Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scariest Experience While Dressed

Scariest Experience While Dressed

The thread about going out the first time got me thinking about my most terrifying experience when out dressed. It was only my second or third time out.
    I stepped out at about 10 pm, again just to be out dressed. I walked out of my apartment to the local supermarket about 2 blocks away. I was still quite nervous as I was very inexperienced. I didn’t buy anything in the supermarket as my goal was to be out, and I really didn’t need anything. After walking up and down the aisles for a few minutes, I started to walk home.

While walking home, I became aware of the fact that there was someone walking behind me. I couldn’t tell who it was, and all of a sudden I started to get very nervous. For the first time in my life, I started to become afraid. My mind started racing with all sorts of thoughts of being assaulted or worse. I immediately felt vulnerable. I got to my front door, and still couldn’t quite see who was coming up behind me. All of a sudden I heard a loud stomping noise while fumbling with the key, and I immediately jumped and did a 180 degree turn in the air to see what was up. It turned out to just be a young woman who must have just stomped a bug or something. She was about was 30 feet behind me and just continued walking down the street. The whole incident lasted only a couple of minutes though it did seem like eternity. While fumbling with the key, my mind was definitely racing with thoughts that someone was getting ready to grab me from behind. After I got inside, I had to pour myself a stiff drink to calm down.

That experience was a huge eye opener for me. As a guy, I have never felt frightened or scared (and still don’t). I’ve always been quite confident in my ability to look after myself. However, being out as a woman I felt completely vulnerable and exposed. Would I be able to fend off an attacker or run in my heels? It was a shocking realization of what many women must feel at times. Though I am confident and comfortable going out as a woman now, I find myself much more aware of things when dressed. As a woman, I pay much closer attention to where I park my car, where I go, who is around, etc. Dressing as a woman in public has given me a perspective that I don’t think could ever have gotten without the direct experience.

So girls, do any of you have any scary experiences that you wish to share?

Monika,

I don't have anything that could compare to the feelings you must have felt that evening. However, I was out with my Wife for the very first time about a month ago, she was driving and I was just enjoying the ride totally enfemme. Out in the pure daylight passing cars one after the other (she drives too fast). All of a sudden we round a turn and there are approximately 5 cars stopped in the road. People out of their cars and taking pictures of and literally running toward a group of bull elk. Two of which were sparring in the middle of the road and a number standing on the side. One elk was completely confused nearly to the point of panic, crossing back and forth in the road ( i think because of all the traffic stopped). As we approached slowly my mind was racing.......ohh crap! That's all we need is to have one of these big animals turn toward our car and charge the grille or jump on it!

I was having fun being out, though, my confidence for interacting with the public was not at a comfortable level yet! So the fear and panic started setting in. I was telling my Wife "don't stop.....keep moving.....wait!.......go.....go now!" We skirted by (no pun intended) just as the poor scared animal cleared the edge of the roadway one more time. Suddenly I became aware that I needed to breathe. Then all was good from there on.

Dawn

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Monica,
    You had every right to be somewhat scared. You were portraying a vulnerable woman (and a good looking one too!) and how could you know who was behind you?

Dawn, I don't suppose you got any pictures? Bull Elks fighting? Males can be crazy, can't we?

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

Very Part Time Girl Melissa Anne's Avatar

My Scariest Experience

I don't go out much and when I do it's usually to a park or some other place where there are not crowds and I can keep my distance somewhat from people. One of my favorite places to go was the campus of the university that I graduated from. On weekends there were usually very few people around and I could walk around the campus, and even walk into buildings to use the restroom if needed, without encountering too many other people. One Saturday evening I was walking around campus, probably overdressed (dark skirt suit, black hose, black pumps), but enjoying my time out. I sat down on a bench to rest my feet and out of the corner of my eye I saw three hispanic men approaching me. My heart immediately began to race as I thought they had read me and were comming to beat the crap out of me. I probably could have handled one of them, but taking on all three the way I was dressed would have been difficult. I began saying to myself "please walk past, please walk past" hoping the men would walk by and pay me no attention. It didn't work. The men came up to me and I thought "oh no, now what?" It turned out that they were movers/delivery men and were trying to deliver something to a building on campus and were lost. They asked me for directions. In the best femme voice I could muster, I gave them brief directions and they thanked me and left. They must have bought the voice and my appearance because not once did any three of them indicate that they had read me. Needless to say, I had to hit my chest to get my heart started again and I had to visit the ladies room to check my panties!
    Melissa Anne, PPTG
    (Professional Part Time Girl)

