Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos ; opinions

Talking Tattoos ; opinions

Ok, so i was at work this morning and people decided to discuss my tattoos so im thought id make a post on tattoo's

I got all my tattoos at least 3 years ago now, when i was a little younger didnt totally think about the reprucusions.

So I have seven tattoos ; one of them is the word seven written in script on my right arm at the sideways between my wrist and my elbow.. it was the first one I had done, thus the reason why i have seven tattoos. (i have a slight obsession with the number seven) Then i have a dagger/sword/knife whatever you want to do it, on my right wrist on the underside with 3 drops of blood coming off it (its actually better than it sounds, but i had my reasons for getting it on my wrist, which i wont really post unless im asked - thats not a cue for you all to ask ) Above the dagger i have the word adore (but it was all done at the same time so it counts as one tattoo or my whole seven thing is wrong!) Then i have two stars on my left wrist basically where my watch, one under the watch face and one on the opposite side, the underside of your wrist) goes so you dont really see them ; one of the stars i got in memory of my gf who died. Then i have a cloud a star and a rainbow on my right hip (yes, from my 'lesbian' days) - then another one on my right forearm, which is just a simple pattern...

which leads me onto the last one i have, its a naked woman on her knees wearing knee high boots and holding a gun above her head... (ok i know im an idiot - but i had this whole thing for lara croft a few years back) Its just the black outline as i dont really like coloured tattoos.. But at work when they saw this tattoo because she is generally covered by my t-shirt or shirt, one of the ladies said to me "you're not what i think you are, are you?" Now, i know she meant, wooah, your not a lesbian are you.. i said 'no' because well, im not, least not anymore.. and left it at that .. it actually freaked me out a little that if i had said yes, i know that my work would have had a fit.. they wont employ a guy because apparently he would have to use a seperate bathroom.. and im guessing if i was a lesbian then they wouldnt employ me to look after 21 old ladies! Im actually glad im leaving now..

But, really id like to know ;
    do you have tattoos? - if so what do they mean and what are they ?
    would you want a tattoo and why?
    What do you think of tattoos?

I just really want to have some lame chat on tattoos lol.

(we've got boxers so, why not )
    [SIZE="2"]Life is so strange
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    Just as far beyond as I can see
    I still don't know what this all means to me
    [/SIZE]

smashing pumpkins - Destination Unknown

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInnerMan View Post
    But, really id like to know ;
    do you have tattoos? - if so what do they mean and what are they ?
    would you want a tattoo and why?
    What do you think of tattoos?

I just really want to have some lame chat on tattoos lol.

(we've got boxers so, why not )
    there is a tattoo thread somewhere not sure if its here or in the boys club where a few have posted pics of their inks

i want one yes but i keep changing my mind on designs, so wont til i have my mind set

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    there is a tattoo thread somewhere not sure if its here or in the boys club where a few have posted pics of their inks
    spoil my fun! lol.

i want one yes but i keep changing my mind on designs, so wont til i have my mind set
    thats a very sensible idea kieron, definately make sure you can live with it for the rest of your life... some of mine are becoming annoying because they're from a different part of my life, a different place y'know.
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    spoil my fun! lol.
    spoiling your fun would have been if i posted a link to the thread but cant be bothered to look for it

I have four tats....and they are all meaningful....I wouldn't get one that wasn't, for Me it's both art AND personal expression.....
    1) I have a heart with barbed wire through it (on My left calf) and the words "Love Hurts"....This tattoo expresses My kinky side...
    2) I have a Pentacle on My right calf, this represents My Pagan side.
    3) I have a Raven behind My right shoulder....This tattoo is a matching one that My daughter and I both have....We had it designed together and we got them done together....My first grandchild was named Raven and she was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, long story short, that is a very rare and severe heart defect....They tried to save her at the University of Michigan, she was the smallest baby that they ever attempted to save at that time (not sure about now), but she died at nine weeks old....Underneath the Raven is the chinese symbol for "grandchild"....My daughter has exactly the same bird, but hers has the Chinese symbol for "child" since Raven was her daughter.
    4) I have an armband tattoo (upper left arm) in gothic font that says Strength Discipline Compassion and has the Mars symbol (the genetic symbol for Male) between each word....This one I got because of My role as husband in the relationship with Toni (and more so, expresses how I feel about Myself as a man, and to be those things is My goal, whether THIS relationship works out or not)...Hers says Love Honor Obey and has the Venus symbol (for Female) between each word.
    So, those are My tats so far....I'm not going to get a million of them, but may add to My collection as time and circumstances move forward.....**Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

spoiling your fun would have been if i posted a link to the thread but cant be bothered to look for it
    http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623

this would be the link, though i dont know how to rename it, thought id beat you too it
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623

this would be the link, though i dont know how to rename it, thought id beat you too it
    you cant rename it only a mod can and theres not much point seeing as it is what it is, a thread for trans tats specifically lol

EDIT:- ok thats not the one i meant, there is one called 'post your ink' and its not specifically about trans tats its all tats
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 10-31-2007 at 08:09 AM.

