Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos ; opinions

Platinum Member
    Ok i just took a nap earlier and had the STRANGEST dream!! i dreamt i was in a tattoo parlour getting a tat done.....someone remind me not to read these types of threads before a nap please lol

Tattoos - Body graffitti

Karen Sue

Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    Tattoos - Body graffitti
    I love graffiti! One of my favorite artforms.
    Story of my life –>

Quote Originally Posted by ZenFrost View Post
    I love graffiti! One of my favorite artforms.
    It can be very cool graffiti.. especially when done properly.. i dont like the 'graffiti' silly kids do, like scribbling their names on walls... gotta be real graffiti.. y'know the stuff i mean..
    [SIZE="2"]Life is so strange
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    Just as far beyond as I can see
    I still don't know what this all means to me
    [/SIZE]

smashing pumpkins - Destination Unknown

I currently have 4 tattoos and am planning a LOT more (yes, I'm an inkaholic LOL). My current ink is:

Left ankle: an anklet of flowers with a big butterfly which is patterned as a tiger's face (if that makes sense, my eldest daughter designed it for me when she was about 5yrs old and if you look at it one way its a butterfly, but if you look again its a tigers face). I got a small butterfly inside my left ankle at 19 and the rest of the anklet about 4yrs later.

Top of left foot: The Reiki symbols (as I am a Reiki practitioner) - I got these at about 23yrs old I think

Upper left leg (just below the hip): my first ever tattoo, a very stoned frog sort of half sprawled on a toadstool and smoking a pipe - this was in its own way my anti-drug statement as the frog looks like he doesn't even know what day it is LOL and it suits my twisted sense of humour I got this one at 19.

Upper right arm: a pentagram made of vine leaves and what appears to be a branch but it's actually a snake wound around the outside, with a wolf paw print underneath it on the left side of the pentagram. I got this one last year as I am a longtime Pagan and have a longstanding relationship with the wolf also

I won't list all the tattoos I have planned here as there are about another 24-25 of them LOL....but I will say that every single one is significant to me for various reasons - there are a couple that represent significant people in my life journey (one is going to be a paint horse's head on my left shoulder blade with a couple of clouds to represent a soulmate of mine who goes by SkyHorse, one will represent my brother Alf who has passed on - I wont explain that one as it was an inside joke between us, but it is a yellow rubber bath type duck with a black leather jacket, shades and bikers cap LOL), and then there is the tattoo for my brother - this will be the Awen symbol, on my right ankle. I also have a number of tattoos planned that are of magickal and spiritual significance to me - some will be Gaelic writing, others symbolic, and even a couple that are not Celtic.

I also have a couple planned that are sort of representative of my trans journey - on my right foot, a chameleon sitting on a branch (I planned this one YEARS ago before I had any idea LOL but its scarily appropriate, particularly now I am a member of Chameleons here in Western Australia LOL, and for quite a while I identified myself AS a gender chameleon!); also around my right wrist, a salamander (transformation).

Anyway that's a small part of my planned ink - won't take up a whole page with the rest LOL But I will leave you all with one of my favourite tattoo quotes:

"The Bible says my body is a temple. All I'm doing is painting the walls".

Daniel (whose skin is currently itching for more art)
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

I want to get a tat and I've had this design in mind for the longest time. It's going to be a little cartoon penguin with a old school banner underneath it and it's simply going to say "slide", i want to get it on my left forearm on the underside, the idea came from fight club, but in the book (which I love) it tells you why the penguin says slide. "It's only after you've reached rock bottom that you can truly let everything slide." It's a great book, if you get a chance you should read it.

