Thread: Feminine vs Masculine Traits

Island Girl

Feminine vs Masculine Traits

K. Can we come up w/a list of FEMININE TRAITS and MASCULINE TRAITS? Some are going to be obvious, some debateable, some androgynous. Let's try to keep actions out of this or for another thread.

I raised this issue (people are not 100% feminine or masculine, but a mix of both) to my wife the other night and immediately drew a blank as I tried to think of what they are.

Not even a senior and already having senior moments...
    Dana

Tristen Cox
    Not actions? Hmmm well somebody's got to have an answer here. Maybe I'm getting senile too and I'm just a youngin

Keeping actions out of it? I thought those WERE the traits. All the rest is dressing, surely. What is it you are asking?

Platinum Member
    masculine trait............cash flow......

feminine trait............spending it.....

"Traits" are what other people perceive, not exclusive male or female gender trends.

Male traits include standing with feet apart and toes pointed outward. Male traits are crooked or large nose, lower eyebrows, thinner lips, larger ears, broader shoulders, no hips, longer upper torso, larger feet, pronounced adams apple, hair on hands and fingers, deeper voice, and I'm sure I missed a few. These are all the male traits we CD's try hard to overcome on a regular basis and for the most part, we all share. Many can be overcome with little work, some with practice, and some we cannot overcome and are simply genetic misfortune (I suppose). I have a rather large Adam's Apple, very broad shoulders, a Kirk Douglas chin dimple, and overall could only really pass (maybe) as a female bodybuilder if I managed to do something with my face.

Let us not find frustration in those aspects of crossdressing that we cannot seem to instantly resolve, but rather let us find enjoyment in those aspects of it we ARE able to eventually conquer and resolve.

I often wonder; will I be as interested in CD'ing if and/or when I ever master it? As with most things in my life, once I've nailed it I tend to move on. This may be precisely why I have come back to it time and time again; sort of an unfinished project...

Quote Originally Posted by Carrah
    ...I often wonder; will I be as interested in CD'ing if and/or when I ever master it? As with most things in my life, once I've nailed it I tend to move on. This may be precisely why I have come back to it time and time again; sort of an unfinished project...
    Perhaps another masculine trait?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

satin lover

more "sensual" .vs. "sexual", eh?

"Feminine" .vs. "masculine"? Think the difference is "sensual" .vs. "sexual". Just note the average after-coitus mind state of your average couple.

My simplified perception is that people are born male or female, but evolve to be masculine or feminine based on lots of things. I've seen butch gals and efemminite guys, so we have free choice, mostly. Being feminine is being soft and tender, loving caresses, loving fragrant scents and smooth fabrics. Being masculine has the connotation of STRENGTH, firmness in manner and opinion.

The best of people have a good blend of both characteristics and/or can swap in and out of their masculine/feminine personas as the need arises.

Island Girl

Where Am I Going w/This?

It came about from thinking about the gender ID test and the results suggesting that "a partial step towards greater feminine expression might lead to greater
    happiness". Carrah's definition seems right as it is from a genetic perspective. Webster's goes in circles saying that a trait is a "distinquishing charateristic", then defines a charateristic as a "distinquishing trait or quality". Whereas character yields "behavior typical of a person". Behavior is action. So that told me squat.

OK, let's talk about actions too since the line is so blurry.

Some of the feminine traits (that I am practicing) are: Pruning eyebrows and keeping other body hair neatly groomed. Walking w/hips as opposed to like an ape, expressing more feelings and sympathy as opposed to not expressing feelings or being limited to happieness and anger, listening and giving support as opposed to solving the problems

I came to realize that we, as a class of unique people, are very lucky. Being blessed w/both masculine and feminine, we make the world a better place. While in male mode, I express these traits, which makes me a better person.

What are some of your traits that you express, that you have adopted as a whole, regardless of which mode you are in?

The traits that I have thought about are these:

Masculine: thinking of things for their usefulness
    Feminine :Thinking in terms of relationships

Yes people think of other people sometimes as "what can they do for me" (masculine)
    Whereas others think "how can I relate to this, where does it fit inside of who I am" (feminine)

Masculine "what can I do"

Fem. "Who can I be"

How's that for traits?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Ok Aloha Dana,
    Here's my masculine traits dressed as a woman.To broad of shoulders eye brows nothing done to them,hairy hands,way I walk too manily%$#@!! oh well! Make up not to great little breard shadow,my masculine voice ugg! that real bad news! Too much hair everywhere.Is that enough manily traits for you.I'm not trying to be a woman just dress like one to a extent.I'll tell you this I'll never trade my masculinity for anything I like being a man in real life.Guess you call me a bad cross dresser too bad!
    hugs
    TIMME
    ARIZONA!