Thread: Taking better pictures

Taking better pictures

Many people note that that they take several photos, to get just a couple of "keepers" that are worth sharing.

One key to taking good photos is to look your best, but even then, some little things can ruin an other wise good shot. I'll rattle off a few and hopefully others will chime in to share some good tips.

I found that a lens level with my face or higher is more flatterin than one that shoots up at me.

I try not ot square off my shoulders toward the camera as this shows how wide they are.

I try ot rememeber to turn my hands to the side or at least keep all my fingers together to keep them small.

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

Good advice.

You have a lovely photo. I like your advice and agree with it. I have taken photos for various reasons, and have taken a few classes on photography. Sometimes it does take several good shots to get one that looks good. But when you look good, it is all worth it.

Another idea is to look at some of the professional shots of models in fashion magazines. Look at the faces and how they pose for the photo shoots. You can learn alot by looking at other photos as examples.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

I ask my wife to take the pictures. If she likes them, I'm happy. Even if they aren't great...BJ

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I love pics, keep those tips coming in!

My upper arms look very masculine from some angles, and better from others.
    Shots from the side accentuate your ribs, breasts, belly, butt, and waist. For better or worse. De-emphasizes your hips, shoulder width, biceps, calves and thighs. Depending on your build. Try some with your legs together, apart and in midstep for some variety. Shows off your heels, too.
    Try looking slightly up, down, or to the rite and left of the lens. Especially effective with your camera's situated a little above u.
    Dark gloves will make your hands look more feminine. White gloves can make them look bigger!
    RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

I subscribe to the monkey and the type writer theory... Figure if I snap a thousand photos one of them has to be feminine looking.. Hahahaha

My falback position is to hire a female stunt double.. Not cheap but great results!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I subscribe to the monkey and the type writer theory... Figure if I snap a thousand photos one of them has to be feminine looking.. Hahahaha

My falback position is to hire a female stunt double.. Not cheap but great results!!
    Is THAT why you look so good?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda1423 View Post
    Is THAT why you look so good?

Only my VISA card company knows for sure!! hehe
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos