Thread: Why Do I Have This Desire To Tell My Sis?

Why Do I Have This Desire To Tell My Sis?

After I cut my hair last nov. second, I thought I'd get away from the dressing for a bit. I did for a few months, now I'm dressing more often. I get strong urges to come out to my sister, I'm not sure why though. I think it's partly to apologize for using her clothes, it's also partly in hopes that she'll help me out with clothes and such. She's a very open-minded person, but there's always that small small chance of getting rejected by here, disowning me, etc. That would be very very bad, one of my few friends I have, heh. We get along really well.

Once after I took a shower(when I had long hair), my hair dried up and I let it down cause it was all afro-ish(thank you humidity). Just wanted to show her as a joke of my afroness. "wow, you look like a woman" she said, smiled and left the room. That was quite a compliment unbeknowst to her.

Also, previous to that she had jokingly asked me If she could dress me up cause she never had a little sister to do that too. I of course declined. since I'm 99% sure she was joking. I'll probably never know how that would have gone.

Anyways, I just needed to let some of this out, since it boogles in my mind ALL day long.

Edit: Since I'm so awesome, I put this in the wrong section, can someone move to MTF please.
    Last edited by Malena; 04-05-2005 at 08:52 PM.

If it's really eating at you, then tell her.

One day ask her if she'd like to dress you up, since she never had a little sister Say it like that.

If she says ok, to see if you're serious or kidding, then say ok right back.
    DonnaT

I wish it could be that simple, maybe after she moves out(which is happening soon =\ ). That way If it's awkward I won't have to face her everyday.

I'm guessing she already knows and she's offering you an opportunity to share it with her. If she loves you as much as you love her, it makes sense that she would already know this of you...

i used to have urges to come out to people... And I'm not exactly sure why. Whether it was because I was fed up of it just being something I do, that's secret, or whether it was to find acceptance in a friend.

I've told 4 of my friends, and most recently my gf and they all seemed pretty okay with it. Some took more of an interest than others, but I think you'll find most are okay about it, because they know the person rather than the stereotype of the CD.

If you're sister is jokingly wanting to dress you up, then I'd say she'd be okay with it. Whether she was joking or not, it would show that she's not going to be repulsed by it - and you never know, she may end up dressing you up!

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

girlie guy

my two sisters

I've had the same thoughts, about showing both my sisters how I look dressed up. I know this would be a shock to them, so it's probably a bad idea. It's just that ever since we were little, I actually had prettier features than either one of them (of course I don't have breasts), but I had shaplier legs, fuller, redder lips, longer, thicker eyelashes, long, shiny and wavy hair, and they used to comment about how jealous they were! That's probably why I now have this desire to show them, but I don't think I can.

It sounds like it would be fun to have a sister who would play "dolls" with you and dress or make you up! I still fantasize about my little sister, not in a sexual way but like we were sisters. I hope you can work something out. I think it's better than holding back secrets that you would like to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Malena
    I get strong urges to come out to my sister, I'm not sure why though. I think it's partly to apologize for using her clothes, it's also partly in hopes that she'll help me out with clothes and such. She's a very open-minded person, but there's always that small small chance of getting rejected by her
    I too am in the same position, the only person I would love to come out to is my sister. She is 2 yrs older than me and we have always been very close since we were small kids and the thought of her not accepting me would really hurt. I also feel very bad at keeping such a secret from her.
    One day I might pluck up courage but until then I will have to keep my secret to myself

emily

my sister used to give me her old clothes that did not fit her and my parents the penny pinchers thought that getting hand me downs was a good idea

Island Girl

Giving Them the Option

Quote Originally Posted by ronna
    I've had the same thoughts, about showing both my sisters how I look dressed up. I know this would be a shock to them, so it's probably a bad idea.
    Malena, Ronna, my gut is telling me that giving them the option would be way less shocking then just showing them. Put the ball in their court and let them return the serve, if you were to go for it.

If you do, we want picts, and to hear all about it

Best of luck.
    Dana

Malena, when all is said and done, it's up to you, girl! You know the situation far better than any one of us will ever know (at least in your own life). I do think Donna hit it on the head when she said that if it's really eating at you, you should really consider going forward with telling her. Trust you instincts!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Malena
    After I cut my hair last nov. second, I thought I'd get away from the dressing for a bit. I did for a few months, now I'm dressing more often. I get strong urges to come out to my sister, I'm not sure why though.

Sounds to me like you may be looking for acceptance and since she is open minded and one of your close friends, the urge is there to share what you like.

I think the others here have given you good council in that you can mention that time when she said she would like to dress you up. Ask her if she was serious in a way that it makes you look inquisitive and interested - - - and then let us know how it goes!
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

There are several issues here. Here are two that I can think of:

1) Can you trust her with a secret?

2) Do you really want her to know this? Unless she is a solid fundamentalist, or activist, or whatever, she will probably not reject you completely even if she disapproves. But, that doesn't mean you want this. Think that through.

donna stone
    We hear want we want to hear, as it suits us, dont jump in to this lightly. I dont know if Im one to be giving advise ,you will find me under the pile of clothes in the corner of the closet,its not about how your sister will deal with it though that is very importent. its about how you will,mostly women are very understanding .This is your sister, who woluld know better than you how she will react,judge it for yourself but be ready for the fallout should you get it wrong. Lifes a gamble if you dont bet you will never win. Anyway enough of the crap Ive felt since joining this forum the overwelming urge to run out and tell the world IM ONE OF THOSE CROSSDRESSING WEIRDOS AND F...............YOU ALL and beleve me this Im struggling with this even though I know this would split my marage up and maybe my son and daughter could live with it as long as I kept it quiet,my two brothers would feel as if it was some kind of judgment on them ie people will think if you know what I mean.If you need to come out then do so. You only have one life. In this forum I have found understanding and acceptance it gives me a feeling of euforia,I can say anything without judgment this is not the way of the out side world we live in though so hedge your bets and take things slowly but just to confuse you more{a what am I missing momment}{ the people on this forum who are out seem to be happier and more balanced than the rest of us}. So though I may not have made your choises any easier at least you know its not just you that is struggling with this dillema. I dont know if this will make any sense to you as this is more an emotional responce rather than an informed view. Im struggling with similar choises to you.So as Dave Alan says may your god go with you,and as I say keep walking past the open windows Ill be thinking of you Donna xx
    Ill be thinking of you Donna

The sexiest girl i know Shining Star's Avatar
    just ask her if she remembers the time that she asked you if she could dress you up as a girl and if she dose just say to her that you have changed your mind and you will let her dress you up if she still wants to. & if she says yes & while she is dressing you up just tell her that you have been dressing and needed to tell someone that you trust
    LET THE STARS BE YOUR GUIDE

It would be a GREAT IDEA to go ahead and let your sister know that you are a cross dresser.I think she already knows?Just her hints to you tell me this.Before my mummy caught me cross dressing she called me her little "boy girl" talk about dropping a hint!I never got it untill she caught me dressed up in her clothes then she told me that she knew since her clothes were always out of order.Needless to say I became her little daughter,& later just her daughter.She and I became vary close,& I loved her more than life itself.She really help me see that I could be anyone I wanted including TIMME.
    I really think you and your sister could become good friendS,& she enjoy dressing you up,& being a girl she could help you with your dressing,& to boot have wonderful times together,as brother,& sister AH! make that SISTERS!
    LOV
    TIMME