Thread: Should you tell your family you cross dress?

Smile Should you tell your family you cross dress?

Hi Sisters,
    To me this is probably the one subject that should be the most important decision that a cross dresser should make?My feeling are this if you are living at home with your parents,& cross dress then it's best to tell them other than being caught like I was!Mearly being caught,& sneaking around being a cross dresser when my parents were not around was a disaster waiting to happen.I wasn't smart enough to be brave enough to tell them their son liked to dress as a female.The results for me wasn't too bad concidering my father died never found out.My mother on the other hand did catch me when I was 15 years old,& she was upset to say the least.It wasn't my cross dressing that made her mad it was my wearing her clothes. She liked how I looked dressed up in her clothes but told me there were going to be rules.I could never wear her clothes,& she would help me buy clothes to wear,but I HAD to wear what she WANTED me to wear,& I only dress at home!.I went along with it.I was thrilled that Mummy let me dress,and help me buy,& how to do girl things.Even though her desire was to dress me as her little daughter,I wore vary sissfied clothes dresses for little girls.I didn't mind it since I loved soft fabric,& feel of petticoats.She started dressing me like her when I was 18yrs.old.I just loved that even more! (NO I did not turn out like Norman Bates!)
    My experience was not so bad, but I'll tell you girls it can be a disaster on marrages,& relationships with your parents and family members.What should you do then?It's best girls to sit down and have a talk to your parents,lovers wifes family members as soon as you can!I know it will probably be the hardest decision you'll ever make,but being honest and upfront about your transvestism,being a CD, or wanting to be aTG,TS the best decision you'll ever make.Don't hurt your loves ones by being caught by them or told by someone else.Just be a MAN (UGh!) and let them know about your fun little side hobby.Being honest is your best bet in this case.I'm NOT SAYING to tell everyone just the people that mean the most in your life if you haven't done this do it as soon as you can.Remember you'll never EVER give up cross dressing completely for anyone at any time.You'll alway have the earge to cross dress for the rest of your life! I like to hear from you girls on your experiences being caught or telling your love ones that your a CD?
    HUGS,& KISSES
    TIMME

Relationships based on lies and falsehoods are never complete. That said, I do not talk to my SO about my crossdressing because I know what she feels about 'abberations from the norm.' I will not quit doing what I know is a part of me but I will continue to hide it and stay in the closet as it were.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    For me I didn't tell them untill I had to. I knew how they would react. Being caught was not much of an issue for me because I have a place to change out. I know that my mom knew , but she choose to ignore it. I had always planned to wait as long as possible to tell them about me crossing dressing. Some of the other girls I know told me that I should not of ever told them about me dressing. I felt like I had no other choice, secondly I felt them knowing about me crossing might make it easier to tell them that I'm realy considring transtioning. I figured I did not want to shock them into a coma

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

telling family

i was 12 and wanted to know what wearing pantyhose felt like so i got a pair of my sisters pantyhose and i been OBSESSED ever since, mom caught me one day and freaked out sent me to shrinks and the parish priest, dad and sis didnt care one way or the other about it, now 30 yrs later everyone who knows me knows i dress to some extent or another, my wife luvs that i dress, our son who is 10 is ok with daddy wearing pantyhose but hes not to crazy about it when daddy is all done up..

I have never been caught dressed, but my stash of clothes was first found when I was 12. I'd been collecting bits and pieces that my mum threw out (or I thought she wouldn't miss), etc, since I was about 9, so it was a fair old collection. We had a corner shop, and we sold pantyhose, so I kinda stole a few pairs of them here and there.

She kept asking why - still couldn't really answer that one, now!

Anyway that was how it went for a few years - I'd build up a stash and she'd find it a few months down the line. In the end, my mum, dad, sister and gran all knew. All they seemed bothered about was the stealing and borrowing. The number of times I was forced to promise to stop...

20 years later, the (emotional) scars are still there - I don't speak to my dad - he really made no effort to understand. My sister goes through phases of blaming me for her problems, though we've made peace, but she doesn't like to talk about my CDing. Mostly sorted with my mum, had a long chat 10 years back, where I said this is me, deal with it. We don't talk about it now, but at least she knows more what was happening for me, and I can talk to her if I need to.

Looking back I can't believe I never got caught dressed. Everyone would be downstairs, and I'd be running around upstairs fully dressed and in make-up and a pair of my mum's highest heels

Hell no I wont tell my family,thats a double negative.