Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found Myself Getting Annoyed.

Found Myself Getting Annoyed.

My daughter has a Xmas night out coming up and she does not feel the need
    to get get all dolled up for it. This led to a interesting conversation with her last night.

Her attitude was why do I have wear a dress or skirt to this. I do not like wearing skirts or dresses, why can I just wear trousers/pants and a top. We found the conversation going down the road of me saying look at all the wonderful clothes you woman have to choose from and the vast majority
    of girls/ladies nowadays are always seen in jeans/trousers and t-shirts.
    What is wrong with you, I wish I had that choice. I asked what is wrong with being a little feminine now and again. It seems femanimity is a thing of the past.

Anyways she is sticking to her guns and not wearing a dress or skirt.

What I found most surprising about this conversation was how annoyed I was becoming on the inside that she has all this wonderful clothing to choose from but is only interested in jeans and t-shirts.

Just to let you know she does not know about Vicky.

For us, getting the chance to wear something pretty is a special thing, a special time. For women, it's an everyday thing with little or none of the joy we associate with it.
    Give me a pretty skirt instead of blue jeans anyday!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    For us, getting the chance to wear something pretty is a special thing, a special time. For women, it's an everyday thing with little or none of the joy we associate with it.
    I agree with you now to get past that big slab of wood blocking my escape.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

I see that most women are put off with the effort to get dolled up. I think that a lot of American men and women really don't care as much about their overall appearance as they did ,say, 20 years ago. For example, my wife loves dresses and gowns, but only wears them while on stage (she is a vocalist with a band) or to a REALLY special occasion. Makeup always, Jeans and tops mostly ,dresses rarely.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Your jeolousy is quite understandable, but if you wish you could wear what you want when you want then shouldn't you allow your daughter the same?

Quote Originally Posted by battybattybats View Post
    Your jeolousy is quite understandable, but if you wish you could wear what you want when you want then shouldn't you allow your daughter the same?
    Damn.......a very valid point.

Oh well there goes my arguement blown out of the water in one foul swoop......

There are worst thing in life then you girl wearing pants you like to wear dresses and skirts so let her wear what she likes
    Angie

My wife is into slacks and flats as well. I certainly can't force her wear dresses and heels and I wouldn't even if I could. I've even gotten over my 'disappointment' with her not wearing more feminine clothes. However, this realization has also led me to understand that I can wear what I want--even if that includes lipstick, dresses and heels.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar

I wonder

I wonder what cd's will be wearing in 100 years.... there may be no difference in clothes then. Maybe they'll be searching junk stores for our cast-offs

You should have told your daughter (as a joke) that if she thinks it's ok for her to wear pants all the time, does that mean you can wear a skirt?

I know men still love to see women in a dress or a skirt. I've had a few compliments on my outfits from men. Just a few weeks ago, I had a waiter at a small restaurant where I usually have lunch tell me that he likes seeing me come in because I always look so nice, and that I'm one of the few girls that eat there that still wears a skirt. At the time, he was enjoying a look at my legs which looked very nice in my short red wool skirt.

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    you won't be saying that when it's -20 outside ..that cold wind blows right up your skirt ..you'll know it

[QUOTE]
    Your jeolousy is quite understandable, but if you wish you could wear what you want when you want then shouldn't you allow your daughter the same??
    [QUOTE=skirt_lover;1108209]
    Damn.......a very valid point.

Oh well there goes my arguement blown out of the water in one foul swoop
    would you like another slice of humble pie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Batty for saying exactly what I was thinking
    Skirt-lover.....I was getting annoyed at you...lol for not ...letting everyone be who they are.........why should your daughter be unhappy wearing a skirt.....just because you would like to wear a skirt?
    Reminded me of my ex inlaws....for xmas eve my kids and I would always dress all up....we always did and had fun finding the xmas outfit. We made our rounds at my sisters, my dads, and then the inlaws taking pressies. Every year my inlaws would make rude comments about...why are you dressed up? non of us are and we don't like to dress up for xmas .....AND I WOULD SAY....every flippin year........well you are being you...and I am being me......I do not comment on what you wear nor do I care.
    Last edited by Di; 12-04-2007 at 11:52 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

OK OK Ladies.........I get the point.

