Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos ; opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Tattoos ; opinions

Ok, so i was at work this morning and people decided to discuss my tattoos so im thought id make a post on tattoo's

I got all my tattoos at least 3 years ago now, when i was a little younger didnt totally think about the reprucusions.

So I have seven tattoos ; one of them is the word seven written in script on my right arm at the sideways between my wrist and my elbow.. it was the first one I had done, thus the reason why i have seven tattoos. (i have a slight obsession with the number seven) Then i have a dagger/sword/knife whatever you want to do it, on my right wrist on the underside with 3 drops of blood coming off it (its actually better than it sounds, but i had my reasons for getting it on my wrist, which i wont really post unless im asked - thats not a cue for you all to ask ) Above the dagger i have the word adore (but it was all done at the same time so it counts as one tattoo or my whole seven thing is wrong!) Then i have two stars on my left wrist basically where my watch, one under the watch face and one on the opposite side, the underside of your wrist) goes so you dont really see them ; one of the stars i got in memory of my gf who died. Then i have a cloud a star and a rainbow on my right hip (yes, from my 'lesbian' days) - then another one on my right forearm, which is just a simple pattern...

which leads me onto the last one i have, its a naked woman on her knees wearing knee high boots and holding a gun above her head... (ok i know im an idiot - but i had this whole thing for lara croft a few years back) Its just the black outline as i dont really like coloured tattoos.. But at work when they saw this tattoo because she is generally covered by my t-shirt or shirt, one of the ladies said to me "you're not what i think you are, are you?" Now, i know she meant, wooah, your not a lesbian are you.. i said 'no' because well, im not, least not anymore.. and left it at that .. it actually freaked me out a little that if i had said yes, i know that my work would have had a fit.. they wont employ a guy because apparently he would have to use a seperate bathroom.. and im guessing if i was a lesbian then they wouldnt employ me to look after 21 old ladies! Im actually glad im leaving now..

But, really id like to know ;
    do you have tattoos? - if so what do they mean and what are they ?
    would you want a tattoo and why?
    What do you think of tattoos?

I just really want to have some lame chat on tattoos lol.

(we've got boxers so, why not )
    [SIZE="2"]Life is so strange
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    Just as far beyond as I can see
    I still don't know what this all means to me
    [/SIZE]

smashing pumpkins - Destination Unknown

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInnerMan View Post
    But, really id like to know ;
    do you have tattoos? - if so what do they mean and what are they ?
    would you want a tattoo and why?
    What do you think of tattoos?

I just really want to have some lame chat on tattoos lol.

(we've got boxers so, why not )
    there is a tattoo thread somewhere not sure if its here or in the boys club where a few have posted pics of their inks

i want one yes but i keep changing my mind on designs, so wont til i have my mind set

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    there is a tattoo thread somewhere not sure if its here or in the boys club where a few have posted pics of their inks
    spoil my fun! lol.

i want one yes but i keep changing my mind on designs, so wont til i have my mind set
    thats a very sensible idea kieron, definately make sure you can live with it for the rest of your life... some of mine are becoming annoying because they're from a different part of my life, a different place y'know.
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    spoil my fun! lol.
    spoiling your fun would have been if i posted a link to the thread but cant be bothered to look for it

spoiling your fun would have been if i posted a link to the thread but cant be bothered to look for it
    http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623

this would be the link, though i dont know how to rename it, thought id beat you too it
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623

this would be the link, though i dont know how to rename it, thought id beat you too it
    you cant rename it only a mod can and theres not much point seeing as it is what it is, a thread for trans tats specifically lol

EDIT:- ok thats not the one i meant, there is one called 'post your ink' and its not specifically about trans tats its all tats
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 10-31-2007 at 08:09 AM.

I have four tats....and they are all meaningful....I wouldn't get one that wasn't, for Me it's both art AND personal expression.....
    1) I have a heart with barbed wire through it (on My left calf) and the words "Love Hurts"....This tattoo expresses My kinky side...
    2) I have a Pentacle on My right calf, this represents My Pagan side.
    3) I have a Raven behind My right shoulder....This tattoo is a matching one that My daughter and I both have....We had it designed together and we got them done together....My first grandchild was named Raven and she was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, long story short, that is a very rare and severe heart defect....They tried to save her at the University of Michigan, she was the smallest baby that they ever attempted to save at that time (not sure about now), but she died at nine weeks old....Underneath the Raven is the chinese symbol for "grandchild"....My daughter has exactly the same bird, but hers has the Chinese symbol for "child" since Raven was her daughter.
    4) I have an armband tattoo (upper left arm) in gothic font that says Strength Discipline Compassion and has the Mars symbol (the genetic symbol for Male) between each word....This one I got because of My role as husband in the relationship with Toni (and more so, expresses how I feel about Myself as a man, and to be those things is My goal, whether THIS relationship works out or not)...Hers says Love Honor Obey and has the Venus symbol (for Female) between each word.
    So, those are My tats so far....I'm not going to get a million of them, but may add to My collection as time and circumstances move forward.....**Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

