Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiding places

Hiding places

I was wondering what the weirdest places are that people have found to hide their stash, be it big or small. My first pair of stockings, bought with trembling hand when I was about 13, was stuffed into a small plastic sachet (the kind that banks use for coins), and hidden just inside the disused coal bunker outside my father's house. I would go back to it week after week, as and when I got the chance, and find it damper and damper, and more and more mildewy - but I had nowhere more secure at that time! (More pathetically, I was so ignorant that I didn't even know about suspender belts and kept wondering why the things wouldn't stay up.)

It's all rather sad, but we have an ingenious bunch of people here, and it would be interesting to know if you have any 'hiding' stories.

Kisses,

Lucy
    A Work in Progress...

Windswept and interesting

hiding places....

Over the years I have had a few, but the best two were in a bag in the disused ducted vacuum cleaning system when I was 15.
    The other was in the ceiling just near the man-hole, which was right outside my bedroom door and easy to get to with a chair and tip-toes.

My place

I never hide much, I wore my mom's and sister clothes until I was about 15. Once I had an job and a car, I was able to purchase my own items. I woulds hide would I could on the inside of sport coats and winter coats that would hang in my closet.

Once that I have moved in with my g/f of many years I would hide my clothes in a box marked "taxes" that was in my closet. I have yet to come out to her, she does not want to be involved in my crossdressing whats so ever. I have several boxes marked taxes in my closet. I am happy that she is somewhat accepting.

Michelle

Ah bless ! such innocence! ha ha i used to hide mine in my LP collection box , along with my girlie mags !!
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Inside my subwoofer of my audio system. The wife never found some of my things in there and it only took 6 screws to get at it.

So glad I can share the closet with her now and now longer have to hide my things.

Petra
    [SIZE="3"]Lovin everthing CD[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Hey, Dont bother me I'm dressing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I Feel like an actress in her greates role ever "LIFE"[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    Haa, I thought I was the only one to hide stuff in a speaker enclosure. I used to have a big roll away tool box that I made a false bottom in one of the drawers and had stuff in there. I have used a false ceiling (the kind with the removable tiles). I also had a dresser when I was a kid that I put an actual bottom in, that way you could pull out the bottom drawer and put stuff in the bottom without anything coming out if the dresser was moved around. I also had a locking cabinet in my garage, it was marked "flammable" "laquer thinner" (also a good cover for the smell if my nail polish were to ever spill). The jack well in my truck, a filing cabinet, my desk, and I can guarantee there were other places.
    Erika Leigh

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    When I was a teen, I hid my stuff in the corner in my closet under other stuff. When I was in the Military, I hid my stuff in a bag with the spare tire in the trunk. 1st marriage, I just used her stuff, second marriage I hid my stuff in a pillow case stuffed in my bass drum, and with my current wife, I do not hide at all
    Drumming, My other hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Bright View Post
    I was wondering what the weirdest places are that people have found to hide their stash, be it big or small. My first pair of stockings, bought with trembling hand when I was about 13, was stuffed into a small plastic sachet (the kind that banks use for coins), and hidden just inside the disused coal bunker outside my father's house. I would go back to it week after week, as and when I got the chance, and find it damper and damper, and more and more mildewy - but I had nowhere more secure at that time! (More pathetically, I was so ignorant that I didn't even know about suspender belts and kept wondering why the things wouldn't stay up.)

It's all rather sad, but we have an ingenious bunch of people here, and it would be interesting to know if you have any 'hiding' stories.

Kisses,

Lucy
    I've got something in my eye ok!!!

Just a dust thing.

You poor thing. I never hid any girly things because I never had any when I was living with other people but that is such a touching story.

In the loft/s all had been hidden,i hate lofts to creepy,but at one house i lived the loft had a few large bags of female clothes already there,christmas came early that year.

Quote Originally Posted by katieblush View Post
    In the loft/s all had been hidden,i hate lofts to creepy,but at one house i lived the loft had a few large bags of female clothes already there,christmas came early that year.
    Damn, thats where i left everything when i moved!!

When I was young and stupid I hid the things under my bed. It didn't take my mother very long to find it. After that I hid it up over the cieling. No one ever found that.

Now I am married and there is no more hiding, Thank god.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Damn, thats where i left everything when i moved!! (op deborah jane).