Personally I don't like tattoos or piercings, so I don't have any.

I currently have two tattoos, waiting to get the third done.

My first is the Capricorn symbol, upper right back/shoulder area. For my firstborn.

The second is japanese kanji, koneko, meaning kitten. That's for my inner self.

The third I'm waiting to get done is the Gemini symbol on an area close to the Capricorn one, for my littlest man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For certain you must be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was. ~ Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

Wants red cocktail dress! nikki_t's Avatar
    I love tattoos and have a few myself.

I saw on the news about a month ago about this new tattoo ink that makes your tattoo removable easily with just one laser session.

I don't have any tats yet, but I hope to get some in the near future. You never see a pirate without tattoos, right?

Seth, this is a bit off-topic, but I want to add that the woman who asked you if you are what she thinks you are, had absolutely no business doing so, and you weren't obligated to answer her. Man, I hate nosy people!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    I don't have any tats yet, but I hope to get some in the near future. You never see a pirate without tattoos, right?

Seth, this is a bit off-topic, but I want to add that the woman who asked you if you are what she thinks you are, had absolutely no business doing so, and you weren't obligated to answer her. Man, I hate nosy people!
    A true pirate should definately have some sort of branding..

and that woman, aka 'the cleaner' it just made me real uncomfortable, well more uncomfortable than i am already there as they only know me as a girl, so im already out of sorts with what im wearing there.. to be asked or more so told what i am was just plain uncomfortable.. even if i was a happy lesbian i'd still have felt damn uncomfortable in saying, well yes.. y'know.

I dont mind people asking, i just dont like to know they're asking so the can react.
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    [/SIZE]

I dont mind people asking, i just dont like to know they're asking so the can react.
    But the point is that it's up to you to choose who to tell and not tell. Just because someone asks us anything doesn't mean we have to answer them.
    That's an invasion of privacy - you're not asking her for her opinion of you, lesbians or anything else. I prefer people to keep their opinions to themselves, unless I ask them. And the best way to ensure this is to make sure they respect my privacy. But that's just my - I'm not saying it's what you should do. It just bugs me when people do that.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    But the point is that it's up to you to choose who to tell and not tell. Just because someone asks us anything doesn't mean we have to answer them.
    That's an invasion of privacy - you're not asking her for her opinion of you, lesbians or anything else. I prefer people to keep their opinions to themselves, unless I ask them. And the best way to ensure this is to make sure they respect my privacy. But that's just my - I'm not saying it's what you should do. It just bugs me when people do that.
    but the way in which she said it, 'you're not what i think you are, are you' its not really a question its more of a statement which needs defending .. if i hadnt answered then really im confirming her suspicions. Before i'd have no problem in anyone thinking anything of me, but now it kind of bothers me because im trying damn hard to be something other than what its obvious i am, when to me thats not what i am.

sorry im having a bad day which is about to get a hell of a lot worse when my mum comes home in about 10 minutes ...considering i left the PC ON this morning and came home to find it off... now, i know she has just about seen everything.. because everything was everywhere this morning and i am not just talking in reference to what she has seen on the PC screen ; basically im gonna have to do something today .. and i really didnt want to do it yet.
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    [/SIZE]

but the way in which she said it, 'you're not what i think you are, are you' its not really a question its more of a statement which needs defending .. if i hadnt answered then really im confirming her suspicions. Before i'd have no problem in anyone thinking anything of me, but now it kind of bothers me because im trying damn hard to be something other than what its obvious i am, when to me thats not what i am.
    I'm sorry, Seth, I certainly don't mean to be preachy, but regardless of how she worded it, I still see it as a question and I still see it as none of her business. Again, I'm not saying what you should or shouldn't do, but if someone said that to me, I'm sure I would respond with something like, "I don't know what you think I am, and I really don't care."

I'm sorry you're dealing with stuff, and that seems to be just the time when we're vulnerable to other people dumping their own crap on us.

sorry im having a bad day which is about to get a hell of a lot worse when my mum comes home in about 10 minutes ...considering i left the PC ON this morning and came home to find it off... now, i know she has just about seen everything.. because everything was everywhere this morning and i am not just talking in reference to what she has seen on the PC screen ; basically im gonna have to do something today .. and i really didnt want to do it yet.
    Oh man . . . . I hope that goes better than it sounds. Good luck, dude.

