the Dr. Wednesday,all is well, and I'm set for 2PM Saturday here, which is 3AM on the East Coast, though he's going to try and move it up. We bought a cell phone and I already bugged Sharon, I'm going to start making crank calls soon. I'm so excited, I can't even think straight, Kat is awesome, and we both thank you for all of the love and support, we carry it in our hearts at all times.

Karen Starlene.

[SIZE="3"]honey, I don't think she'd mind at all. it's lovely to hear from you. if you want to make crank calls, you can bug me anytime. as for the love and support, you're both so more than welcome, you both are loved more than you both realise.

Siobhán x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Hi Kat, thank you for the update and best of luck to you, Karen.

Karen Sue

Hi Hi Hi Karen.

Kat hope that nasty cold turned tail and ran because of your "refuse to be sick right now" attitude.

We're all right here Sis. And we're gonna be here holding your hand while you are waiting for Karen. And Ms Karen you know you're in our hearts too babe.

Attachment 55912
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 07-12-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Day 3-Wed, Oct 24,2007

We were so tired last night from traveling, but after some unpacking and shower(aww that felt so good), we both only slept for 4 hours. Full of energy, excitement or something!!
    We went to 7-11 for internet card and supplies. Hmm, dried seaweed wafers and peeled roasted chestnuts, interesting combo for breakfast, LOL!! Of course we bought the wrong card and didn’t find out until we got back to the hotel. So, we walked the 2 blocks, very steamy, about 8:30 now, street is very busy. There doesn’t seem to be any speed limit signs, some drive very fast!!
    We stopped in front of hotel to look at the shrine, the cats are drinking the milk out of the glass the leave for the golden statue along with incense burning. The cats are everywhere, and aren’t afraid of anything.
    Doc’s driver picks us up at 9:30 for 15 min drive to Dr. Chett’s office. It is very small and serene with large jug water fountains in front.
    We fill out the paperwork, I have to sign a paper that I’m giving permission, or I’m aware of the surgery or something since I’m the spouse. Wow, I feel so important. Doc examines Karen, take pictures and explains the procedure clearly while drawing diagrams on his notepad. We are given all the final instructions orally and in written paper form. That’s it, the driver takes us back to the hotel. Whew, Karen is up over the moon!!

We get back to the hotel and nap and lunch. I talk Karen into going for a Thai massage. There is a wellness center right on the hotel’s property. So, we go to the center. Everyone’s sandals are at the door, so we leave ours too. We are greeted instantly(everywhere this happens, it wonderful!), given some warm, honey sweetened tea. They lead us back outside, give us cloth slippers, and lead us down a cinder block trail between the bungalows that are part of the property. We go inside and are given plastic wrapped oriental type cotton or bamboo, not sure, traditional shirt and like Capri pants to put on in our little massage cubicles, with curtains drawn. There is only a 3 inch thick mattress in each cubicle. After we change, Karen and I are still talking to each other, loudly, of course. WE are motioned to the end of the cubicle and each girl has a basin of water, and using liquid soap, begins to wash our feet. We are still talking. Then I begin to notice that there are other cubicles, and the curtains are closed, and slight
    movement can be heard. Oops, we are disturbing everyone’s relaxing massage, lol. Karen is still talking, we’re all excited, of course, and I gave her the finger to the lips and the SSShhhh!! Ok, for an hour, we are kneaded like bread dough. Wow, what a wonderful feeling, I’ve never felt so good. It got the kink out of my lower left hip 2 trips to the Chiropracter last week couldn’t do, lol!! At one point, I start to uncontrollably laugh, and cry, like my hormones were affected or something!! Whew!! I could do this everyday!!
    So, we get dressed, go back to the office to pay. I know I had set aside 4 100 bahts and a 500 baht, because the price was 450 bahts for each. So, I give the girl 900 bahts(around $30 US dollars) and she gives me one back, telling me I gave her too much. I was like, are you sure, so she gives me 2 50 baht bills back and motions to our massage girls behind us, like we can tip them. Aww, pretty slick way to tell “bloody tourists” they are to tip for a massage, don’t you think!!
    We just relax the rest of the day, take a walk, order room service.
    karenthaisigning.jpg

karenfountainthai.jpg

thaikatfountain.jpg

kkthaistream.jpg
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

That massage sounds so good Kat , I can just imagine the two of you chatting away while everyone else is quiet but hey why not.

You're both in our thoughts
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Well that massage sounds wonderful

Its even better when they fix something without trying

The place looks delightful and sunny as well
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

7-11? Same as here? Those pesky global corporations...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow Kat, sounds like things have changed a little since I was in SE Asia, but not too much. Thanks for the update. I'll be looking for your further adventures.

Hey glad they could fix what needed fixing with the massage Kat. I've heard that as they loosen those knots caused by stress that the emotions are released as well. Maybe this has a bit of truth to it and that's what happened when you got your massage...all those emotions were released. No wonder you felt so wonderful afterwards.

I'm glad you put up some pix. It's wonderful to see your smiling faces. We all miss you guys bunches. And I can see you two chatting away waiting for your massages....especially Karen, the little chatter box.
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 10-27-2007 at 09:04 AM. Reason: cannot spell worth spit...groan

yeah, 7-11, can you believe it? they have quite a different selection of foods, however, lol!

Mae, you would've loved it!! ok, I'm gonna work on day 4, I'm still waiting on my little Angel()to get out of surgery, about another hour or so.

Platinum Member
    wow thanks Kat for the updates and not just the surgery as the whole story and the full experience the way you tell it..........you two are in my thoughts.........

