Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Women arent daft ..

Silver Member
    you are incredibly lucky to be working with such a fine group of ladies--btw did you do the pamperyourself thing with them?
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

It was a long lunch.
    She was there before me and there was a bottle of wine on the table and two glasses and she just said "Hello Mirani, nice to meet you at last"
    We ordered our dinner (I didnt know if I could actually eat!).

She complimented me on my hair and said that it was the biggest giveaway. Although my manicured nails and trimmed eyebrows werent exactly saying nothing

Some of the staff have been with us over 4 years and comments have been made from time to time .. wondering if I was gay (not that it mattered) but that didnt make sense because they knew I had been in hetro relationships and had talked aboput fancying Felicity Kendal when she was in the Good Life (UK TV Show) and Drew Barrymore.

We were served our meal and spent the whole time just talking - work, children, news, shoes .... she didnt ask one intrusive question. We were just friend havind a meal.

We then went for a short walk (HER shoes were too tight! ) and she invited me back to her flat for coffee (5 minute taxi ride but too far to hobble)

We had the coffee and she showed me an outfit she had bought to go to a wedding, shoes she had bought but never worn, and got me to try on a coat she has just got for winter (It was scrummy - I wanted to keep it )

We had some more wine, (didnt get drunk) then I only went and fell asleep on her settee when she popped out for 5 minutes to get some more milk from a corner shop.

She let me doze. I must have been "out" for 45 minutes.

When I woke, she said, "that is the best compliment you could have paid me - you must feel comfortable" and I realised that I was.

We didnt talk about the birthday meal of the Christmas do.

More coffee and I called a taxi to take me home.

Been home for half an hour or so.

I have always been friends with my business partner - but this was different.

Now back to washing and ironing and the grind of running a home which has been a little neglected of late.

or I might just have a long lazy bath and watch TV.

I feel so "complete". Cant think of a better word. I was just Mirani. Girlfriend. Me.
    It is a place that I dreamed of (Hell I sound like Judy Garland now!).

The only ironing I am doing tonight is what I need for tomorrow. then its bath, TV and bed
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Good for you! Glad things are working out. May I reccomend the bath? Sounds nice.

Gen

OMG - how wonderful is THAT? My heart is in my throat just thinking of how cool that would be. Myself, even if I knew the folks that worked around me and with me knew and were OK with it, I still wouldn't go to work "dressed", but it would still be so liberating to know that you didn't have to hide yourself, your interests, your thoughts, etc, etc.
    At the risk of sounding like a preacher, you have also clearly done something wonderful for TG's, whether that was your intent or not. These people clearly like and respect you, and now know that your are TG. Just by this example, the group of people in the world that now knows TG's are people and not freaks has just grown a little larger. Way to go! :-)

I 100% understand your trepidation expressed in later updates. What you have written implies that you are part of the management, and as such you have some responsibilities and concerns that all of us may not share. Everyone has their own styles of course, but as a general rule, being TOO friendly with those that work for you can present problems. I imagine that the whole crossdressing thing is not your only concern here, but part of bundle of concerns. How much can you allow it to be part of your work life, how much can you share of yourself with those that work for you, how friendly can you be with them, and probably a whole host of other concerns that haven't occur ed to me yet.
    I agree with you - move slowly until your sure of your footing. If you move too fast and make decisions while your head is still spinning and your in a state of euphoria, you may have to live with the consequences for a long time.

Kimberley

Are you a long lost sister

You know me so well!!

Good for you!

Mirani that is wonderful. Sounds like a dream come true. Let us know
    how the Pamper Party goes! Hopefully you will take pictures.

Delilah

why not have a party at your house where you feel the most comfortable?

I think your experiences are wonderful. However, I understand your anxiety at how far to take this based on your position. I guess it depends on your specific field. What would happen if the whole world new about the full you? Could someone in the office use this information or pictures of events to get back at you for decisions you may have to make as a manager?
    Lori

OMG, what a great way to get to come out to your co workers. That must have been a great feeling of relife to hear all the women that you work with say that to you.

kisses
    sissy dana
    She was the only man he ever loved.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    ... she just said "Hello Mirani, nice to meet you at last"

.... she didn't ask one intrusive question. We were just friends having a meal.....