And now that we're hopelessly off course here . . . does anyone have Capt. Jack's magic compass handy?

I love tattoos, but have none. I'm not sure what I'd get, but I'd definitely design them myself (and possibly do them myself) because I'm an artist.
    Story of my life –>

i have one on my left arm and its a snake i just like snakes thats why i had it done tats are cool i plan on getting another one on my leg when i get the money

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar

Tats

If I may reply , I have 8 tats and all have meaning but all save one I will eventually get rid of. In the order I got them ( these were mostly to prove I'm the tough guy and not a wimp ) 1) a woman in confederate grey holding a rebel flag w/ the word cavalry ( my great something grandfather was in the 1st Virginia cavalry this is on my left shoulder and 2) on my right shoulder is a tiger shark w/ the words shark hunter and yes I was crazy as it was, I love sharks hence 3) on my left forarm a hammerhead shark and 4) left shoulder a full rig sailing ship I love the old wooden vesssels and 5) right forearm USMC force recon w/ pic of soldier and 6) also right forarm a fowled anchor with my childrens names and my wifes name 7) my left forarm anoter full rig ship w/ the Southern Cross a ship ( the name I gave a model ship I scratch built as the real deal all hard wood and 9' 1/4" , she puts up 4,400 sq inches of sail) and lastly 8) a CD/TG symbol near my groin.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

I have 5 tattoos.

One is a mendella on my shoulder with my youngest childrens names around it. One is a permanent friendship bracelet on my right ankle. One is grandfather moon blowing smoke out of his nose on my chest. The other two are someplace only special people get to see! Yes one of them was cut through to have my son.

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

I love em, hence why I have over twenty. I have 'NAN' and a heart tattoed on my fingers of my right hand as a memorial, as I was there holding her hand when she passed away. I have a tigers head on my lower back, but is not finished, had two and a half hours done and needed to go back, but the shop I had it done at in Evesham got flooded out in the Evesham floods this year. I love tigers hence that one. I have a grim reaper Taz tattooed on the top of my arm....as I love Taz too, and I have two Harely Davidson Tattooes, one on the other arm, and one on the back of my calf muscle on my leg....coz erm...you guessed it, I love Harleys too.

I have two tattoo's both saying 'Todd' which was the name of my boy I lost back in 2003 due to an ectopic pregnancy, the reason for the tats there are obvious! Hurm......I have two skulls, a puppy dog above one of the 'Todd' tats, and I have three tribal ones, (one to cover an exes name), lol and the one is on my shoulder blade has the US stripes and stars on as I always wanted to go to the US, and have still never got there....but I know I will. I also have a British Lion and Union Jack on the side of my calf.....coz I do remember where I come from....and I have one that I traced out of a book too, to do with vampires and such, lol.....I wont go on the list gets tiresome, lol!
    Last edited by Ryan; 10-31-2007 at 03:13 PM.

I have one tattoo on my right shoulder blade, it's my 'other' internet nickname. I've had it almost 8 years and it was a bet... I know... doh... but I guess it has significance, because the internet really did save my life (long story).
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Wants red cocktail dress! nikki_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenFrost View Post
    I love tattoos, but have none. I'm not sure what I'd get, but I'd definitely design them myself (and possibly do them myself) because I'm an artist.
    You can buy full kits with inks and real tattoo gun with several needles for about $150

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I have three tatoos. One is a frog because I like frogs, one is a peace symbol with two roses and my moms birth and death date and one that says eat me and a cherry. Last one I was really drunk and mad when I got it.

Psh. We've got multiples of every thread (I can't count how many binder thread there are) so another tattoo thread isn't gonna do us in.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki_t View Post
    You can buy full kits with inks and real tattoo gun with several needles for about $150
    Eh... or not. I'd either A. become a tattoo artist and have and actual studio with all the needed supplies or B. do it traditional style via needle and inkwell as they do in many parts of the world. Either way I'd get myself some training first. But I don't know if I ever will get a tattoo.
    Story of my life –>

I love tats. If I were to get one it'd prolly end up being some version of a doodle I did a while back that features a boy with a fox next to him and a wolf laying in his lap. But seeing as Im no artist, I'd have to find somebody that could turn my crap doodle into something decent and workable. And come up with the cash for it of course. Less than likely, but one can dream, eh?
    Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.