Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for everyone except GG's ;)

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar

Question for everyone except GG's ;)

Ok, here goes...

Take a moment to sit back, relax and think before answering these questions. Yeah, I know, they have probably been asked here before... but I wasn't here before and I couldn't find a thread of close relevance to this.

1) Deep within...what do each of you believe it is to BE a woman?

2) In what ways do you further your belief?

3) Aside from the physical attributes, has there been anything within your beliefs that keep you from being all the woman you think you can be?

As always with what I am asking, there is no judgement calls... just honesty in who you are, who you think you are, and where your particular journey leads.

*hugs*

Zara

My feeling about it:
    - I have no clue of was a woman IS, and I will never have. Women are a wonderfull mystery, and that's the reason I worship them so much that i try to occasionally be/feel/imitate one of them.
    - When I say this I'm considering both feminine gender and sex. The genetic woman "sensations" could be something I never can imagine as I am not a gg, nevertheless even if a Daltonian don't see colours he has some guess of "something". So when I crossdresser even if what I feel is probably not a "BEING" a woman, like the Daltonian I feel "something". The feminine gender on another hand s something I can try hard to mimic, by learning the feminine word. In my opinion gender is more than a social construct, part of innate, reflex, trieb, instinct, make the feminine gender special and "diferent".
    3) What could make me not being a woman is the existence of an "alterity" as I've described in 2) For me masculine vs feminine are not just "diferent" but "other". If interested you can read Levinas on this.
    Kises
    Carla Mel

As an egg I started my journey as female... Then I met this tadpole that promised me the Earth and the Stars, but he lied... The altered me wasn't all it was cracked up to be... All the re-wiring and programming he could do could not hide what I was on day one. Inside me the female I was, and was told I was no more, existed still.

How did I know? There were nuances of life that I could not explain my affinity for... others which were mine I saw with revulsion... and the little speck that was me in the beginning grew and with each day the cry became more manifest...

And now in my tertiary stage I have altered my chemical compostion so that the female that was me no longer screams and the boy I never was never is.

Yep... that's about it.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Lightbulb From a Buick 6

Strange I should come across this thread today. I was driving steel around work last night on the forklift thinking about something very similar.

To be a woman.

Empathy; Taking time to be more observant and caring about what goes on with the people and the environment I find myself in at a given moment.

Grace; Maybe moving a little slower toward forming opinions and making decisoins to make sure I've considered ALL possible alternatives and points of view.

OK so got a phone call that ruined my train of thought. more on this one later
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Technically, being a woman is about one's sex, i.e. plumbing?

I think the question is more slanted to being feminine (which is one's gender) - but there must be as many answers as there are of us?

So - for myself:

1) Being feminine is about being strong, within oneself; about being innately co-operative, rather than competitive; about focusing on others, not just yourself. That's not to say there aren't women out there who completely don't have those qualities?

2) I let myself express myself in the way that comes naturally to me, rather than how I learnt was expected of a 'man'? That doesn't mean I'm not something of a tomboy, I like playing with boy's toys..

3)Err - I guess I'm happy in the place I find myself, now. I'm an in-betweenie, I don't need to transition?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

To Be Honest

Lady Zarabeth;1116667]Ok, here goes...

Take a moment to sit back, relax and think before answering these questions. Yeah, I know, they have probably been asked here before... but I wasn't here before and I couldn't find a thread of close relevance to this.

i just don't know !! all my life i just feel that i should have been all i have is my feelings

my gut feelings .. i am who i am

3) Aside from the physical attributes, has there been anything within your beliefs that keep you from being all the woman you think you can be?

fear of losing family and friends .. That happened .. unrealistic expectation due to genetics .. but i sure can dream

As always with what I am asking, there is no judgment calls... just honesty in who you are, who you think you are, and where your particular journey leads.

*hugs*

Zara
    if i may :-- who can say that i was never a woman or how does one think like a woman or feel ..
    it's not like we can De compile our soft-wear and see .. in the end all i have is my Feelings ..

where your particular journey leads.

well surgery would be wonderful ,ffs, grs, breasts, voice .. but to be honest i may never get any of it done .. and may never get to my full potential .. i wish life was easy well thats another dream

What makes a woman a woman ? that would make a good thread
    Last edited by MJ; 12-11-2007 at 10:44 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    What makes a woman a woman ? that would make a good thread
    Well, as I intimated in my thread above, at least some of it's about having the potential to have babies - which is why having a hysterectomy, mastectomies, or any other reproductive problems can be so destructive to a woman's psyche?

Let's concentrate on femininity?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Nickie B said it pretty well. To be a woman is to have the proper plumbing! I don't and never will. I am a man who likes to wear feminine clothes. Nothing more and nothing less.

Yes, I do definitley have a feminine side. Probably more pronounced then many men. I like to think that makes me more sensitive to my own feelings and that of others. I do believe I am more caring then many other men, and always have been. I am also very sentimental. Many things make me choke up!