It really is annoying to see women dressed like one of the guys.. I mean, even to church or social functions.. a week or so ago my sister in law gave a list of things her daughters want for Christmas and one of the things was shoes... and what really freaked me out was to learn that one of them wears the same size as me, 9 1/2, what a revelation...

Platinum Member
    in a perfect world your daughter would be free to wear the trousers/pants and a top...... and you would be also free to wear a dress or skirt .......

another spin on it

This may be slightly off topic so ill say sorry now. Also i know that you have now realised that its her choice
    I understand you got a little annoyed that your daughter wouldnt wear "girly" things. Would it be different if she got annoyed with you (if she knew about vicky) and told you to wear trousers and a shirt.
    also ..............................
    Quote Originally Posted by skirt_lover View Post
    the vast majority of girls/ladies nowadays are always seen in jeans/trousers and t-shirts. What is wrong with you, I wish I had that choice.
    Why does something have to be wrong with us i have spoken to many TS's who once tranistioned who have stoped wearing skirts as often.
    Last edited by kim85; 12-04-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: added some

Yep, we above all others should respect personal tastes in clothes. Fighting against that is counterproductive to freedom of expression, no?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

But girls look good in jeans... oh yeah.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

OK OK Ladies.........I get the point.
    Looks like Vicky has seen the error in her thinking. Good for you. Have you discussed it with your daughter again?

I know you want her to look her best, and pant suits can look fab. So, if it's trousers she wants, ask her to show you what she's thinking of wearing.

Try not to put anything down, if you don't think it's appropriate for the occasion. Just explain how others are probably going to be dressed, i.e., not jeans, and you don't want her to feel out of place. Then tell her it's up to her, of course.
    DonnaT

Judge not, lest ye be judged...
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

My daughter has a Xmas night out coming up and she does not feel the need
    to get get all dolled up for it. This led to a interesting conversation with her last night.

Her attitude was why do I have wear a dress or skirt to this. I do not like wearing skirts or dresses, why can I just wear trousers/pants and a top. We found the conversation going down the road of me saying look at all the wonderful clothes you woman have to choose from and the vast majority
    of girls/ladies nowadays are always seen in jeans/trousers and t-shirts.
    What is wrong with you, I wish I had that choice. I asked what is wrong with being a little feminine now and again. It seems femanimity is a thing of the past.

Anyways she is sticking to her guns and not wearing a dress or skirt.

What I found most surprising about this conversation was how annoyed I was becoming on the inside that she has all this wonderful clothing to choose from but is only interested in jeans and t-shirts.

Just to let you know she does not know about Vicky.
    Funny that you started this thread up Vicky! Just yesterday my 18 year old daughter was telling me that she hated dresses, skirts, heels and most things feminine, except when she really had to wear them. I felt the same as you do!

Quote Originally Posted by skirt_lover
    Hm, I have my doubts that femininity can be reduced to skirts, dresses, and heels. It might be the most obvious, but ....

Hi Vicky,

Hard to argue with Marla, but I was wonder a while back, is it possible that the female gender has slowly developed into wearing jeans, pants, T-shirts, etc., in an effort, unconsciously or not, to be taken more seriously then in the past. I’ve rarely seen women in power roles, politicians at least, that don’t wear a skirt or pant suit. Not that very long ago, women were seen as the weaker sex, not to be taken seriously by a male dominated world. Just a thought, but could explain why young girls don’t want to dress up girlie.

Regardless, have a happy and fun holiday. All my love and respect,
    Denise
    "Live each day as if it were your last, for one of these days you are sure to be right."

I will no longer live in fear of what might happen if, but decided to live in excited anticaption of what's going to happen when.

You want to dress how you want, you should let her dress how she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie90802 View Post
    Funny that you started this thread up Vicky! Just yesterday my 18 year old daughter was telling me that she hated dresses, skirts, heels and most things feminine, except when she really had to wear them. I felt the same as you do!

Phew, thanks Charlie. Was really starting to think that there was sometning wrong with me and no one else had ever felt this way.

Quote Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
    You want to dress how you want, you should let her dress how she wants.
    Pls I think I really get the point now, no need to keep reminding me.
    Last edited by Vicky_Scot; 12-04-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Think its been answered and agreed, but unless I've missed something we don't know how old the daughter is.

So is it better to make her dress as you want at 6 or at 16?

Or at 1,2,3,4,5

sn't this the heart of the prblem,

Sorry but interesting
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/