Psh. We've got multiples of every thread (I can't count how many binder thread there are) so another tattoo thread isn't gonna do us in.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki_t View Post
    You can buy full kits with inks and real tattoo gun with several needles for about $150
    Eh... or not. I'd either A. become a tattoo artist and have and actual studio with all the needed supplies or B. do it traditional style via needle and inkwell as they do in many parts of the world. Either way I'd get myself some training first. But I don't know if I ever will get a tattoo.
    Story of my life –>

I love tats. If I were to get one it'd prolly end up being some version of a doodle I did a while back that features a boy with a fox next to him and a wolf laying in his lap. But seeing as Im no artist, I'd have to find somebody that could turn my crap doodle into something decent and workable. And come up with the cash for it of course. Less than likely, but one can dream, eh?
    Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.

Platinum Member
    Ok i just took a nap earlier and had the STRANGEST dream!! i dreamt i was in a tattoo parlour getting a tat done.....someone remind me not to read these types of threads before a nap please lol

Tattoos - Body graffitti

Karen Sue

I currently have 4 tattoos and am planning a LOT more (yes, I'm an inkaholic LOL). My current ink is:

Left ankle: an anklet of flowers with a big butterfly which is patterned as a tiger's face (if that makes sense, my eldest daughter designed it for me when she was about 5yrs old and if you look at it one way its a butterfly, but if you look again its a tigers face). I got a small butterfly inside my left ankle at 19 and the rest of the anklet about 4yrs later.

Top of left foot: The Reiki symbols (as I am a Reiki practitioner) - I got these at about 23yrs old I think

Upper left leg (just below the hip): my first ever tattoo, a very stoned frog sort of half sprawled on a toadstool and smoking a pipe - this was in its own way my anti-drug statement as the frog looks like he doesn't even know what day it is LOL and it suits my twisted sense of humour I got this one at 19.

Upper right arm: a pentagram made of vine leaves and what appears to be a branch but it's actually a snake wound around the outside, with a wolf paw print underneath it on the left side of the pentagram. I got this one last year as I am a longtime Pagan and have a longstanding relationship with the wolf also

I won't list all the tattoos I have planned here as there are about another 24-25 of them LOL....but I will say that every single one is significant to me for various reasons - there are a couple that represent significant people in my life journey (one is going to be a paint horse's head on my left shoulder blade with a couple of clouds to represent a soulmate of mine who goes by SkyHorse, one will represent my brother Alf who has passed on - I wont explain that one as it was an inside joke between us, but it is a yellow rubber bath type duck with a black leather jacket, shades and bikers cap LOL), and then there is the tattoo for my brother - this will be the Awen symbol, on my right ankle. I also have a number of tattoos planned that are of magickal and spiritual significance to me - some will be Gaelic writing, others symbolic, and even a couple that are not Celtic.

I also have a couple planned that are sort of representative of my trans journey - on my right foot, a chameleon sitting on a branch (I planned this one YEARS ago before I had any idea LOL but its scarily appropriate, particularly now I am a member of Chameleons here in Western Australia LOL, and for quite a while I identified myself AS a gender chameleon!); also around my right wrist, a salamander (transformation).

Anyway that's a small part of my planned ink - won't take up a whole page with the rest LOL But I will leave you all with one of my favourite tattoo quotes:

"The Bible says my body is a temple. All I'm doing is painting the walls".

Daniel (whose skin is currently itching for more art)
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

I want to get a tat and I've had this design in mind for the longest time. It's going to be a little cartoon penguin with a old school banner underneath it and it's simply going to say "slide", i want to get it on my left forearm on the underside, the idea came from fight club, but in the book (which I love) it tells you why the penguin says slide. "It's only after you've reached rock bottom that you can truly let everything slide." It's a great book, if you get a chance you should read it.

And then second one I want to get on my right forearm is a quote that says, "even from a dark night songs of beauty can be born" by Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey

So those are my two starter tats that I'll hopefully get in a few months.
    Last edited by jsoto81; 11-05-2007 at 01:05 AM.
    Ben

Shy...but bi-curious Sammy_34DD's Avatar

should I hide them?

Hey there...yeah I also have a couple...in various locations...and I've been told that when I'm a girl they tend to make me look tough (like I really know what that means...are they saying butch-tough?) I think its because they are more rougher in subject matter...so I thought maybe I should try to hide them...for a more feminine look?

