Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50%?

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar

50%?

I watched an old movie this weekend. Mannequin.

The villian, BJ Wert, owned a clothing store and was commenting on Andrew McCarthy apparently having sex with a mannequin (Kim Cattrall).

He said "I bet fifty percent of the guys in this store wear lace underwear, but this... this is....".

So, does half the regular male population wear lace underwear? Are they just too scared to admit it?
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Good question; I bet it's a lot more than we think!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Wink

Hey Girls, Some facts for ya'll...I worked in a big city Hospital emergency department and on an ambulance for many years. I can't begin to remember the numbers of males from early teens to mature adults, that I have treated, that were wearing some sort of fem clothing. Mostly panties, pantyhose, polished toes and cami's. But there were some that were fully dressed, almost all had the same story, "I lost a bet" or "I was dared" But none the less they were wearing something and some how or another got hurt or sick. And most had there GF or wife with them, that was fully aware of what they had on. So yes the numbers of Crossdressers are a lot higher than we know. Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Silver Member
    Oh yeah, the old "lost a bet" story. And how many people do you think actually believe that?

Lovies,
    Stephie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Oh yeah, the old "lost a bet" story. And how many people do you think actually believe that?

Lovies,
    Stephie
    Out of a staff of 28 people, let me think........none! haha
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlin View Post
    Out of a staff of 28 people, let me think........none! haha
    Not even one? Didn't YOU believe them?

Anyways, I kinda doubt if too many males wear femme stuff. Yeah of course we all do it to different degrees, but I doubt there is a huge degree of men who do it at all.

if they were fully dressed, coulda been the whole "I lost a bet" thing. If they were wearing stuff covertly, then not a chance.

Maybe not 50% at any given time, but I sure think that around that many have tried wearing an article of women's clothing out of curiosity or in jest.

I hardly ever wear lace underwear, too scratchy and just not comfortable. A little bit of lace trim, yesss.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I'm convinced -- if they say it in such a well respected and scholarly film as Mannequin, then it must be true.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeauxmarie View Post

He said "I bet fifty percent of the guys in this store wear lace underwear, but this... this is....".
    Let's examine this statement; He says 50% of the guys IN THIS STORE...

So that would mean either 50% of the males who shop there, or 50% of the male employees wear lace underware.

Has nothing to do with the population at large

(Finally... reached 200 posts!!)
    You want to wear a WHAT??

I bet a lot do and will never admit it I'm glad my wife knows because now I can wear them all the time

Sorry lace just doesn't make the A list, file it one step lower than cotton briefs or boxers.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Lace? No, but silk, satin, or microfiber, yes.

Now, as far as loosing a bet goes..............
    I have never been dared or bet, reguarding wearing feminine clothing. Beyond that, I've never heard any other male dared to wear fem clothing, nor have I heard of another man having to wear fem clothing, because he lost a bet or dare.

So................
    all you would be CDs out there, fess up, you just like to wear fem clothing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, does half the regular male population wear lace underwear? Are they just too scared to admit it?
    Part of me says, "Yes," and the other part says, "No."

You know Hollywood wears lace panties. The are a bit uncomfortable, especially if you shave down there. There still top of my list! Maybe not 50% but I would guess more then we'd imagine.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonDragon View Post
    Let's examine this statement; He says 50% of the guys IN THIS STORE...

So that would mean either 50% of the males who shop there, or 50% of the male employees wear lace underware.

Has nothing to do with the population at large

(Finally... reached 200 posts!!)
    Lets examine that statement even more. THe guy saying it was a queen. In the movie most of the guys in the dept were queens

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    If I had a nickel for every time someone has asked me at a Renaissance faire, "So did you lose the bet?", I could quite possibly be able to buy a Queen Elizabeth gown with ruff and gold inlay. The answer I always give is below in my sig:

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I totally believe CDing is way bigger than most people might think and is a massively untapped market.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Not me!! Lace is out, but nylon or cotton panties are ok. The lace is very abrasive on some very sencitive places...BJ

I have to agree, lace is pretty as a trim but give me silky panties. I'll wear cotton before I wear all lace panties.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Surely, until none of us is too scared to admit it, ALL FIGURES ARE A COMPLETE GUESS.....

There's no magic in this - nobody knows, nor could they. Sites like this, though, make it obvious that there are plenty of people hiding it?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

A few years ago, I had a job in a warehouse dealing with clothing stock for Marks & Spencer (the biggest lingerie retailer in the UK).

The majority of the time, I was in the ladies underwear isles. Very few times did I have to go to the mens.

I realize that women may shop more often, but it was way out of proportion.

Also 4 times as many isles were dedicated to ladies underwear compared with mens.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Not from the suspicious heaps of discarded underclothings I've found in the bathroom over the years...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

In just the last few weeks I spoke with a couple good male friends on a "curious about" basis (I do this often, it never seems odd to them). One is from another country - I knew some but not all of the current cultural dress though it makes you wonder where 'western' nations went wrong.

The response was very interesting:
    An Aeronautics Engineer for 30 years that deals with the upper strata of the workforce all that time very calmly said "It's no big deal. There are a lot of guys at work who wear stockings and silk under khaki and dress shirts with ties."
    "About how many would you guess?"
    "Oh, I'd say about 2 in 5 any given day of the week."
    "How do YOU know? (giggling)"
    "(manly man voice) THE LOCKEROOM!"
    [SIZE="1"]we busted up laughing as we always do[/SIZE]

A team lead for NHRA racing cars, IQ of 167, helped invent the DAT. Friends for 17 years now.
    "I'd say about half of us...maybe a little less. Its hot in the pits and shops, wearing something softer and lighter in fabric seems sensible and logical (ony a true genius would say that and mean it). He then went on to give me the *full* history of men wearing corsets, hosiery, and hats and such back to the 1400's. That was a long conversation but enlightening. We could have talked longer and gone to any year BC where men wore the finest silk 'robes' only, eyeliner, pancake make up, manicures and pedicures with painted nails. In 'Wild West' days, most all men wore corsets and fine silk shirts - it kept their backs from hurting riding horses and sweat didn't soak their shirts, stockings were silk as well from boot sweat and care too. Look at old pictures. Most of the men had frilly shirts on!

This could be a very historical discussion that would include many cultures. Not sure it would end up giving % for what you are asking but it could be interesting.