Thread: Cding 20 years from now

Cding 20 years from now

With the decline of skirts and dresses in womens fashon to-day as compared to when i was growing up where thats all women wore do you think the next generaton of CDers will even consider wearing them when they go out in femme or will it be all jeans and pants.I love them because most of our Cding stems from our childhood and thats all women wore then so they make me feel femme but to-day what do little boys think is femme and what do you think they will want to wear to feel femme.just a though..

Justabit

Women do get dressed up, just not as often as years ago. In day to day things many do not wear dresses and skirts. But if you look at them when they go out dancing or on a date or to a truely special event and they still do get all "dolled-up". There will always be nice clothes to play the part. And a sexy pair of jeans with a sparkly snug fitting top can be as feminine and sexy as any dress!!
    Sally

JMHO, wear what you want too!!! A s most women do today, and if the skirts and dresses are no longer available, then we will have to wear what is available. BUT, there always is one, don't get rid of your skirts and dresses, they may be hard to find, as in retro fashion. And they might be expensive...BJ

Who knows what fashion will be like in twenty years. Maybe men will wear skirts and women (and crossdressers) will be wearing pants.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

20 years from now I will be 86-- Guess I have to just wait & see

Great question! For my money, boys will still be boys and girls will still be girls, although by then we'll probably have seen at least one woman President and the trend towards casual clothes (for both sexes) will continue, woman will never give up wearing dresses for fancy occasions, and we might even see a retro trend towards rising hemlines and tights - I can dream!

Oh My, What to Wear!

Nuff said.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Since I dont ever think i'll actually stop, I'm hoping to find wigs with grey in them in order to age as gracefully as possible

As usual Brianna, you hit the nail on the head! We will probably all be looking at Devo Clones, or watching 30 something CD's trying to look like Brittany and Beyonce, (Isn't that frightening?)

Styles change, we just got done with a long thread about which is preferable, stockings, thigh-highs, or PH? I think it was about a 50/50 split between PH and gartered stockings and thigh-hi's. I know, that 20 years ago it would have been overwhelmingly in favor of gartered stockings.

So, apparently CD's "evolve." Each generation finds whatever The GG's are wearing at that time to be The Epitome of fashion. As an example, If your 25 your going to think that cotton panties are "hot." If your older, that's less likely.

I'm picturing future members of Tri-Ess Groups, all dressed for the monthly meeting in Capri Pants and shapeless tops.....won't that be exciting? Might as well just move The Meeting to Walmart!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I think it's a matter of individual taste and choice myself. I never get involved with fashion and trends. If twenty years from now wearing a dress or skirt screams "crossdresser" then so be it, guilty as charged.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Or fashion could revive something old.. and everyone could be wearing corsetry and lace as standard workclothes!

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by battybattybats View Post
    Or fashion could revive something old.. and everyone could be wearing corsetry and lace as standard workclothes!
    YUM!!!
    What a lovely thought

There always has been and always will be gender specific clothing as well as some unisex clothing. 2000 years ago men wore skirts (Roman men had togas) and women wore ankle length dresses.

Also I dispute that skirts are on the way out. From my own observation there are more women wearing skirts more often now than ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely View Post
    Nuff said.
    Looks like sperm under a microscope.

Just wear them

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    I think it's a matter of individual taste and choice myself. I never get involved with fashion and trends. If twenty years from now wearing a dress or skirt screams "crossdresser" then so be it, guilty as charged.
    Honey, I feel it's that way already. Since I dress for day to day stuff, but really prefer skirts, I think I stand out, every place I go. Since I'm the only "person" wearing a skirt. But I don't get too many strange looks and have not recieved any negative comments, yet.

So, sometimes I'm a lady in a skirt, but most times I'm a "is that a woman or a man" in a skirt, giggle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Who knows what fashion will be like in twenty years. Maybe men will wear skirts and women (and crossdressers) will be wearing pants.
    i dont think woman will want to stop wearing skirts and dresses certainly not in any of our lifetimes - i think woman are enjoying the fact they have the best of both worlds these days and who can blame them - they can wear trousers and shirts for work and get dolled up and wear more feminine clothes to go in at night - thats what i envy the most having the choice i am happy enough in my male clothes most of the time but have never quite understood why i cant just put a skirt on ect to go down my local supermarket ect - all these skirts in my closet but i can only really wear them at home - thats why i want to go to a tv social meeting and find places where i can go with others but in an ideal world you could wear what you wanted wherever whenever you wanted why should it be such a big deal to other people !

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stelli_cd View Post
    20 years from now I will be 86-- Guess I have to just wait & see
    Are there men and women "Depends"?

Well OK so young guys will one day emulate what they saw growing up, much like we all do.

I can see the net generation of CD'ers wearing those low rise jeans with that lower back tattoo hanging out of their shirt.
    Ehh at least OUR cd'ing comes off at the end of the night.

Gyod 20 years from now if a CD wore hose and a skirt, no one would have any idea what it was cause those things are becoming extinct. He would not really be CD'ing at all, just wearing something REAL unusual

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Some women still wear skirts and dresses. Some women wear pant suits and ties.

I don't think it's what women will be wearing in 20 years that concerns me, it's what I'll will be wearing.

I'll be wearing a skirt.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

well...

I was born in '81. Just that age is important to this particular thread...

I think there can be a definite appeal in a "tom-boy" inspired look. jeans + ballet flats = adorable. Maybe one of those 3/4 sleeve polo's. Yeah, I am going shopping now...
    Last edited by NatalieBliss; 12-10-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: i should proof read
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

cross dressing twenty years from now: what I really hope is that twenty years from now cross dressing will be considered what they called it twenty years ago.. in other words I hope cross dressing is just dressing the way you want to.. just wearing clothes that you want to, however you feel, weather that be womens clothing or a cross between the two..