Thread: Out for my first Walk in Public

Out for my first Walk in Public

I had a senior moment this evening, I go to a CD Meeting every 2nd Thursday of the month and I confused this thursday as being the second which it isn't of course.

I got myself dressed up for the evening out and drove out to the New Forest Hotel having braved leaving my place while it was still broad daylight (A first for me). When I got to the Hotel I noticed that there were no people about at all and then I released my mistake. I was not very happy as I had made the effort to go out, what could I do as it was still light.

I had often thought it would be great to walk along the beach near were I live and it came to me why not now! I used to walk my old dog along a certain beach in the evening and it was often empty, so I drove there, and no one was about. As it was very windy and cold I put my black leather jacket over my dress and keeping my flats on off I went.

I walked along the beach for about 20 mins, it felt great even with the cold biting wind whirling around me. I only saw one other person in the distance walking the dog and the main problem I had was emptying my shoes of sand.

Although it would have great if I had company with me, I enjoyed the walk it made the evening which would otherwise have been spoilt.

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Aspiring Member
    Katie, that sounds absolutely fantastic, I'm so peased for you what a great first time public, I hope that was just the begining

love and best wishes mand xxx

Katie,

I am very happy for you on your first time out in public. Like Mand I hope this is just a great bigining for you.

Richelle

Katie,

A great example of making lemonade when getting handed a lemon. Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. Are you already looking forward to the next time?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Thumbs up

Sounds like it was fun anyway! I'm curious, what type of outfit were you wearing?

Now that you have "broke the Ice" so to speak, it will be easier for you next time. At least it was for me.

Good luck

CindyT
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Katie, It sounds like you had a great time and I am so very happy for you. I only wish I had the guts and ability to go out. (I will never pass) I hope that this is just the start for you. Please keep us updated.

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Wow I wish I had the nerve to go out in daylight like that. I'm only just getting the nerve to go to a club at night.

Good for you girl !

Hi cindy

I was wearing a beige skirt, pink blouse, a light brown cardigan, tights bra and girdle with white pointed flats. I did wear my male black leather jacket and I needed it I would have frozen otherwise! I did have on make-up and a wig on -which blew about quiet a bit.

I will see how things go on weither i will do it soon, in a couple of months it will be too crowded with holiday makers

Thanks for all your comments girls.

Congrats! It's great to be out in public, even if the public didn't show. I agree that it will be easier for you next time. Just think, you get to do it all over again in just a few days!

Tristen Cox
    Katie way to go, now that's a good idea(like maybe cause I live in Florida?) I'll bet the wind stirred as did your emotions. I love it!

Perspective is a wonderful thing.

Your story reminds me of one of my own. A friend of mine called me up one day and asked if I wanted to go to a huge, major gunshow with him and another friend. I knew what show he was refering to and indeed, it was a major show at that particular hotel facility in a major Florida city.

Anyway, we packed up all of our stuff and headed out. We drove for two hours and finally arrived at the hotel. We parked in the underground garage, grabbed all of our guns, and headed in to check out the activities. As we walked about with all of our weapons, some slung over our shoulders, the three of us, we came to realize no one else was around carrying any firearms. Yes, like you, my buddy had picked the wrong day!

After we hurried back to the vehicle we all just kind of looked at one another and thought; I can't believe we just walked completely through a major hotel in a major city without the first person saying anything to us or even giving us a second thought - how completely bizzare! We actually felt quite fortunate.

Where's the perspective? Well, it's like this; what would you rather be caught doing, dressing in women's clothing or walking through a major hotel carrying all kinds of firearms and weapons???

Sounds good!! Well done

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Good Story Carrah

Just one thing that couldn't happen in the UK you would be arrested within minutes for just carrying firearms like that.

Still you must know how I felt when I turned up at that Hotel.

Knowing how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Katiegirl
    Good Story Carrah

Just one thing that couldn't happen in the UK you would be arrested within minutes for just carrying firearms like that.

Still you must know how I felt when I turned up at that Hotel.

I'm bringing this thread back to the front of the line because yes, I do know how you felt in a way. I have not been as fortunate as you to walk along a beach dressed, but I do know what it feels like to get away with it. I find myself quite envious of you and others who are able to do what you did on that day, but I think what takes a little of the enjoyment out of it is the fear of being caught. Wouldn't it be nice to let our eyes relax and our heart rates to fall to normal levels for once?

Being caught dressed is, surprisingly, geographically significant. If I were to be caught on a beach in Florida just 50 minutes from my home, I would be just fine. However, were I to be caught in my front yard, I would have Fag, Pervert, and a variety of other terms spray painted across my garage doors that very same night!

It's odd, but true...

Hello Katie
    Somehow or other I missed your initial thread.
    I am sorry you picked the wrong Thursday at the New Forest Hotel but braving going out in the daylight for the first time obviously inspired you to take your walk along the beach....congratulations.
    If you are thinking of making a second trip to the Hotel this Thursday, I will be there so come over and say hello.

Brenda XXX
    Brenda Elizabeth
    A Mayflower lass

Hello Brenda

Yes I do intend going this Thursday, so hopefully I will see you there

I am very happy for you on your first time out in public.

I do NOT go out of the house, I would like to now how do you get ready to go out NOT what you put on in clouths but how do you know when is the right TIME I'm afrad the someone would now me as a man. One day I would like to try it see the big thing is my face looks more man then girl even with make-up on and I'm 50 and about 240 how do you deal with that ?

Bonnie

I'm 56 so age is not a barrier - if you want to go out can I suggest you find a Transgender Group within driving distance.

If you decide to go to the meeting and are afraid you will be seen then put all your male cloths over your fem underwear and drive to the venue. Most TG venues have a changing area where you can put the rest of fem cloths on.

Start like that and gradually you will have the confidence to do more.

Hope that helps

Mind of a woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Hi Katie,
    Good for you going out dressed.I have done this on several occasions.My most memorial occasion was when I decied to go take a walk in the park in town.It's a large park usually lot of people around,& it has several hiking and walking trails.I got dressed up maybe a little too nicely in one of my many ladies office suits since this is the way I dress at home.There were a lot of people enjoying a nice summer day in the city park.I was pretty nervious but I said the hell with it and took off walking.I met several people on the trails no one said a thing on how I was dressed.Even a couple of guy sitting along the trail on a bench I heard one of them say wow! is she fine number.It made my heart raced.I loved the remark,but I was terrorfied they try to pick up on me,so I walked a little faster,& that was that The walk went with out any further ado.I enjoyed my walk in the public dressed up as TIMME. HUGS!