I also love tattoos, but don't have any at the moment. I want my tattoos to be original and I'm having a hard time finding an artist I like. Once I get the cash and find the right artist, I plan on getting sleeves.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."- Oscar Wilde

I saw a female last year who was wearing a backless top and right across her back was a tattoo of a dark angle, i thought it looked great and could not stop looking at it (the tattoo)

joanne

Hayden of the West. hayden von beethoven's Avatar

Talking

I have three. =]
    I have "mother (black dot) (big grey and black butterfly) (black dot) daughter" on the underside of my left forearm, the mother and daughter is written in farsi (the iranian language) dedicated to my mommy, I chose the farsi because she lived in and survived (barely) living in Iran when she was 17-19 so at 18, I got that ink. Oh and the butterfly is because my mom has a blue butterfly dedicated to my grandma, so I got the black and grey A.) because the blue one is her thing and B.) because grandma is no longer with us.

I have "words were our wings" in a purdy font wrapped around my left forearm right below my elbow and "now let them be our rifles" wrapping around my right forearm below the elbow. That combined (words were our wings, now let them be our rifles.) is a line from my all time favourite poet (okay.. I'm obsessed with him.) and dear texting buddy Derrick C. Brown. That line means a lot to me being a writer, because like Derrick in junior high through high school I wrote to escape, now I write to impact, express, and explode.

I plan to get many more, including the one sitting on my artist's drawing table at the moment, I hope to get it done in a few weeks. It's a full body portrait of Elliot Smith holding an ubrella standing next to a street sign that says "Condor Ave." which is my "Getting over Deana" song, I want to get it on my right forearm (same place as mother daughter).
    Last edited by hayden von beethoven; 01-15-2008 at 07:29 PM.

this is my only tattoo.. and a friend did it with a pin and ink

Tats

I've got 13 tattoos. not sure i want any more, but don't regret any that i have except one funky cover-up. having forearm tats back in the 80's before it was so common added to my dangerously circus vibe.....

Platinum Member
    OK at last ive decided on my Tat that im getting in the states....

Attachment 63075

im modifying it slightly so that his tattoo will be the trans symbol or maybe swapping the goggles for a cap and modifying the bulldog to be an english bulldog not french...(the ears are different lol)
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 03-19-2008 at 11:38 AM.

A tiny jobless town in Southwest Michigan.
    Tattoo.. I've wanted one at times, then decided against it. So, if you catch me in a mood that I do want it, I've actually designed one myself that I'd get on my shoulder. It's a black rose and I've still not decided if I want the stem or not.

My reasoning behind it is because that's where my master has marked me and that's his symbol ^.~

anything else, no idea yet. Mostly trying to figure out if I really want that one or not, though I'll probably end up getting it... with a friend who wont laugh at me for cringing at the needles.. -_-

Lord of the Toesocks Fire Falcon's Avatar
    I adore tattoos, and have several planned out. The one I want most is a barcode on the back of my neck, followed by an Egyptian solar disk across my shoulders, with an ankh in the circle. ^^ And right under it, I want the word "serpent" written in Arabic... under THAT I want the Japanese kanji for dragon and snake... Under those I want a phoenix, and across my lower back, I want a spider.

All plain black ink. I don't like colored tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Falcon View Post
    I adore tattoos, and have several planned out. The one I want most is a barcode on the back of my neck,
    Which barcode? Will you just make up one or copy one from a kleenex box or something or just use a general barcode pattern and not stick to the actual algorithm or...? Sorry for asking such pesky questions, barcodes just fascinate me.

[SIZE="1"]And didn't they have that in a TV show once? I think it was called Dark Angel and people in it had barcodes on the backs of their necks...[/SIZE]
    Story of my life –>

I have one tattoo on my right shoulder blade, it's my 'other' internet nickname. I've had it almost 8 years and it was a bet... I know... doh... but I guess it has significance, because the internet really did save my life (long story).
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Hmmm, I never wanted a tat, until I saw the snarling black panther on Karen's back(uh, she was a little "inspired" one day). I loved the look of it, and since I always identified with a black panther(all my life), I thought it would be awesome to have one, too!! So, a couple of years ago, Karen held my hand, and I bit on a bullet!! Here's the result. Karen is on the left, and she added color to mine, it's on the right. The artist was telling me how she made mine more "fem", which I laughed to myself about!! That was like the farthest thing from my mind!!
    Now, we always have each other's back!!
    k and kats tats.jpg

This is what the artwork looks like, but in the reverse position, or as close to it as I could find.katstattoo.jpg

Kieron, I really like your bulldog on a Bike, looks good!!

Yes, it did hurt, a lot at first, but I went to my "happy" place in my mind!!
    Last edited by KrazyKat; 03-19-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: ad
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!