Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
Exactly Kehleyr.....although some of us Identify as straight MEN too, i do!
...I know.

...here, I'll save you the trouble....

Carol!!!

Charllote, you'll find what you refer to as a FTM crossdresser a rare species here and elsewhere on the net. This has been discussed on many other threads as to why, but most people who identify as FTM here and elsewhere I have found to self-identify as either male or genderqueer or genderquestioning. Maybe the best way to look at it is to think of the MTF CDers here who do identify as hetero males who like to crossover as being more in their own special class. And I think that's primarily because of the restrictions, self and otherwise, that men are under currently with the way they feel free to express themselves.

That special MTF CD class is however the predominant make-up of this site, hence the name crossdressers.com

The fact that there is room here for gender variant people is due to the makeup and desires of the people on it, from staff to members. Hopefully that fosters understanding and compassion from everyone involved.

As far as watching sports, etc... I think a lot of gender stereotypes are enforced by society. I disagree that men are from mars and women are from venus. We're far more alike and often just get steered in directions because of our assigned gender. And cultural things dictate a lot. Ace is right. Hockey is a very popular sport among women in Canada. But when I watch UK 'footie' I do notice there are not a lot of women in the stands. I've never been at a game there, but I bet a lot of the reason is because women aren't made to feel welcome or safe for the most part. I notice when I watch games on TV from smaller parks in the UK that there are more women and families.

And now I've taken this way off topic.

What were we discussing again?

Oh yeah.

SEX!

Sex and sports.

Maybe I should just slip quietly away now.

:shifty:

(talk about perpetuating gender stereotypes)