Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife wants to out me

My wife wants to out me

She finally called me transgenered tonight , and didn't want to see me dressed. says it discust her. all I wanted is for her opinion on my new skirt and heels but she wanted no parts Then all of a sudden she wanted to take pics of me. I think she wants to show her family and friends what she has to deal with.. It's funny I'm not even scared . It gets to a point when you get tired of the threats . just do it why don't you. I told her I felt this way all my life, she was shocked we don't comunicate much . so if she tells people how should I respond??

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I would suggest that you and your wife talk to a Gender Therapist, and soon. If she does "Out" you, it will probably be the end of your marriage. You may also lose friends.

How long has she known about your dressing, and has she ever said anything like those comments before? Have you ever had a frank discussion with her about your desires, and how they will, or will not, affect her. Don't forget, she is your wife and should come before anything else in your life. That includes crossdressing. If you can't accept that, then both of you have a very large problem.

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes

What you do probably depends on who is told. Honesty is always an option, if push comes to shove. I certainly would avoid getting photographed en femme if you want to keep your options a little broader. And perhaps not pushing this over a spouse's tolerance levels seems to be conducive to greater harmony. I suppose our behavior in this regard, for those of us with relatively unaccepting spouses, will always be a measure of how much we want to maintain our marriage. That may be your principal choice. Joni

Hi Denise !

I understand how you feel. Wives can be malicious over things we see as trivial. If she does take pictures, she might want to save them in case she seeks divorce. As far as showing others, she might be too embarrassed to do so, or to seek sympathy. If others do find out, I think you should acknowledge it, but not go public, yourself. You've accepted the way you are. You need not apologize for it. If others have a problem with it, IT's THEIR PROBLEM. If they're friends, true friends stay, fake friends leave. Good Luck!

Naomi
    At one time in my life, I wanted a brain transplant, but then I changed my mind!

If being outed does not scare you she can't hurt you. I admire your attitude. I hope things work out for the two of you.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

We just had a big thread/discussion about whether or not women are superior? Taking pictures to shame/frighten/out you, tsk-tsk! This is an example that kind of proves what I said: "Some people can be superior in some areas, but it has nothing to do with your gender."

If anyone does something like this for the purpose of harming another, that is contemptible. Doesn't matter whether it's a man or a woman, it's mean and petty, and it accomplishes nothing! If her intentions are not honorable, (And, I can't imagine how this could be for your benefit,) she ultimately does real harm to herself.

Better make sure she doesn't post them on The Internet, that would be the ultimate Dirty Trick!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Sounds like you have a lot to think about Denise. I once felt like you do. It's best to really talk about things with her if possible. I missed the boat on that one. As a result, we went two separate ways and neither one of us is happy. The sad part is that we both still love each other but CDing drove a wedge between us. When you get to be my age, it's tough being alone, very tough indeed and at the end of the day all you have is a bunch of clothes that cannot share feelings with you.. You are the one who knows your own feelings though and only the two of you can determine just how valuable your relationship is.

I can't understand why someone would do something so mean. They may not have to like you cross-dressing but going to such an extent is really unnecessary. If you get outed, she'll have to face certain the consequences as well, unless she meant to push all the blame to you in a malicious sort of way and make herself look like a victim.

Sorrie to hear that this is happening to you, hopefully your wife comes around.
    Trying to be myself..

I don't think she wants to show the pictures to "people", generally speaking. Most likely she wants to have evidences in case of a divorce, or else, she wants to show them to a specific person (maybe her mother, maybe her bestfriend).

Even if she would show the pictures to other people, you don't need to worry about what to respond, because those people will not ask you anything, they will fake that they know nothing. You will also fake that you are unaware about what they know and that's it.

Try to imagine that you hear that one of your coworker is gay. What would you do ? Question him ? Tell him harsh words ? Yell to him ? Definitely no. It would be embarassing both for you and him. In front of him, you will simply behave as if you don't have any knowledge about that.

