Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting older

Getting older

It seems to me that as we get older the desire to dress becomes stronger.
    Love your views

I think it depends on the time you have When I was younger the need was stronger I was single with no roommates and free time So I dressed I am older and more busy now not enough dressing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Well. Getting old is not for sissy's.

Stronger as you age? I'm in for rough times then, I'm on the younger side.

In my world I'm a teenage girl and I just don't have enough tops and skirts.

Getting older (I'm 54) has been so much more difficult for me than I thought it would be. It's occurred to me that in some sense, time is running out. So I think that contributes to wanting to dress more and be more adventurous.

Another thing is that as I've gotten older, I'm less concerned with what other people think of me. I still don't think it would be a good idea for my friends and family to know about Linda. It would be very complicated and, for me, at least, not worth it. However, on the rare occasions when I venture out, if a stranger gives me a 2nd or 3rd look and reads me (and there's no way I'm passable if someone pays even the slightest bit of attention), I don't care as much as I used to.

I'm rambling here. Short answer is my desire to dress goes up and down. Lately it's up. I'm not sure if part of the reason is because I'm getting older and want the ability to try to look pretty and younger. Part of it is the "time running out thing."

I don't want to hijack this thread because this is very specifically about wanting to dress more as we get older, but I am interested in exploring another idea. I think that if I wasn't a crossdresser, aging would be a little easier. I wonder how many other girls feel the same way. If I get ambitious, I'll start a thread about that.

Thanks for indulging me and letting me ramble (the hazards of posting at 3:29 AM)
    Linda Marie Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by vicky505 View Post
    Love your views

I would certainly agree with that.

Quite the opposite for me. When I was younger teens, early 20s - it was a very strong urge and I got a great deal of pleasure from it.

I still get pleasure but it's only about 30% of what it used to be.

Yes indeed, but it is more the desire to feel féminine that is ever increasnig for me. Actually, I can feel feminine more and more even when I don't dress "en femme". I just feel "femme"...

But inndeed, I enjoy transforming myself to become Eugenie more than ever.

Eugenie

Banned Read only
    I wouldn't say my desire to dress has gotten any stronger with age.
    It seems to be just as strong as it ever was which is pretty strong.
    The only real difference I can see is that I don't worry about it
    anymore like I did when I was younger and thought there was
    something "wrong" with me.

As you mature, you learn to like who you really are. If that means dressing differently and more often, then that is you.

You also learn not to worry about what others think.
    Last edited by Emma England; 12-06-2007 at 04:50 AM.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

In the last few years I have dressed more and gone out more. No doubt many different issues have been behind this increased activity. All I know is a little over a year ago my desire reached the point where I was no longer content pretending to be who I am not. At that point I knew it was time for me to live as the woman I have always been.

Eileen

For me the desire to dress has gotten stronger because it no longer is just sexual (as it once was). Now I enjoy being dressed more and has caused me to want to dress even more. The cycle continues.

I think the urge to dress was always there....but getting older I got bolder

As a matter of fact, I don't care anymore what people might think when going out in skirts.
    [SIZE=2]It is Snowing Down South...[/SIZE]

I don't know if getting older has increased my desire to cross dress. I went from working 60-70 hours a week to being retired.
    I now have more opportunity and more energy to enjoy this part of me.
    Part of it may be like Linda Maria said in her post " It's occurred to me that in some sense, time is running out".

My daughters are now out of the house, raising families of their own, and though I'm still a father and now a grandfather I can afford to focus more on me . I'm fortunate to have a wife that is supportive and accepting of my cross dressing. And as long as I maintain the balance of my desire to be Roberta and her need to have Bob around things have never been better.

Either or for me. The only difference now is, since I'm retired and tend to be a crotchety old geezer, I could care less what others think when I'm en femme. Dang revenuers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I was younger I dressed when I could I don't know if the desire is stronger but now that my wife knows and is OK with it I get to dress alot more.
    Angie

There may be biological factors at play as well as the environmental ones identified above.

As men age (starting in their late 30s) their testosterone levels usually decrease, changing the hormone balance in the body. This is exacerbated by some statins (lipitor) prescribed for cholesterol control, and possibly by accumulations of visceral (internal) fat. There are some medical folk who believe that the visceral fat actually produces estrogen; it is well known that the statins affect the liver's ability to absorb it. So it may well be that we older folk (jj's guy-side was born in '51; she's quite a bit younger) feel more feminine because we are more feminine biologically.

Or it may be that we just have more disposable cash to buy pretty things and more opportunities to wear them.

-jj

Getting older is one of the reasons that I decided to go full time.
    My family & friends all know as well as everyone I work with. I told everyone about my CDing months before I came out.

But, I did want to dress more as I got older, so you may have something there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by vicky505 View Post
    Love your views
    I,ve noticed exactly the same thing. I enjoy it more now too and love shopping for clothes whenever i can. [I used to be scared to shop for girl things in case anyone said something to me...Now i just don,t care ].

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    For me the need to dress has gotten stronger as I grew older. I have no idea whether there are biological factors in this or environmntal factors. I know that I now just prefer to live as a woman. And being retired allows me to do this almost full time, except when I leave the house. I still don't have the guts to come out to others beyond my wife but I think that is more a matter of fear and not really knowing how I will be judged.

For me i have found that i do dress more now later in life maybe i have more time now the family have grown up and also my wife is fully aware of my desire to dress like i do.
    i also love to shop more for lovely clothes too
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]Jenny ~ x ~

My Group on Yahoo

NO it only more intense if you're living alone not older. Because you can do it any time you want. You need to do more just to get the same feeling you had when you put on that first pantie.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I don't think the desire itself gets stronger with age. Many other things change though.
    One thing is the realisation that time is limited and we need to get on with the things we want to do.
    Another idea, new to me, is the one about feminisation caused by various factors including body fat. Whether that can stimulate CDing, I shall have to read more.
    Then there is that one about no longer caring so much what other people think of us.
    Altogether, the trend will be to CD more, and maybe I'm hairsplitting about whether it's desire, or opportunity, or decrease in the give-a-damn factor, who knows.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

It has been just the opposite for me. As I have gotten older my desire to dress has waned to the point where that just coming to this board and reading the posts satisfies my desire.