And then second one I want to get on my right forearm is a quote that says, "even from a dark night songs of beauty can be born" by Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey

So those are my two starter tats that I'll hopefully get in a few months.
    Last edited by jsoto81; 11-05-2007 at 01:05 AM.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by jsoto81 View Post
    I want to get a tat and I've had this design in mind for the longest time. It's going to be a little cartoon penguin with a old school banner underneath it and it's simply going to say "slide", i want to get it on my left forearm on the underside, the idea came from fight club, but in the book (which I love) it tells you why the penguin says slide. "It's only after you've reached rock bottom that you can truly let everything slide." It's a great book, if you get a chance you should read it.

And then second one I want to get on my right forearm is a quite that says, "even from a dark night songs of beauty can be born" by Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey

So those are my two starter tats that I'll hopefully get in a few months.
    Those sound awesome! Especially the "Slide" one.
    Story of my life –>

Shy...but bi-curious Sammy_34DD's Avatar

should I hide them?

Hey there...yeah I also have a couple...in various locations...and I've been told that when I'm a girl they tend to make me look tough (like I really know what that means...are they saying butch-tough?) I think its because they are more rougher in subject matter...so I thought maybe I should try to hide them...for a more feminine look?

I also love tattoos, but don't have any at the moment. I want my tattoos to be original and I'm having a hard time finding an artist I like. Once I get the cash and find the right artist, I plan on getting sleeves.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."- Oscar Wilde

I saw a female last year who was wearing a backless top and right across her back was a tattoo of a dark angle, i thought it looked great and could not stop looking at it (the tattoo)

joanne

Hayden of the West. hayden von beethoven's Avatar

Talking

I have three. =]
    I have "mother (black dot) (big grey and black butterfly) (black dot) daughter" on the underside of my left forearm, the mother and daughter is written in farsi (the iranian language) dedicated to my mommy, I chose the farsi because she lived in and survived (barely) living in Iran when she was 17-19 so at 18, I got that ink. Oh and the butterfly is because my mom has a blue butterfly dedicated to my grandma, so I got the black and grey A.) because the blue one is her thing and B.) because grandma is no longer with us.

I have "words were our wings" in a purdy font wrapped around my left forearm right below my elbow and "now let them be our rifles" wrapping around my right forearm below the elbow. That combined (words were our wings, now let them be our rifles.) is a line from my all time favourite poet (okay.. I'm obsessed with him.) and dear texting buddy Derrick C. Brown. That line means a lot to me being a writer, because like Derrick in junior high through high school I wrote to escape, now I write to impact, express, and explode.

I plan to get many more, including the one sitting on my artist's drawing table at the moment, I hope to get it done in a few weeks. It's a full body portrait of Elliot Smith holding an ubrella standing next to a street sign that says "Condor Ave." which is my "Getting over Deana" song, I want to get it on my right forearm (same place as mother daughter).
    Last edited by hayden von beethoven; 01-15-2008 at 07:29 PM.

this is my only tattoo.. and a friend did it with a pin and ink

Opening His Eyes Again TeaPirateFox's Avatar
    And here I believed pin and ink never really worked. I stand corrected.

I don't have any as of yet but I have some planned and all of them have meaning.

I'm going to get:

A sleeve on my right arm starting from my wrist and fading into my palm and it goes up onto my shoulder. Its going to be the four guardian beasts of Chinese mythology. The date "Novemeber 11" faded into it with certain quotes that I haven't decided which ones yet. That date is not only my mas' birthday, but also the last day I saw her before I lost her. The quotes are important things she's said to me. Things I've remembered and written down. Its going to finish with the Dragon climbing up on my neck.

I'm going to have stars climbing up the underside of my left forearm for each friend I've either lost to suicide, accidents, or a hate crime of some sort. Each ones going to have a different colour for each person.

Across my collar bone is going to be the phrase "Live and let Live" as I do not believe in death but only growing in wisdom.

Between my hip bones (my very close friend, I don't think he knows how dearly I hold him, designed this one for me) is going to be "Vanity of Vanities" in Latin. Its in honor of my trans-ness. lol.