When I woke, she said, "that is the best compliment you could have paid me - you must feel comfortable" and I realised that I was.
    I felt joy for you reading this. This gift of acceptance was obviously so sincerely given.

The sleeping thing struck a cord. I had a crush that I spent a lot of time with. She would pretend she didn't know how smitten I was, and I would pretend I thought she didn't know. The trust implied when she from time to time would fall asleep on my shoulder or the other end of the sofa watching a movie or in a group event of some sort felt really good.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Mirani, this post got to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    It was a long lunch.
    She was there before me and there was a bottle of wine on the table and two glasses and she just said "Hello Mirani, nice to meet you at last"
    We ordered our dinner (I didnt know if I could actually eat!).

She complimented me on my hair and said that it was the biggest giveaway. Although my manicured nails and trimmed eyebrows werent exactly saying nothing

Some of the staff have been with us over 4 years and comments have been made from time to time .. wondering if I was gay (not that it mattered) but that didnt make sense because they knew I had been in hetro relationships and had talked aboput fancying Felicity Kendal when she was in the Good Life (UK TV Show) and Drew Barrymore.

We were served our meal and spent the whole time just talking - work, children, news, shoes .... she didnt ask one intrusive question. We were just friend havind a meal.

We then went for a short walk (HER shoes were too tight! ) and she invited me back to her flat for coffee (5 minute taxi ride but too far to hobble)

We had the coffee and she showed me an outfit she had bought to go to a wedding, shoes she had bought but never worn, and got me to try on a coat she has just got for winter (It was scrummy - I wanted to keep it )

We had some more wine, (didnt get drunk) then I only went and fell asleep on her settee when she popped out for 5 minutes to get some more milk from a corner shop.

She let me doze. I must have been "out" for 45 minutes.

We didnt talk about the birthday meal of the Christmas do.

More coffee and I called a taxi to take me home.

Been home for half an hour or so.

I have always been friends with my business partner - but this was different.

Now back to washing and ironing and the grind of running a home which has been a little neglected of late.

or I might just have a long lazy bath and watch TV.

I feel so "complete". Cant think of a better word. I was just Mirani. Girlfriend. Me.
    It is a place that I dreamed of (Hell I sound like Judy Garland now!).

The only ironing I am doing tonight is what I need for tomorrow. then its bath, TV and bed
    I'm a pretty out of touch with my feminen side. Other than I sometimes get tears in my eyes during a happy ending in a movies. And this post did the same thing to me. It sounded like a fairytale ending to me! Thank u so much for sharing it!
    RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Great story! I agree with the above comments. What did everyone ask?

From reading this start to finish for the first time Mirani, I'd have to conclude two things:

1. You have great people working with and for you.

2. They genuinely care about you and think you are a great person too. (which you must be )

It's that underpinning of trust and respect which you obviously have built that makes it possible for Mirani to be a part of their world, even if it might seem like you are risking that good working relationship. I get the feeling you are not ...because of the things I mentioned above.

Have fun Mirani.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

What a day !

Mondays is Goal Setting Day.

We all take 15 minutes (phones set to ansaphone) to consider what we want to achieve this week.
    What may prevent us from achieving?
    What we can do about it?
    What support we need.
    Then we share our goals and see how we can help each other or at least not get in the way!)
    Phones back on, call back any messages and off we go!
    It is alway invigorating.

At lunch time I was asked about the Birthday meal.
    I said "yes .... what are we wearing? I dont want to stand out!"
    They laughed and we decide to be "smart casual" ..

Then the subject was dropped and back to work!