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Two for me. Late night its 2 am i'm coming off the Bay bridge. This car is side by side by me. I didn't think much of it. Being thats its light night i'm driving a bit faster than normal . I look at the speedo and i've hit 100. I'm like whoa slow down. I put it on cruise control and set it to 70. Now all of this time they guy was matching my speed. He does this for the next 34 miles. I'm staring to get nervous. I speed up he speeds up. Now I have not cut him off , given him the finger or any thing. 10 mile from home I call the cops and take the back way home. Only locals would take this route. 1 mile from the police station he straddles the lane and then slams on his brakes.

Second one was me coming out of a bar and this guy opens up my car door. I told him closed the door and leave or i'm going to drag him across a few lanes of traffic.

Sissy,

Nope, sorry, no pics, no camera at the time. Just vivid memories! I used to hunt and Iv'e seen them do this before, just never this close. They were literally only a few feet from our door, antlers locked together and kicking up the turf as we passed by!

Dawn

as a GG I was raped by a young man I knew...

when I was seventeen. Being a female is dangerous. Be CAREFUL!

Louise.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Hi Monika

Quote Originally Posted by MonikaW View Post
    The thread about going out the first time got me thinking about my most terrifying experience when out dressed. It was only my second or third time out.
    I stepped out at about 10 pm, again just to be out dressed. I walked out of my apartment to the local supermarket about 2 blocks away. I was still quite nervous as I was very inexperienced. I didn’t buy anything in the supermarket as my goal was to be out, and I really didn’t need anything. After walking up and down the aisles for a few minutes, I started to walk home.

While walking home, I became aware of the fact that there was someone walking behind me. I couldn’t tell who it was, and all of a sudden I started to get very nervous. For the first time in my life, I started to become afraid. My mind started racing with all sorts of thoughts of being assaulted or worse. I immediately felt vulnerable. I got to my front door, and still couldn’t quite see who was coming up behind me. All of a sudden I heard a loud stomping noise while fumbling with the key, and I immediately jumped and did a 180 degree turn in the air to see what was up. It turned out to just be a young woman who must have just stomped a bug or something. She was about was 30 feet behind me and just continued walking down the street. The whole incident lasted only a couple of minutes though it did seem like eternity. While fumbling with the key, my mind was definitely racing with thoughts that someone was getting ready to grab me from behind. After I got inside, I had to pour myself a stiff drink to calm down.

That experience was a huge eye opener for me. As a guy, I have never felt frightened or scared (and still don’t). I’ve always been quite confident in my ability to look after myself. However, being out as a woman I felt completely vulnerable and exposed. Would I be able to fend off an attacker or run in my heels? It was a shocking realization of what many women must feel at times. Though I am confident and comfortable going out as a woman now, I find myself much more aware of things when dressed. As a woman, I pay much closer attention to where I park my car, where I go, who is around, etc. Dressing as a woman in public has given me a perspective that I don’t think could ever have gotten without the direct experience.

I am having one right now. I did not see your thread and I posted one just like it. Forgive me. I am trying to delete mine.
    Well at leaste we are thinking alike
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

I had one just a week ago

Just a week ago, I was in Houston. I went to Katz's Deli for dinner. After dinner (about 8 PM) I went out to my car. It was dark & rainy. As I got in the car, a skinny man said "excuse me ma'am". It scared me. I didn't see him when I was going to my car. I turned toward him. He then started telling me he had aids and needed money for a room at a certain place for people with aids for the night. I calmly listened and then told him (bravely I think) that I do not give out cash (he only wanted $8), but that I would gladly go to his "hotel" and pay the clerk for his room. Well he didn't want to do that and I stood my ground. Finally, he just walked off. I don't think he wanted the money for a room.