On my back (another friend designed this one for me) is going to be torn up angel wings in a spider web like design, it looks like their dripping blood. I've been through alot in my life. And several times I've been told "You should have died" "You should have bled out" "You shouldn't be alive from those accidents". I remember getting t-boned and actually getting out of the car. I was on the side that was hit, and having the cop and the paramedic look at me in disbelief (they later told me it was a miracle that I survived). I'm not being high and mighty on myself, but I've also been told that I might be a fallen angel. That I'm here for the defined reason of helping people. And Im far from done. So my friend designed these for me.

And leaning against my left shoulder blade is going to be Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas, acting as my conscience. I wasn't allowed to watch Disney growing up but my ma introduced me to this movie early in my life and loved it and I learned to love it just as much. So its another tribute to her.

Then I want an anklet of fox paws on both ankles and then a final paw over my wrist on my left forwarm above the stars.

Mainly above the stars so maybe my spirit will aid those souls as its aided me.

Yup. ^^

Thats all for now

Cheerz, Maxik
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50954&dateline=120056 4420[/SIGPIC]
    I'll share...but just with you...

I don't currently have any tattoos because I can never decide what I want and even when I decide what I want I can't decide where I want it.

I had this one done in henna for about a year on my calf but I never really liked where it was.

When I can decide where and what size I might actually get it done for real. There again it might never happen.....

Cathii
    [SIZE="1"]* I use the words trans-people / trans / trans community as interchangeable terms all meaning the same thing... CD's, TV's, drag queens, drag kings, transsexuals (MtF, FtM, post-op, pre-op), those that identify as gender queer, and those that don't identify as anything in particular... I just can't be bothered typing that out _all_ the time... [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathii View Post
    I don't currently have any tattoos because I can never decide what I want and even when I decide what I want I can't decide where I want it.

When I can decide where and what size I might actually get it done for real. There again it might never happen.....

Cathii
    Thats exactly my problem....i never know what to put where!!! so dont have one yet! but i really want one!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I want two koi fish swimming up stream on my right leg. Koi fish mean lots of things and for me I would like to mean change from female to male and luck. With them swimming up stream that means they are swimming against adversity. When I am totaly done with changeing my gender I will have the koi look like they have jumped on to my back and have my inteir back done with koi fish who have changed color to deeper viberant colors as well as a golden gate. As the fish are jumping they will take shape as dragons to watch my back from then on.

Thread revival!

My mother offered to pay for a tattoo as a birthday present. I'm thinking of getting something that represents my attachment to taekwondo and Korea, and also trying to incorporate some non-obvious trans symbolism. (That's because a. I want to be able to show it to my mom and b. in the future, I might not want to expose myself as trans every time someone sees it).

I've been looking into using the lambda symbol in it somehow, as I like the meanings I've been finding for it. I know for the TKD symbolism, I do not want to use the taegueki (the red and blue symbol in the center) as people would assume it was a flawed yin-yang.

I designed this, though I'd probably want it in color:

I'm not sure yet, though. Need to do more work.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Platinum Member
    love it Cai....totally...im still trying to come up with a Tat that i will get in NYC when i go, that incorporates the bulldog and trans symbol

The design keeps growing on me as I play with it. My roommate suggested going circular instead of linear. If I put the trigrams in a circle, but use the same basic design, I get this:
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hi24home View Post
    The design keeps growing on me as I play with it. My roommate suggested going circular instead of linear. If I put the trigrams in a circle, but use the same basic design, I get this:
    to be honest i prefer the first one lol

Platinum Member
    Ok i have a Tat request anyone looking in on this that is good at drawing, give me a PM lol

Maybe my brain's not working, but I don't really see a difference between the two designs apart from some spacing . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Maybe my brain's not working, but I don't really see a difference between the two designs apart from some spacing . . .
    Uh...yeah Lex, the spacing would be the difference.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    second one has wider spacing!

Uh...yeah Lex, the spacing would be the difference.
    Oh okay, that's it? I was looking for more drastic changes.

Now I wanna see it in color.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]