Thread: "Passable" Feminine Attire?

"Passable" Feminine Attire?

I would like to be able to wear some more "feminine" attire to work and out in public (whenever I can't wear dresses, wigs, heels, etc. and really be "en femme") but I don't want my attire to "give me away" as a CD-er at least not at work because I'm definitely NOT "out" about my TG identity at work nor is it really the kind of environment where I can safely be "out" about it (I work for CPS). Has anybody else gotten by with wearing "feminine" attire (outside) at work or in public without it being recognized as wearing "womens clothing?" I've been thinking about getting some nice womens casual slacks and jeans for starters (and of course some panties to wear underneath) but I was wondering what else might be available (i.e. shirts)to create a more "lively" outfit for work and in public that wouldn't be immediately recognized as obviously "feminine" to other people-or am I probably going to get pegged as wearing "womens clothing" no matter what? I realize that coming to work and/or going out in public with a "flaming" pink shirt and certain other types of of clothing might make it more "obvious" that I'm wearing "womens clothing" but what kinds of womens clothing might be "passable?" Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Wink

Hi Steph! I often wear femme attire out and about without my wigs make-up, etc., You hit the secret right on the money. Just don't be flamboyant.
    I'll wear nice slacks and cotton (not silky) blouses. Slacks frm Lee and Dockers, Jeans in Blue, black, brown, green are not a give away, yet you feel so great in them. A sweater can cover the your blouses if they have princess seems, or obviously femme collars or cuffs. But remember, to make it count as a full undercover femme outing you can only wear women's sweaters-- once again, style is important. Be prudent
    As for underwear, I always go with panties and pantyhose. Keep that tuck!
    I like to wear a bra also, but you've got to be careful there. I suggest Vanity Fair styles that have stretchable (in other words flat) cups. When I can't get away with the bra I always wear silky Ts or camisoles underneath my blouse.
    Footwear-- again, got to be femme--- you can find female shoes that are flat or only slightly raised which can pass as men's. Socks--- I also only wear ladies socks. They are fun to pick out, Just be somewhat conservative and be careful not to pull them on too tight, or combined with your nylons they'll make your toes sore!
    Makeup? Yeah-- you bet. Foundation, neutral eye-shadow, and a hint of lip gloss complete the picture. The amount must be undetectable, but I know it's there and it makes me feel complete. Oh, consider Secret deodorant in Shower Fresh or Misty Rain. They aren't flowery smelling, yet they allow you to feel fully femme.
    Be confident and inwardly proud knowing you are a gal in a man's world.
    Marie

I live in Vancouver Wa (near portland OR.)
    ive actually been wondering the same kind of stuff. so you weard foundation without anyone noticing?

Banned Read only
    I have been wearing womans jeans to work for years and no one had noticed, or at least no one has said anything. In fact I am wearing my new low rise boot cut Levi's to work today

Just avoid the very feminie styles and fancy stitching or lables of known womans only brands.

I have to say that on this topic I very much agree with the other girls. I have been wearing girls jeans and tops for a few months now and have not had a bit of problem. Though I must say that I have noticed that I am more careful of what I do when I am wearing them as apposed to wearing my mens jeans and such. As for under, I have been wearing panties for about two years and never wear anything else. I don't even own any mens underwear and I haven't had a bit of problem with wearing a sports bra under my clothes as long as I am wearing something heavy to help hide the straps. I also wear cami's from time to time with no problem but I am looking to add some tanks to my collection of lingerie due to the fact that I very selpom go anywhere without a tshirt of somekind under what I am wearing.

I have also been paying close attention to places that I can get pants that will fit my height and have found three places that have them in general places. Believe it or not The Gap, Victoria's Secret, and St. John's Bay all three carry pants with a 36" inseam which is what I wear. I have found some 34" that fit ok but I prefer jeans that cover the tops of my shoes.

I have also been experimenting with makeup at work with some success as well as painting my nails. Though I must admit that the place that I work is pretty progressive. Two of my suporvisors are homosexual. One is completely open about it and everyone knows and likes him and the other is a woman that is not necessarily open about it but it is quite obvious that she is so even if there were questions about what I was wearing I don't think that the reaction would be to serious. I would say just be concervative about what you wear and watch the pants that are obviously feme cut. Things like back pockets are a give away for sure and tags with feme brands are for sure another.

huggs
    anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

I have gone out a few times in some of my wife's khaki pants, hose, keds, and a cotton collared blouse. No one notices. I have seen a person or two look at my ankles or shoes or something. I have gone out in shorts and hose and no one seemed to notice. I have talked to a lady at a perfume counter (buying a Christmas present for my wife) and the clerk was facing me with nothing between us. I asked her what brand her hose were and we talked for a minute or two about her hose. She never took a look at my shaved, hosed legs. Go figure. I have heard guys say that they have had similar experiences while wearing taupe hose.

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6427

I have to been wearing thongs and panties for about 10 years now. I also do not own a pair of mens underwear. Over the last couple of years I have ben wearing my low-rise jeans either to work or on weekends. I think I have also got a look or two because the jeans are so tight on the upper part and flare out at the bottom. I also own all womans sneakers. All my socks are womans. I have also changed my business clothes to womans what I can. I do not wear a sports bra to work I wear a regular bra to work. It the winter time I wear a lot of womans turtlenecks to work. It the summer time I wear shits with a bra underneath all the time and my shorts seem to be getting shorter also. Maybe got a look or two but no one said anything. Just thought I would pass along what I have been doing

Jessica

Yep, jeans. I wore a straight legged pair for several months without any problems. A few months ago I tried on a pair of low rise boot cut jeans from Old Navy which nicely covered my womans shoes. I wear womans light fleece coat (Land's End/Sears) which conceals any evidence of my lightly padded bra, blouse and pink belt. I've been out several times in this ensemble and haven't noticed any reactions from anyone.

-Sigrid

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

How do you wear a bra to work without anyone noticing? Do you wear a white bra or a colored one? And also where do you find long sleaved shirts with long enough arms?

I wear womans pants to work weekly and panties daily. I'd like to add more girls clothes to the list. I have to be careful, I am middle managment and don't need the wrong attention.

Exclamation

I too have worn womens panries and hose to work. However I have refrained from the urge to do so . I don't wont to confuse my two personalities or mix it all up. So it's all macho stuff at work . And totally girley stuff for fun. And girls just because they aren't saying anything doesn't mean they don't know
    what you are wearing. I had to feel sorry for one of my school teachers which was caught by the principle wearing a black lacy braw under a white shirt many years ago .I was standing in line looking at the principle say charles what in the hell is that under you'r shirt!

I can only reaffirm what the other ladies have already said. Most GG's wear clothing to work that is comfortable and appropriate for the situation. Unless they are strippers or exotic dancers, the idea is not to draw attention to themselves (thus the appropriate stipulation)... at least in the workplace.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Thanks everybody for the wonderful advice. I appreciate it.

I wear womens low rise flared jeans in public all the time. And I like the real girly ones too. The ones without a front or back pocket. Those are a dead give away that they are womens! And they show a nice panty line too!