It was a little scary, but now this thread has me thinking. It could have been worse.

FYI - I have given money to beggers in the past and I learned that they only keep begging for MONEY. I feel that if they are truley in need of money for a hotel or food or gas that they will accept me going with them to pay for what they are asking for.

Several months ago I was in Baltimore (in drab) and a man & lady asked for money for food. I told them I would buy them food & they accepted. I bought the food for them & they went on their way. Good deed done.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by MonikaW View Post

Mine is not too different and I was starting a thread until I read yours. I have asked the Mods to delete mine.

Here is what I posted.

What Was The Best And The Worst Experience You Ever Had While Out En Femme ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was out en femme on the upper west side of Manhattan and new that I had passed, because of some of the passing compliments from some on the street, nothing outrageous. I was just thrilled that they could not tell I was a CD.

The worst thing that happened was that I noticed I was being followed by a man. Block after block I would glance back and there he was. I knew I was being followed because we had passed each other going in the opposite direction and then I noticed him walking behind me. Oh gee, it was unsettling, this went on for a few blocks and then I then turned a corner and walked at a faster pace looked back and he was gone.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

to quote Cold Play.

Mods - please delete this, once read?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Rita View Post
    Mine is not too different and I was starting a thread until I read yours. I have asked the Mods to delete mine.

Here is what I posted.

What Was The Best And The Worst Experience You Ever Had While Out En Femme ?
    Couldn't both threads simply be merged?
    Last edited by Nicki B; 10-26-2007 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Aargh! Keep using the wrong smilie codes..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Almost choking while dressed when I coughed while eating and a piece of food lodged in my throat.

This happened some 25+ years ago (yes, I've been going out a lot of years). A CD friend and I went dressed femme to a club located in downtown Atlanta that had drag shows and disco dancing. We had a pretty nice time until a couple of guys wanted to buy us drinks. We politely declined their offer. We decided to leave shortly after that. As we left the club, we noticed these same two guys also left and were following us to the parking lot. We picked up the pace, jumped in my car, and got moving as quickly as possible. Those two got in their car almost as quick and were following us. After about 10 minutes of fast driving, quick turns, and going down a street with headlights off, I managed to lose them.
    Phoebe

Mine is not as scary as some. One night I was out driving around. It was after 2 a.m. I was on the freeway and my car suddenly died. I coasted off of the freeway and stopped on the frontage road. While this was not the worst neighborhood to be stranded in, it wasn't the best either and I was 4 or 5 miles from home. I did not relish the idea of being somewhat overdressed and having to walk back home in 3" heels. I opened the hood and looked for obvious problems. I wiggled and pulled on everything I could find to see if I could find something loose. Nada. Got back in the car, tried the starter and it ran. Drove home and counted my blessings. The car never did it again. ?????
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

The scariest experiences I've had while out and about dressed were getting my car towed at the Smithsonian and (all time scariest) getting my car stuck and high centered on a high curb because I was being stupid.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Carin's Wife GG View Post
    when I was seventeen. Being a female is dangerous. Be CAREFUL!

Louise.
    Wow - suddenly I feel shallow for thinking the moments I described rated as "scary". Sometimes we need to have things put into perspective like this.
    Louise, I am so sorry that you were hurt.
    I'm sorry that there are people out there that are low enough to do something like this.
    I'm also so sorry that your story is not rare. That something like this happens so often is a hell of a statement about our species.

thank you Kimberly...

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Wow - suddenly I feel shallow for thinking the moments I described rated as "scary". Sometimes we need to have things put into perspective like this.
    Louise, I am so sorry that you were hurt.
    I'm sorry that there are people out there that are low enough to do something like this.
    I'm also so sorry that your story is not rare. That something like this happens so often is a hell of a statement about our species.
    I have shared this with both my sons and daughters so that they can be more enlightened.