Even if you find somebody dumb enough to question you, ask him: "And what's YOUR problem with that ? Am I wearing your clothes ?"

Is there Love?

It seems that I've heard most accepting wives find it embarassing to have others find out about their husbands crossdressing. They accept it but want to keep it a secret. They do not want to deal with a backlash from their friends. Why would she want to expose you unless she has other issues that have not been brought up? How was she toward you before you told her you were a CD? If she wants to do this to you it doesn't sound like she is very loving or understanding. Maybe she is angry about somehing else. I am perplexed. Hope things work out.

Sherilyn

No one EVER has the right to tell unless BOTH decide............since you know how she feels about it....doesn't want to see you dressed you should not have put it in her face so to speak..............you need to try to talk when things calm down and figure out something that you both can live with. Best Wishes
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

[QUOTE=sissystephanie;1057145]I would suggest that you and your wife talk to a Gender Therapist, and soon. If she does "Out" you, it will probably be the end of your marriage. You may also lose friends.

How long has she known about your dressing, and has she ever said anything like those comments before? Have you ever had a frank discussion with her about your desires, and how they will, or will not, affect her. Don't forget, she is your wife and should come before anything else in your life. That includes crossdressing. If you can't accept that, then both of you have a very large problem.

I agree. Conseling is in order asap.

Yea Stacie is not my real
    I would be a little worried, She may want to get a divorce and trust me it is not going to be fun. Since I told my wife I was going to transition and it goes a lot further then just being a crossdresser and I have gender dysphoria. She told me she didn't want to be married to me anymore. So take it slow.
    Last edited by stacie; 10-26-2007 at 07:48 AM.

I hope you and your wife can clear this up without her trying to 'out' you. I can't imagine how much that would suck. Like the other girls say, that's pretty damned low for anybody to want to do to somebody else, even if they're mad. We all say stupid stuff at the spur of the moment though, so maybe she wouldn't really out you? I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get some counseling.
    Weeeeeeee

first she knew about my xdresing for years over 20yrs. She drinks too much and when she does I guess I use my xdressing as revenge. She can be very embarrassing in public, not to mentionvery mean. Now this morning she says she will erace the pics, if she knew about the 60 or so pics I have on this computer or this site now that would be crazy..It is a digital camara , after my wife passed out I could very well erace the pics but I didn't. Yea she said that she didn't think that this marrage would last , and trust me there's more to our discontent than my xdressing. I don't do it everyday but this time of year I tend to dress more .Thanks for the responses I hope all works out!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    first she knew about my xdresing for years over 20yrs. She drinks too much and when she does I guess I use my xdressing as revenge. She can be very embarrassing in public, not to mentionvery mean. Now this morning she says she will erace the pics, if she knew about the 60 or so pics I have on this computer or this site now that would be crazy..It is a digital camara , after my wife passed out I could very well erace the pics but I didn't. Yea she said that she didn't think that this marrage would last , and trust me there's more to our discontent than my xdressing. I don't do it everyday but this time of year I tend to dress more .Thanks for the responses I hope all works out!!
    Sorry .....hope you both can work on thingshope it works out for you too!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    I hope it works out for both of your sakes. I would do the best I could to start covering my bases though. I would start getting rid of pictures and anything else she can use to hurt you with just in case. Gosh it has to be miserable to be in a marriage that you can not trust in it. I hope I never go through this. I don't know how you do it.

