Thread: big brother

Platinum Member

big brother

hey guys .....just thinking ... i know your thinking omg Wendy is thinking it can't be good..... well OK ... my question is the girls MTF'S like and wish they could have a GG kinda take them under their wig so to speak you know help them with looking and acting like a GG ...... well do you guys ever think it might be cool to have a big brother ?? you know to help you with some of those guy things ??? i think that would be way cool to hang out with one of the guys FTM'S and just show them the ropes the if you will behind the scenes stuff.... what do you guys think???.........

I have 4 brothers and one sister so im cool

That would be pretty cool, to get someone to explain to me some of the intricacies of things like professional dress or sports etiquette.

I do kinda feel like I have big brothers here on the board already who keep an eye on me and give me advice.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Platinum Member
    I feel we all have brothers here anyway, we might not meet in person often or if not at all...but we are a close knit group who if any of us ask for help be that gender related or not we do get the answers we require...you may not see that so much as lot of it goes on in the boys clubhouse

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    I feel we all have brothers here anyway, we might not meet in person often or if not at all...but we are a close knit group who if any of us ask for help be that gender related or not we do get the answers we require...you may not see that so much as lot of it goes on in the boys clubhouse
    thats cool and a good thingy thats why this place and you guys club house are here for .... what i was saying in real life to have a real live (lol) GM to hang out and just help you get them small things that GM do that kinda are just known to GM's .....

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    thats cool and a good thingy thats why this place and you guys club house are here for .... what i was saying in real life to have a real live (lol) GM to hang out and just help you get them small things that GM do that kinda are just known to GM's .....
    well from my point of view i hang out with a lot of MtFs in RL who help me from a male perspective occasionally

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    well from my point of view i hang out with a lot of MtFs in RL who help me from a male perspective occasionally
    thats cool and what i am talking abought.... way cool..... so your answer is yes it's a good idear ..... right????........

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    That would be kinda cool. I know very few nontrans men IRL because of attending a women's college. It would be nice to have a close friend like that.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    That would be kinda cool. I know very few nontrans men IRL because of attending a women's college. It would be nice to have a close friend like that.
    that's what i was thinking and it would be interesting to do something like that ... and besides a Friend (we can never have too many of them) through that a better understanding of who we are and helping out a fellow person with things would be good for the both of them .... i would like to see things like this .......

I think I get what you mean, Wendy. I guess that's why I've always tried to tag along with the guys, since childhood. I know quite a few guys at work who are friendly with me and happy to treat me like one of the guys, but we don't socialize outside the office - probably because I think their wives won't quite see it the way they do. Doesn't matter, as long as they're welcoming and happy to discuss any guy things with me - and they do.

You also made me understand why my best friend (for decades now) has been my cousin - he's a gay guy and the only person who I'm really close to. I have lots of female friends (some are doing okay with the transition, others are still trying), but it's great to have some male bonding time with GMs. They speak my language, and with women I've sometimes needed a translation - but I'm very fluent now.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, I completely feel the big brother thing, except the majority of my friends have always been male. Even before I came out to my mates as being trans they pretty much accepted me as one of the guys, i was and always have been just part of the crowd, none of them ever saying i couldn't do something coz i was a girl or anything. It has also helped me greatly in passing etc, coz while they didn't know it I was taking mental (and sometimes literal) notes on their behavior towards eachother and how they interacted, it's really been my in for sure.
    [SIZE=2]"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]SSC[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]2012[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]SWK![/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]
    Shaun
    [/SIZE]

Lord of the Toesocks Fire Falcon's Avatar
    I have a brother...

... And he totally doesn't accept I'm trans. We've never gotten along, and I chalk it all up to male rivalry. ;P Be careful what you wish for is all I have to say!

I view my friends as family though, and I know quite a few great guys, so I'm not terribly disappointed.
    Last edited by Fire Falcon; 03-31-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: I forgot to capitalize the "w" in "we've"!

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I've got a sort of big brother. My buddy Jay teaches me all sorts of stuff about life, self defence, all that... And his kids (well, the one that can talk, anyway) call me Uncle Benny.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.