Thread: waxing your chest

waxing your chest

Hi, I shave everything, but decided to wax my chest. My chest is easy to shave, just keep shaving down from your chin. Trouble is, the chest hair is so prickly, no matter how closely you shave, it feels like sandpaper when you rub against the grain. so, I was in a non-profit fashion show on Friday night, great time. We started out in afternoon casual and increased the formality through 6 changes, closing with a tux. The men all had one dressing room. 4 of us were 'experienced', 50+ , 6 were guys in uniform, police, fire, airforce. I didn't shave anything for over a week prior. I decided to wear a sleeveless undershirt to cover the short porcupine bristles on my chest, and my nipps (now always erect). Had a great night. No comments.
    So, yesterday, I had about 1/4" growth of chest hair, the minimum of what the wax instructions say I need. Well, what the hell, let's get rid of this stuff.. read the instructions again.... warm them up by rubbing between your hands?...OOOHH hi tech.... apply with the grain of the hair....no prob...peel off quickly against the grain....AAAGGHHH!!!...hooolly sshh...tt!!!...who is the asshole that inented this??? and I still have hairs on my chest!!! only now they are jet black and antagonistic! Once I was in pain, I decided to wax over my nipps. same story. today my whole frickin chest is a mat of red bumps. I could live with that, except that when I brush upwards, I still feel the hair! not the quills, but hair nonetheless. I am going to let these suckers grow, and I am going to wax them, drink a bit of tequilla and rip them out by their little frickin roots. wenda. any experiences?

Tristen Cox
    Uhm experiences? Nope you summed mine up pretty well. OMG that s**t hurt (After two glasses of wine,) "well I think it hurt" (three glasses of wine) "did that hurt? oh who cares!" *RIP*

Pluck 'em, baby, pluck 'em.

I agree with your sentiments about chest and stomach hairs. For some reason they just go against the grain, and they are quite coarse when short. I pluck my chest and stomach. It's a tedious, lengthy ordeal, but it's somewhat painless, though stings slightly, and I get the job done. The hairs come out with black ends from down under, I guess. Anyway, I love it. It takes about a week of sporadic plucking to get the entire chest and stomach areas, but it lasts a couple of weeks and the hairs when they do come back in, come in softer and less bristle-like. I highly recommend this. I also sometimes do a wax and pluck combo, which makes the entire ordeal less time consuming.

Ifeelsexyinsilk
    All I can say is OUCH!

StephanieCD
    You all just confirmed my fears.

Hi Wenda - I have had my whole body waxed before, and legs and chest done several times. I didn't think it was all that bad, not as bad as underarms anyway

Anyway, the secret is to let someone else wax you, it never hurts as much if someone else does it. A professional uses much better products, plus they know what they are doing. Afterwards, make sure you loofah and use a product like NoBump on the waxed areas. That is what my waxer recommended to me and I never had a single bump or rash...

DanaJ

Been doing this for years. And, the wine is a great help. And, having someone do it for you, with the proper equipment, is the best way to go. If you have someone to help you, and you have a beauty supply store, like Sally's, near you, you can probably get the proper things there. Also, one of the moisturizers that helps retard hair regrowth, like Aveeno, really helps with the "porcupine bristles". It takess time, but it works.
    Hugs,

Teddie