Louise.

I've never had a bad experience when I've been dressed. Just in case I usually carry pepper spray.

It is best to take the same precautions that are recommended for women.
    Know your surroundings.
    If possible do not go out alone.
    Carry a whistle or some other noisemaker.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I once went for a drive and a walkabout in a nearby town where I am not known, I got back to the car in the town centre car park and found that the alternator had packed up and the battery was totally dead.

I sat for ages wondering how to get out of this one, before I plucked up courage to ask the parking attendant to give me a push start.

He was probably about 60 odd years old and helped me push the car down the car park, I leapt in with my 3" heels on, and thankfully it bump started.
    I dont know if the guy read me or not, but he was so kind to me.

I drove the five mile journey in the evening rush hour back home, with the engine revving like crazy so I did not risk stalling it again, got into the house and reverted back to drab mode before calling out the local garage to fit a new alternator.

No one was any the wiser, but it is an event that remains imprinted in my memory forever.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Gosh, girls! You read one story and think, "how horrible." Then, just a few lines away is something so much more horrible by comparrison that there is, indeed, NO comparrison!!! I guess it boils down to our individual experiences -- and what may have been horrible to any one of us at a certain point in time -- holding up to real life experiences of others. It makes you realize, "hey, I should put this story of mine AWAY -- deep, deeply away for another day and another topic, b/c "it ain't beans" when standing next to . . . "
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

as a GG I was raped by a young man I knew... when I was seventeen. Being a female is dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    Gosh, girls! You read one story and think, "how horrible." Then, just a few lines away is something so much more horrible by comparrison that there is, indeed, NO comparrison!!!
    Indeed - everything else pales, by comparison?

'Scary' is such a relative term? If you keep pushing the boundaries, just a little bit each time, you can build quite a bit of armour against fear?

I can recall being stopped by the police while driving, six times now (once in Nevada, because I didn't move away at a green light fast enough) - each time has never been a problem at all, they've always been perfect gentlemen (& women)?

Although one time, when we were pulled over on the embankment in London, the T-girl in the front seat panicked so badly she tried to climb into the glove compartment...
    Last edited by Nicki B; 10-26-2007 at 09:29 AM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Although one time, when we were pulled over on the embankment in London, the T-girl in the front seat panicked so badly she tried to climb into the glove compartment...
    lol....hmmm wonder who that was then

My scariest one was when I started going to the club about four years ago. A gay guy was hassling me at the bar and later when I left was kind of stalking me when I went to the parking lot to leave. I got tired of it and used some of Rich's muscle to put him up against the car and ask him what the problem was. He turned out to kind of a wimp after all and left. Other folks seeing what happened asked if I was okay and I said sure. It seemed I had a lot more respect from people at the club after that and they knew I wasn't afraid to fend for myself if necessary. I was a little worried that he might bring back some of his buddies to clean my clock but I have never seen him since. I have to admit I was a bit scared though because I was kind of new to the club scene back then.

Kudos Salandra

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    My scariest one was when I started going to the club about four years ago. A gay guy was hassling me at the bar and later when I left was kind of stalking me when I went to the parking lot to leave. I got tired of it and used some of Rich's muscle to put him up against the car and ask him what the problem was. He turned out to kind of a wimp after all and left. Other folks seeing what happened asked if I was okay and I said sure. It seemed I had a lot more respect from people at the club after that and they knew I wasn't afraid to fend for myself if necessary. I was a little worried that he might bring back some of his buddies to clean my clock but I have never seen him since. I have to admit I was a bit scared though because I was kind of new to the club scene back then.

I salute you. I loved hearing what you did. Makes me think of my 4" heels in a different way, weapons of course.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

to quote Cold Play.

as a GG I was raped by a young man I knew... when I was seventeen. Being a female is dangerous. Be CAREFUL!

Louise.
    Louise, I'm so very sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how awful that must be. The possibility of being raped was one of the thoughts that was racing through my mind. Fortunately, nothing happened to me. I wish nothing like that had ever happened to you.