I've been reading the umpteenth thread in the MtF section about whether it's "bad" or incorrect to label crossdressers gay. It's a never-ending discussion there, with people commenting on all sides of the issue, and it made me wonder why it doesn't seem to be much of an issue with us. I'm guessing it might have to do with the difference between most FtMs and MtFs. In other words, it seems a lot of FtMs do not identify as crossdressers - and there may be a larger diversity in our group: bi-gendered, genderqueer, TG, TS, and people born female-bodied who don't quite feel female, but don't attach a label to themselves.

Anyway, my point is that our group here (which I believe is representative of transmasculine people everywhere) doesn't seem to have much of an issue with sexual orientation, other than to occasionally question whether we may be open to switching teams. Why the diff? Why don't we wonder as much about this stuff? Many of us have been incorrectly labeled in our sexual orientation and we have no problem correcting people, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to it as "bad" - just incorrect.

Also, Trey and I had a discussion recently about how fluid gender and sexuality are, and the numerous combinations that can come about because of this. Aren't we limiting ourselves if we apply sexual orientation tags to ourselves also? Isn't there an almost limitless combination between all the different gender roles and forms of attraction? Is this thread too serious - should we just break out the rum?