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

There are lots of questions, IS THERE LOVE ?? maybe not, but you still can care without loving, She makes it hard to love her with her anger towards life's trials and tribulations. My wife is a very dependent apon help, at times I feel sorry for her and I do for her that a wife does for her man. If things don't go exactally as she plans , I get the brunt of her displeasure. It's not like my wife just found out but she is very depressed and for some reason my dressing makes her sick in the stomach, as she put it. I don't prance around the house everyday in girl mode. Yes I am very unhappy and that stems from her action in our marriage even when dressing isn't present, she has her faults .. I wanted out of this marriage years ago, all my friends tell me why are you torturing yourself but being complacent and a new home that I built keeps me in this marriage. No I don't want a full transition altho in my fantacies it is a dream . I have a {Don't take this the wrong way girls BUT} normal life that doesn't include dressing. All that would be turned up side down if I decided to come out of the closet fully. Yes last week going out as Denise was such a rush and I was ready to go out last night BUT that would have caused major issues. In my wifes mind I look hidious , to me I don't ,my skirt didn't match the top but That's all I could muster up at the time, call the fashion police Some say consuling but my wife is so stubborn and if told she is wrong or try to understand she will just leave and not want any parts of it.. Hey! I am not crying on anyones shoulder and I do appreciate the kind words of advise and support. I told my wife last night . {Do you think I choose this, It is a part of who I am and if it hurts you ,I am sorry} I don't know what the future will bring but it does feel good to talk to someone that understands. If feels so good to just be me in here even just for a while. Here is the pic she took last night, she could of atleast got in my heels they were so cute. I since eraced the pics on the camara
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've never been married but if I wasn't happy and couldn't make my wife happy then it would be time to say bye bye. That would be a very hard thing to do though and obviously we always have hope that things will get better.

Even if you didn't CD, it seems that things wouldn't be all that well between you and your wife.
    Weeeeeeee

Banned Read only
    Don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger! The marriage isn't going to make it! The next time she passes out, delete the photos, and don't ever dress around her again! Start a savings account and prepare for the coming divorce. No offense dear, but that picture you just posted would put everything in her favor, in a divorce court, despite her drinking, which might be hard to prove. Protect yourself!!!
    Dr Phil has left the building.

The friends that you may loose are not real friends in the first place. This is one positive aspect of being outed.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I would suggest that you and your wife talk to a Gender Therapist, and soon. If she does "Out" you, it will probably be the end of your marriage. You may also lose friends.

Sissy/Stephanie

More Girl than man sometimes
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

It's hard to find any hint of a salvageable relationship here, much less a loving a marriage. I agree with Melinda and the others who think it's over. Prepare for your exit financially and emotionally. And don't let the pink fog cloud your judgment about dressing around her - best not to, as your wife could try to embarrass you with it and use it in court to her favor. Sorry, I'm just not reading any love lost in your comments - nothing even about a "once good relationship." Good luck.

Denise your going to have to take a long hard look at your life. I think you should make a few changes. Sorry, but that's the way I feel. In any case this is a great place to talk with people who may share the some of the same problems.
    Their are times that I lean towards those same feelings that you are going through. but with what you have said I feel so damn lucky. Your in a rut and a half. good luck
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Denise,

It is hard for a loved one to understand what you are going through as a CD but some people just do not have the compassion or humanity to understand and usually never will. The way you describe your wife it sounds like she has a lot more issues than just the complaint about your crossdressing. If she outs you, so what. You are who you are. The world is not going to stop revolving. Sure you will face some ridicule from narrow minded people but most people will try to understand unlike your wife. It will all blow over probably quicker than you think. It is a shame to see any marraige breakup but it happens all time and not from problems about crossdressing but other issues. I don't intend to tell you what to ultimately do but you need retain your own sanity. Personally councling might help you two but that is a discision you must make and of course if she values your relationship she will have to consent to it.

Do not fret! Just remember Denise, you are not alone and there is nothing you can't handle.

Sherilyn

I have to agree with everyone here. It would be best to do away with any pictures what so ever. I had gone through a divorce, where my ex had more problems than I can say. If she would have had any pictures she would have diffantly used them in court. For that type of person will never admit they did anything wrong, or have a problem, and they have to show that it is always someone elses problem. I had gone through it for 16 years until my kids were grown and gone, for I had full custudy. Good luck if you are able to work it out. If not do start making plans for yourself.
    Pamela