Thread: The Mechanics of the Man Hug

Platinum Member

The Mechanics of the Man Hug

Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 03-17-2008 at 07:54 AM.

"There is nothing worse than a floppy half hearted attempt."

Story of my life –>

Funny!!
    ColleenW

Societies which are less accepting of male homosexuality than our own are more accepting of physical gestures of affection between men -- look at Latin American men slinging their arms around each others' shoulders and Arab men walking hand in hand. The places in the West where it's officially A-OK to be a homosexual actually curtain off, in a social and psychological way, their homosexuals, particularly their male ones, from the rest of the population. It's not nice to beat up gay guys, but heaven forbid anyone should mistake ME for one! is the general attitude, and that sure does make male friendship problematic, which is very sad. Homosocial bonds and non-sexual friendship are mistakenly regarded as much less important than the boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife bond and the imitation of it, in the form of gay marriage, that gays eagerly pursue.

Mind you, greater acceptance of Male Bonding also has to do with segregation of the sexes, so that's not the whole story -- and I didn't mean to hijack this thread with a long lecture. That is a funny vid, and thanks for posting it, Kieron Andrew.

Kieron,

Don't you know that real men don't hug, cry or show any emotion. At least that is what I was taught as a child.

Unhappy

I'm Sorry to say but as a vetern we hug each other. This I do when i"m with a Veterns group. If you think it is unmanly for a man to cry go to Wash D.C. and go to the wall. I have seen those men there cry. I have to stop right now I'm getting misty sorry must be my female hormones. Yes I'm ANam vetern.

Great video Kieron, it gave Me a good chuckle...of course Men hug, but I had to laugh because the way it was presented was cool

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Dalece View Post
    I'm Sorry to say but as a vetern we hug each other. This I do when i"m with a Veterns group. If you think it is unmanly for a man to cry go to Wash D.C. and go to the wall. I have seen those men there cry. I have to stop right now I'm getting misty sorry must be my female hormones. Yes I'm ANam vetern.
    I think it takes a bigger man to cry in public then one to hide behind his feelings. And war is certainly something to cry about IMO. There is nothing wrong with anyone hugging another to comfort them
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

I didn't mean to imply that crying, hugging or emotion was un-manly. It is just what was drilled into me a a child. Hugging was also lacking in my childhood from both mom and dad. I now know better but that is why we have the man hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalece View Post
    Thank you for serving Dalece
    Quote Originally Posted by metalguy639 View Post
    I think it takes a bigger man to cry in public then one to hide behind his feelings. And war is certainly something to cry about IMO. There is nothing wrong with anyone hugging another to comfort them
    and your right metalguy

For the rest of your Veterns out there
    Mary Jane of Lorain, Ohio

Lord of the Toesocks Fire Falcon's Avatar
    "Man hug"...

... XD Oh gods, just the term makes me gigglesnort.