Well, no one said anything, but it was permanently on my mind all afternoon. I have to admit to some "concentration" problems ... woops!

big smiles here!
    Last edited by Mirani; 11-05-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Mirani,
    You know what - put cross dressing aside, put being TG aside, your office sounds like a great place to work. Can I come work for you? I'm VERY good with anything dealing with PC's and software, to include writing my own code and macros. I can automate just about anything your doing with MS Excel or Word.
    I'm low maintenance, and if I complain, I do it WHILE I work instead of sitting idle while I complain.
    I'd be an asset - I promise!
    Just teasing, I love my job, but your office DOES sound like a fine place to be. :-)

there is a VERY low turnover of staff.

We try to make them feel they are valued (because they ARE). pay fairly and include the staff in processes which affect them. They seem to like working with us anyway

Sorry Kimberly = you are way to pretty to work here
    Last edited by Mirani; 11-05-2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: typo's

Wednesday

The girls were productive but cheeky today - in a nice way.
    They all turned up "in uniform". White blouse, black skirt, seemed nylons and heels.
    It did make me laugh especially when I was asked "bet you are jealous!?" (oh I WAS!)

But they did work hard today, although I think we all enjoyed the frisson in the air.
    There is undeniably a different feel to the office .. probably because we are sharing a secret .. but thats just my take on it.

Near end of play today I was asked what I was going to wear tomorrow night.
    All I said was "Heels" and we all had a laugh.

I am now wondering what to wear with my boots (3" heels) ..
    I hope I have the strength tomorrow NOT to go shopping!

You are just KILLING me! This sounds so neat it could be one of the fictional stories you find on the internet. It is great that things are working out so well for you Mirani

not fiction Hunny!

Thai Meal tomorrow!

New England, somewhere on the fringe of genderland
    Wow Mirani, what a wonderful development ! Your partner seems ultra cool and so considerate. I think it must be a great feeling to be able to open up about your Mirani side to her and be so accepted with out a trace of judgment or disapproval. It also must have been terribly nerve racking when you first learned that your cloak of secrecy had been stripped away ! I hope you feel more relaxed now about your employees knowing about Mirani. They seem to be super open minded people also. I know you were down in the dumps a couple weeks ago from your previous "rollercoaster" thread. Hopefully the reassurance and acceptance of your colleagues at work has you feeling better ? Anyhow thanks so much for sharing your experience with all of us. I really enjoyed experiencing it along with you, albeit vicariously.
    Last edited by Marlena-4now; 11-08-2007 at 04:20 AM.

work was back to normal. The only reference to tonight was "see you later" and fixing a time to be picked up.

So now ... just getting ready for tonight!

A mixture of "at last" .. "what am I opening up?" .. "what next?" but certainly looking forward to it .. though the weather is awful.

I'm glad I decided on boots

Thai will be great as it means I can pick at bits and pieces - my stomach is turning over at the moment.

I'll post an update later .. I hope.

Thumbs up

Hi Mirani,

Hope you have a great night with the girls.
    [SIZE=4]If you both wear skirts then who's the boss? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Love To You All Rachel [/SIZE]

I've had some great Thai in Brighton, Mirani, but I envy you! Hope you're having a good time...

Kisses,

Lucy

Hi Mirani,

I have been following these developement from the beginning, I am so proud of you for handling your situation with class! I think you have a supportive enviroment that will accept you to whatever degree you choose and I don't blame you for taking it slow and thinking ahead to avoid potential issues. My situation is such that I don't have the environment to do what you're doing, but I very much enjoy hearing about how your situation evolves. Best Wishes!
    Eve

Do something special for yourself today. You deserve it!

Thursday night

Feeling just great.

My "driver" just left .. came in for a coffee after bringing me home.

It was lovely to get my boots off ............

We made a fuss of the birthday girl (clubbed together and gave her a beauty therapy token).

Isnt it great to go to the loo together ... I felt like a naughty school girl ... chatting cubicle to cubicle ..

No questions about why I like to dress - just "ordinary" converstaions .. tho men did come in for some slating! .. and I joined in ...

Oh I did get a question .. "what lipstick are you wearing .. can I have some?"

The evening ended with hugs and "we must do this again"

I hate this next bit.

Taking off my makeup .. I dont know why but it always sucks.

I have Egyptian Cotton sheets .. I will be snuggled up soon.