Ok, getting caught up waiting for Karen to get out of surgery, so here's :

Day 4 Thursday, Oct 25, 2007

You would think after all that relaxing from a massage, and all the sleep we’ve missed, well, I think I can understand a little more about jet lag, LOL. We slept last night from 6PM to midnight. We both woke up, and wide awake all night, lol. I napped a little in the morning.
    So, today’s mission is to go to this huge mall called Seacon, and get a Thai cell phone. Karen wants to hear live voices, lol. Not the usual ones in her sweet little head, but real ones, Ok?!
    Anyway, this Mall is not so far, we take a cab, it’s about 100 baht($3.30US) and we didn’t have any change, so we tipped the cabby a 100 baht. Must get change today, geez!! Don’t want the locals to think we are loaded or anything, lol. Ok, so, Karen didn’t get so much sleep after midnight, I think none. She’s already a little crabby, jet lag and all. Maybe a wee bit of stress, too, ya think? We find the section of the mall that is all mobile phones. This mall groups like stores together so you can comparison shop, how cool!! They wouldn’t do that in the US, they count on you walking from one end of a mall to the other and being too tired to walk back, so you spend more money, lol. So, as we are walking through the mall, we notice that usually guys are together and women are together. I’ve noticed women will talk to me and men won’t. I guess it’s some kind of custom. The funny thing is, this mall has big ads for clothing and things with very American looking people , especially for the teens clothing. Yet, when all the teens come to the mall later in the day, they all look alike, and the kids are all wearing uniforms, no individuality.I couldn’t believe how women would stare at us , I mean keep staring when I would turn around and stare back and smile. Kind of funny, really. I’m not sure what was going through their heads, but it was rather rude.
    Anyway, booth after booth of mobile phone dealers. Which to pick from? So, we go to the one young lady who totally looks out of place, tall, thick, kind of stocky. She looks a little out of place next to the rest around here. She doesn’t speak much English, but directs us to the larger carrier store, Dtac. The sales reps have the cutest hippest uniforms, but all in black, with teal blue top-stitching and white shirts, rather new wave military. They hook us up with a rep who handles English clients. She doesn’t speak very well, and it’s hard to understand her. I have to use my “Kat” ears, meaning cup my hand behind my ear to listen to her. After a couple of times I can understand what she’s saying. Karen is pretty lost, lol. Until we started figuring everything out, then she’s getting it!! We get a decent phone for $40 with prepaid cards. So we go for a coffee, looking at the phone, and Karen asks, how do we check our minutes? I couldn’t remember, dang it, lol!!
    So, back to the phone store. We are inside the door for like 2 minutes and our same sales clerk is right there in front of us to helpus. Wow, the service around here is like unreal. These people take it as a personal pride. There is a lot of bowing with your hands in steeple fashion, not sure what that’s about, but it makes them happy, happy. That’s what our maid always says, lol.
    Anyway, the number we were given, and regiven, turns up Thai language only. So, our rep goes and finds out the right number, and we are all hooked up.
    We wander for awhile, Karen is getting tired, until, what is that on the horizon??
    Could it be, yes, oh yes!! It’s a “Hello Kitty” tricket store, like with all kinds of cutesy teens type stuff. Karen was in Heaven, for sure!! We got a lot of stuff, and stuff for presents, a cool big purse(I’ll have to photograph later), stuffed kitty, of course, watches, etc all for $40. US. Can you believe it!!!

Ok, we were going to get some supplies, but too tired, tough time finding our way out of the Mall Maze!! We go down the line of waiting taxi’s, and of course , the next one in line is the oldest, bet up one with a total rooky driver, lol. It gagged me all the way home, I think it was burning oil and blowing it inside, lol.
    Anyway, Karen is on a clear liquid diet only tomorrow, so we head to the 7-11 for some supplies. Chicken broth, yogurt for tonight(no meat for last 2 days) and bottled water. You can’t drink the tap water here, it even has a sign in our bathroom over the sink, lol.
    Tonight Karen took the Doc’s laxative, and I guess I don’t have to tell you how the rest of the night went!!
    Poor little DEAR!!
    I did get to try out my new swimsuit. Did some laps and stretching in the pool, that felt really good!!

It's a different culture for sure Kat. I loved being among the people though when I was in Nam. I loved the simplicity of the lifestyle but the people mostly.

Platinum Member
    yay! it WAS secon mall you went to, i soooo wanna go!!! thanks for keeping us to speed kat

Thank you for the update i hope Karen is fine.. and you are also well

Tonight Karen took the Doc’s laxative, and I guess I don’t have to tell you how the rest of the night went!!
    Poor little DEAR!!
    i remember what that was like faster than a Japanese bullet train .. but not for srs .. tell Karen i am having sympathy pains over here ... but don't make her laugh ...
    hugs mj

Can you bring me back some morphine?

I'll let Kat give all the details, but Karen is out of surgery and back in her room. As a matter of fact, we even managed to chat for a couple minutes, even though she thinks she's in Wonderland at the moment. Meanwhile, Kat herself sounded great and very relieved that the waiting is over.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I'll let Kat give all the details, but Karen is out of surgery and back in her room. As a matter of fact, we even managed to chat for a couple minutes, even though she thinks she's in Wonderland at the moment. Meanwhile, Kat herself sounded great and very relieved that the waiting is over.
    YAY!!! congratulation Karen and Kat

Attachment 55980
    But we knew that anyway lol

Heres to a speedy recovery and a great new life ahead
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 10-27-2007 at 11:23 AM.

<<<Breaking open the champagne>>> I am SO happy to hear that...whew, what a relief....Kat, when you read this, you give Karen our love....we are ALL so happy for both of you... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Love, **Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

Congratulations to both of you and I'm happy to hear that all went smoothly. I love Kieron's post by the way. I hope Kat gets back on her feet quickly. Keep us updated. These are really great posts and will make quite a journal of this journey. I love that you both are doing this.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]