Thread: ruined my fun

Ronna's Evil Twin

ruined my fun

Whoa, let me tell you about this, girls!
    I just got all dolled up, the cuuuuutest
    black mini skirt, new jet black shiny
    pantyhose, linen-colored slingback heels,
    a lovely black lace top, and made up like
    a cupie doll (well I've never really seen
    one, but I've heard of them), and I was
    going to take a few pictures of myself
    because I like to study my progress and
    by keeping a photo record I can improve my
    look and look back and laugh...
    anyway, I tripped over my tripod and broke
    my camera! It's not like I had anywhere to
    go, it's just that I had a couple of hours
    to myself for "play-time," and I just bought
    the blouse today and I've been planning it
    all day, things were going so well, and now,
    waah! I just wanted to show you all how I
    could look. Not only that, but I have to
    buy a new camera now too.

My photo album is the way that I can enjoy
    dressing up when I can't dress up, which is
    most of the time. I can always look back and
    think about the next time and plan what I
    want to wear. It's fun to mix and match,
    make new outfits out of clothes you already
    have. I guess they call it "accessorizing."

Next time I hope to have a picture for you...

Sorry to hear about the camera. That is really bad luck. Look at the bright side. It's an opportunity to upgrade. Good luck.

That really sucks you tripped and nuked your camera. Sounds like something I would do. I knocked mine off the top of a cardboard box when I was taking shots of my shoes. LOL. It didn't hurt it, but the fall wasn't that far.

I need to buy a new camera too and got my eye on a Canon powershot A630. My camera is ok for outside scenery stuff but inside it just sucks on most shots.
    Weeeeeeee

Sorry to here about your camera problems. But Cupie Dolls had round patches of rough, for blush. Can you amagine having round patched of blush, instead of having it go from the cheek apple to the ear....BJ

I keep a camera repair shop in business. Tripods in confined spaces are a disaster. I feel your pain.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I take thousands of pics myself, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    I keep a camera repair shop in business. Tripods in confined spaces are a disaster. I feel your pain.
    I may have a unique situation, since I live alone most of the time. It takes me only a few minutes to set up a cheesy photo shoot area in my bedroom.

But, if u r as into CD pics as I am, u might try what I do. I set up a Mini DV digital movie camera on a tripod, of course! That allows me to move around and try various poses and positions, all by myself. Later, I go thru the movies on my computer using stop action. I grab any frame that I think looks promising. Later, I cull those when I see them full size. Not the same photo quality as still pics, but I get some real unusual, (good), pics this way. Another advantage: tapes r cheap and easily removed and hidden!
    RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Sorry about your camera -- and, of course, about your photo shoot being ruined for the day! But, there will be other days and more photo ops!!! Prior to the birth of my first grandchild, I took the opportunity to invest in a Sony Alpha DSLR -- what a great multi-functional camera!!! (And, of course, in the back of my mind I was thinking not only about tons of grandchildren photos, but also some photo shoots of Sheri!!!) So, look at buying a new camera as an opportunity to invest in something that will give you great use!!!
    Last edited by Sheri 4242; 11-08-2007 at 03:45 AM.
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Space Princess jessikasummerfox's Avatar
    It was not an expensive camera, was it? That would be a major bummer!
    Jessika!

I'm sorry to hear that, but I must agree, now you can upgrade and perhaps take even better pics.

My biggest worry when taking some pictures is catchting my foot on one of the tripod legs as I get ready for the "ten second dash"
    Still not too graceful in heels at any speed.

I know I would have cried if something like that happened to me.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Well Ronni we girls aren't very good with gadets-or at least certain gadets. I feel your pain dear.
    Recently i nuked my refrigerator, landlord is not going to be happy, I am such a Klutz. Good news is that that should make it easier for me lose weight. I want fit into smaller size. Let me know what camera you buy- I want to get a digital camera so I can take pix without worrying about camera tech knowing my business. When it comes to mechanical stuff i am clueless. Trying to find to a way to break the news to Him.

Hugs
    Chloe jean

Well that's a sucks don't it. Sorry to here about your camera. Maybe you could get a heavy duty tripod. I have a mini pod that you set on tables or what ever. That takes feet outa the picture. It fits right into my camera bag.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Ronna's Evil Twin
    Well it didn't turn out all that bad...even though I broke my $150 digital camera and have to buy a new one, I did cry about it, but I did get to wear my new skirt, it's just that it was all over so fast! So I borrowed another camera, put on my skirt again and took a picture to show you all. Thanks for your sympathy, I'm not all that graceful in heels, especially around tripods.

Ronni,

When you get the new camera, make sure that it has a programmable time delay. This a way kewl way to be able to take your time while walking to the focus zone...

All good things are worth waiting for

Nice picture that was worth the wait. I see that you paid attention to detail and have nicely shaved pits and your arms have a fit fem look in the picture, too.

Thanks for sharing.

Diana