Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys with lipstick?

Guys with lipstick?

After a CDing session I took off my wig and outfit. Then I put on men's clothes but still had my foundation and lipstick on. Looking at myself, I thought guys would look a little better with lipstick on! Has anyone tried going out with lipstick in drab? Don't you think we'd look cuter?

Almost always wear lipstick in drab. I use a somewhat neutral shade and find that I don't get sunburned or chapped lips (that's the excuse if you need one.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lipstick, a few times i have put my make up on in the car when in drab,and somehow it just did not feel right for me.

How about looking obvious that you have lipstick on? I usually love beautiful bright red colored lipsticks! And my favorites are Revlon!

I love the taste, feel and look of lipstick. I wear it occasionally when I'm in drab, I wipe it off before I have a drink or a meal, don't want to irritate the poor dishwashers.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Actors and tv personalities wear lipstick on screen, why not us in public?
    Jill

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

oops!

I have a burgundy lipstick that perfectly matches my natural lip color. I realized one day in putting it on that when it was very light I couldn't see it, but it felt great. So the next day I tried putting on a very light coat, and it really blended in so well I went out the door. I stopped for a coffee and just before I put the paper cup to my lips I realized that I was about to give away that I had lipstick on! One good gulp of coffee and the red ring would be there for everyone to see!

But it did feel great, just that I needed the coffee more!!!

tina

I always wear a clear coat lipstick

They have a clear coat lipstick to really gloss up your lips I use it everyday and find it really helps my lips.Joann

Makeup just generally accentuates facial features in a flattering way. I fancy myself to be a semi-creative person and I don't see why I shouldn't get to paint my face! Unfortunately, wearing lipstick in drab mode would probably make most people think I'm trying to make some kind of a statement.

A particular shade I've found, L'Oreal # 165 tickled pink , is a very close match to my natural lip color. Of course they look a bit more shiny than with nothing, but they'd also look like that if I was using some clear lip balm.
    One nice thing about this lippy is that it seems to dry rather quickly so I don't usually leave the "tell tale" BRAND on a coffee cup, unless I slather it on and have a sip within a minute.
    The downside to this brand is that it doesn't seem to last long, (maybe I simply lick it off too quickly). Have to reapply quite often. which doesn't bother me at all.
    In fact, I've gotten rather good at reaching for it in my bag, opening it, and applying with one hand while driving, and not looking in the "makeup mirror". (gotta keep your eyes on the road)
    (tried mascara once while driving, NEVER again, almost blinded myself and had an accident)
    So to answer the question ... yes I do wear lipstick while in drab.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Aspiring Member
    Makeup is about improving your looks, so I say yes you can. I wear foundation and no one ever knows. It's called the right color, in the right amout for a flawless skin look. I have no idea why guys don't wear makeup really. Nothing say I'm a man like looking ugly I guess.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Gold Member
    No way for me, when in drab I am drab, heck even most of the women I know don't use it.

I wear makeup when I'm out in drab very often. I use a beige eye shadow, black mascara, face power to balance my skin tone and a lipstick that matches my natural lip color. I think I look better with the makeup than without. And it's such a natural look that no one has ever noticed and it's that the goal when going for the every day look.

Brianne

I wear lipstick everyday, even to work. Then too it is almost the same color as my natural lip color, so it is not noticable. I would love to be able to wear a Passion Pink or Red while in drab, but that might not go over to great.

i wear lippy most days, just a light neutral shade with a little mascara, although my young son seen it once and asked why i was wearing it, just told him it must of been when i kissed my wife. just got a strange look from him

oh oh

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    After a CDing session I took off my wig and outfit. Then I put on men's clothes but still had my foundation and lipstick on. Looking at myself, I thought guys would look a little better with lipstick on! Has anyone tried going out with lipstick in drab? Don't you think we'd look cuter?
    I think we would look cuter. One day I was trying on some dresses for a party on the week end and I suddenly remembered I needed to get a few things at the store and put on my drab and went to the store and i noticed a few stares and I thought " you are just being paranoid " until I got home glanced in the mirror and discovered I still had full makeup and lipstick on. Oh my God was my first reaction then I laughed. I guess I got to seeing as being cuter I'm not sure
    Kahlan

[SIZE="2"]Yep, Have many times! I stay with a color that is near the natural color of my lips. Feels gooood.[/SIZE]
    Vivian

Yeah, we've come a long way from "Suzie Chapstick" I think.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

At the moment, I am using a lip care product which also gives a pearly shimmer.

I have never understood why men do not wear makeup - its purpose is to enhance your face regardless of your birth gender.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Often a simple lip gloss while out and about- with sparkles! Just play it off when need to tht it is for my chapped lips!! Obvious lipstick while en drab? I wish

One of the rare occasions HIM looking at least as good (cuter and cooler) than HER.

Yes, he is my avatar

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    Hmm, for me no. Not in drab, just doesn't fit, doesn't feel comfortable or flattering. There is a time and place for everything and for me lip stick/gloss is for en femme only.

Former Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    No way for me, when in drab I am drab, heck even most of the women I know don't use it.

I wish I could get my wife to wear lipstick!

Um. No. But, whatever floats your boat
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Tried it once in college in a very light shade. some people noticed and asked me about it and I said that it was my GF.

Yes I chickened out.