Thread: Teach Me To Talk.

Teach Me To Talk.

after reading alot of threads out how many off you girls go out dressed i often wonder what happens when you speak, if your any thing like me i have a very deep voice, i can pass for a girl in looks but if i was to open my mouth then it would be game over, i have tryed to change the tone in which i speak but it just dont work, can any one help and tell me of any ways i can achieve the voice that gose with my looks, or dose any one else have the same problem, and how do they get round it. love linda

Talking the Talk

It's really hard! The best tip I've come across is this: talk in falsetto (you know, Minnie Mouse) and keep lowering the pitch till you get to your lowest falsetto before your voice breaks. Your voice should be coming from the same place in your throat that you feel when you gargle. That's the "sweet spot" for your female voice. I know, it sounds loopy, but try it. Next: keep it short and sweet. With practice, you can master a few words that will get you through most situations. Shopping? "Cash" and Thanks" are all you need. Remember to SMILE and act confident, if you look like a girl, people are going to assume you're a girl, and their perceptions will give you the benefit of the doubt. And PRACTICE! It's fun!

Departed
    Linda,

I just spent a weekend out on the town. I went to places where no other CDs were (except Jacki) and I met a lot of non CD people. Not once did I try to use a fem voice. My voice is very deep and I knew trying to use a fem voice would have just made me look ridiculous. The funny thing is I never once thought about how I sounded. It was just me being me.

One thing Jacki and I totally agree on is we were treated far better en femme than either of us ever has been in male mode even though we made no effort to disguise our voices.

I called her tonight to see if she was available to go out tomorrow night but she's booked Friday and I'm booked Saturday. DAMN! Oh well maybe next weekend.

Julie

I don't have a particularly deep voice but it's still not easy to mimic a female one. I've tried but to be honest I just feel silly. I've passed reasonably well at times from a distance but let's face it, when you are at the till of a shop or in a restaurant extremely few of us can really pass. So I don't even bother trying. It's actually quite amusing to see peoples reaction when they aren't quite sure. To me it isn't a big issue, just the fact that I've managed to get where I'm going without a problem is fulfilling in itself.

Jenny B