Deborah jane, hay that looks like the same house in your pic,had you just been up to the loft,

Celtic Woman in training SiobhanW's Avatar
    I had two unusual places. When I was in high-school I had a briefcase and a satchel for my books. When I was using one, the other was storage for my stash. The other place, we had a bungalow where there was a small amount of unused loft space at one end of either upstairs bedroom, in the back of the closet and reached by a sort of trap door. I had my stash in a plastic bag inside the room belonging to my sister.
    It takes a real woman to handle this man, in a dress!
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "Let me guess....on your bedroom floor?"
    "No, ON ME!"

When I was a kid, in my closet I cut out a small piece of sheetrock. It faced inward to the closet so that it was almost impossible to notice. If anyone did look at that area it was hard to notice that it was cut out because I used the cut out piece as a little entry. It was pretty seamless. Also, we had the top part of an old grainery and it was double-walled. I didn't have to modify it, as it had access from the top. When I got out of the military, my old house and the grainery both had been torn down. In one of those places was a black satin bra overlayed with lace and was ruched in the middle. It was very sexy for the 60's. Dang I miss that bra.

These days I hang my stuff in with the wifes.....

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

when i was living at home with my parents and sibs, my dad sawed some floorboards out of the attic so he could repair some wiring, that left a space of about 11 inches deep. i found a box that fit perfectly between the joists, and when dad finished the job he laid a peice of plywood in the opening but never nailed it in. i hid my stash in that box under the floor. when i hid my stash from spouse no 1 and 2 i would use the cold air duct and also built a small lockable closet under the basement stairs

I would have to say an old corn crib

I also used a sub woofer, and here I thought I was the only one. When I was 12 I had a basement bedroom with ceiling tile, I loosened a tile and kept my stuff up there. The funny thing is when we moved, I didn't take the stuff in the ceiling, I have often wondered what happened to it, oh to be a fly on the wall then.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

my first teen hiding spot was in a guitar case, that had the front zipper pocket, large enough to fit a magazine and books in. Then in woodshop class i built a box contraption that worked much better. all the while i was building it i know what would be hidden, so i made it so it could be double locked.

When I was a kid and living with my parents I hid a small collection of stuff in a lock box. After getting married I hid the stuff in a box in the attic of our first house and now in suitcase in a back corner of the basement.

When we lived in WV, the house had a basemant. I accidently noticed that when they finished one part, they did not extend the closet all the way to the wall. As result there was an opening about 3X5 feet in size betweent the end of the closet and the wall. So I put in a concealed door in the inside of the closet. Used plywood to floor and side the opening. Now I had a 3X5 foot area to keep all my fem clothing. I put in rods so I could hang my dresses, skirts, blouses. A shoe rack for my shoes and even a small counter to hold my makeup and jewlery. I even added a light and wired it to the same switch that controled the closet light. Now we live in Dallas, TX. Never told the new owner about this little room, so it sure to be a suprise if they ever find it. LOL

I hide some stuff in one drawer of my dresser--my wife never goes in it. The rest--what won't fit in the dresser--is in the basement. My wife never goes down there (she can't manage the stairs), so it's a secure place.

My dad had built us a large HO scale train set (20'x4'), complete with landscaping. As a teenager, I started stashing my stuff inside the landscaping, using one of the interior access holes. I always wondered if i ever got it all out of there, but my parents never said anything.

Jaydee

I use the housing for my centrifuge caster to hide a few of my clothes in that is in my workshop, the rest I keep in a box in our Public Storage.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    When we lived in WV, the house had a basemant. I accidently noticed that when they finished one part, they did not extend the closet all the way to the wall. As result there was an opening about 3X5 feet in size betweent the end of the closet and the wall. So I put in a concealed door in the inside of the closet. Used plywood to floor and side the opening. Now I had a 3X5 foot area to keep all my fem clothing. I put in rods so I could hang my dresses, skirts, blouses. A shoe rack for my shoes and even a small counter to hold my makeup and jewlery. I even added a light and wired it to the same switch that controled the closet light. Now we live in Dallas, TX. Never told the new owner about this little room, so it sure to be a suprise if they ever find it. LOL
    Gosh, I now picture a scenario where the new lady of the house comes across this stash and accuses her hapless husband of being a cross-dresser. Something like that must have happened some time, some place, I guess.

I can't tell you how impressed I am at all your DIY skills, by the way! I'm quite a stereotypical girl in that way - well, I would be except that I can't knit or sew either... And it's beginning to look like half the world's woofers are stuffed with lingerie! It's a strange world we live in, ladies.

Kisses,

Lucy
    A Work in Progress...