Thread: 36-24-36, Creating better body proportions

36-24-36, Creating better body proportions

I think we've all heard 36-24-36 meaning a woman with a wonderful figure. Not surprisingly a lot of folks have done research on what an "ideal" female figure is. I think I can safely say that these can provide us with at least some guidance in creating a better/stereotypical appearance

One ratio is a waist to hip ratio of 0.7 to 1.0.

Bust should approximately equal hips.

I can work with these through: 1) diet and exercise for a smaller waist, 2) corset for smaller and shaplier lines, and 3) padding for larger bust and hips (more difficult than I thought it would be).

But one serious studnet of these numbers builds ratios around the one thing we really can't change - Shoulder Width

http://jadephoenix.org/lvtgw/Info_ht...%20HIP%20PADSd bust

My shoulders are about 5 inches wider than my hips and for me, padding out that much always produces un natural loking results. That being said, I see lots of girls with rather narrow hips and a more athletic build who are very attractive, so I guess that has become my more achievable goal.

Thoughts.

Diana

One reason I wear slightly larger clothes than I need to Diana. SPFX and misdirection work wonders when you are a dude trying to present the illusion of being a gal.

Diet and exercise can only go so far, and me - at mostly a size 4 to 6 - I'd need a corset to get that hourglass look. One reason I wear skirt suits is somehow they're cut to give you an hourglass shape even if you don't have one. A corset is next in my collection, - I don't have a shaping one and would love to see the effect on me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Diet and exercise can only go so far, and me - at mostly a size 4 to 6 - I'd need a corset to get that hourglass look. One reason I wear skirt suits is somehow they're cut to give you an hourglass shape even if you don't have one. A corset is next in my collection, - I don't have a shaping one and would love to see the effect on me.
    I suggest about a 9" waist cincher. That should also assist in flattening your ribs and hiding love handles. My ribs stick out badly without a corsett. A full corsett emphysises my flat hips. So, I need to pad them. Not necessary for the waist cincher. The hourglass corsett look will transform some clothes that u might presently find unflattering, to " Wow". At least, they do for me! All the best.
    RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Well, at 5' 4" 145 lbs - I don't have love handles and my body fat is 12 to 14%. Would love an hourglass look in my sexiest and tightest skirt suit - and then I'd look so convincing!

I think the "perfect body proportions" are fantasy. No GG likes her body, even those with bodies that men drool over. My wife hates her (big) boobs, says she wishes she had mine (?????). I wish I had hers!

Patti

According to the clothing industry, the average woman in the UK and USA is:
    Year 1950 Hgt 62" B-37 W-27.5 H- 39
    Year 2004 Hgt 64" B-38 W-34 H- 40.5

Year 1950 woman's Hip to Waist ratio 1>.7
    Year 2004 woman's Hip to Waist ratio 1>.8

Male H-W is 1>.9

Seems like the girls are catching up, giggle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good information, thank you Diana for the link, I will measure my self and see how bad I am and correct as needed, This is one of the reasons why I love this place, always learning new stuff on the subject that I love to do....
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

I think the hourglass figure on a woman is a myth. A few women have it naturally, a lot of women create it using artificial aids. And a lot of women just go with what they've got, and look pretty good to me too.
    I'm a narrow shouldered guy with a big behind (stats 36-32-38) so I can pass without any false bits other than small breast forms, which is lucky because I would hate to be squeezing my waist in for hours with a corset or cincher.
    If you want to aim for the hourglass look, so be it, but look around you and see how many women achieve it, and how they seem to be doing it.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Lots of good points. Like Rosanne Rossannadanna always said - It just goes to show you - If i's not one thing it's another.

Seeing I have a lot of things going AGAINST me (Height, Reliance on make up for fairer face, big hands, guy voice, guy gait, etc. ), I need to have something going FOR me in creating "the illusion" - thus looking for the most girlish proportions.

Fair enough?

Diana