But still, I am a man! Strongly feminine and proud of it, but a man none the less.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Lisa G. does all the question answering for me because we are so alike !

Nothing better to add to her answer.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Nickie B said it pretty well. To be a woman is to have the proper plumbing!
    Not necercerally. I have the 'right pluming' and I'm by no means a woman (though I know what you're geting at).

I think what it means to be a woman difers through cultures and time, and a lot of that is learned as children, through upbringing, media exposia, ect. (sorry if I'm spoiling the mood or anything, just my )
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Not necercerally. I have the 'right pluming' and I'm by no means a woman (though I know what you're geting at).
    B-b-but - you're not feminine?

I'm just trying to split it up so we just talk about gender, not sex...

I think what it means to be a woman difers through cultures and time, and a lot of that is learned as children, through upbringing, media exposia, ect. (sorry if I'm spoiling the mood or anything, just my )
    You're not - you're talking about gender.. :winking:

And I agree with you.
    Last edited by Nicki B; 12-11-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What is a woman?
    Quite easy for me to answer that. Anyone to whom I have talked with for at least 30 minutes, and I have not understood 2 words of what they r talking about, is either; a GG, or an alien, ( illegal or otherwise).
    Maybe that is why I love the little dears so much. We operate in different universes. But when we come together, the planets move!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Maybe that is why I love the little dears so much.
    I do hope your tongue is firmly in your cheek...
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

OK...I'll bite... my answers are similar to MJs, although I blab on way more than she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    Whatever it is that I feel inside I guess. Oh I could go on about all the empathy-receptiveness-nuturing-multitasking etc crap that we always use to divide men and women but I believe most of those things are learned behaviours or pre-existing aspects we all have that are either fed or starved according to where you settle in society's gender spectrum.

Maybe there are biological differences but I'm the wrong person to ask. I never fit any of the stereotypes.

So it comes down to 'whatever it is in my brain and soul that makes me female'. And it is deep. That's why it's hard to put a finger on it, and I'm not sure I want to anyway because that feels false. Lisa is right... we all start out that way, so we are told, and then it's a matter of what modifications are put on us. Some of us take those modifications better than others.

Mine fell off.

Cheap glue I think.

I'm not sure I understand this question. I guess I'll go with MJ's answer. I yam what I yam.

I don't think anything I 'believe' keeps me back. In fact my beliefs push me forward if anything. What does hold me back?

Let me count the ways-
    1. My relationship. My partner may not wish to live with another woman. It wasn't what she thought she was getting.
    2. My friends and family - some of them will likely feel so uncomfortable if I transition that they will either try to talk me out of it or just stop talking.
    3. Job and career opportunities may be restricted if people see me as a tran and not as a natal female. Or a shudder natal male.
    4. Money. It costs a hell of a lot to transition.
    5. Pain. If I elect to go for surgeries that will transform me I will feel the pain. I kinda like avoiding pain when I can.
    6. Time commitment. I do have other things I want to do in my life besides present as the correct gender. Unfortunately this one keeps popping to the top of the list which is driving me crazy...which brings me to the final one...
    7. Overall mental health. I am not so screwed up that I don't realize that I am in no way ready to emotionally or mentally handle transitioning. I have a lot of baggage I need to deal with first.

Other than that, I'm on it.

I should say this though... I do believe that self-acceptance is the big one, the really important one that does help you get through the tougher days. That one I think I have. I love who I am...and yes I do legitimately feel I express, inwardly and outwardly, a more female existence.

I can only imagine what having the biology and social acceptance to match would be like. And of course, for me, most of the big life moments growing up, romancing, having children, being at the height of my beauty, have already passed me by, so that kind of reduces the compulsion to change everything. Doesn't make it go away though.

One step at a time.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

well.. i don't know what a "gg" is, so i'm not answering. but i shall read what the others say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B
    Let's concentrate on femininity?
    Wise words indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth
    I have no clue and never will experience it.
    Closest to get is to be accepted as a woman for a GM IMHO.

"1)Deep within...what do each of you believe it is to BE feminine?"

To be Non(less)-masculine plus a bit more.

A lot of activities and likes, that are not stereotypical masculine, and kind of annoyance and dislike in a masculine environment, if I have to identify with it.

3) Aside from the physical attributes, has there been anything within your beliefs that keep you from being all the feminine you think you can be?

I have XY and was socialized as male. That leaves marks that can't be covered by makeup and clothes ... probably not even by HRT and SRS.
    Last edited by Marla S; 12-11-2007 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post
    I have XY and was socialized as male. That leaves marks that can't be covered by makeup and clothes ... probably not even by HRT and SRS.
    Plato and perfect forms...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

What is a woman?
    Quite easy for me to answer that. Anyone to whom I have talked with for at least 30 minutes, and I have not understood 2 words of what they r talking about, is either; a GG, or an alien, ( illegal or otherwise).
    Maybe that is why I love the little dears so much. We operate in different universes. But when we come together, the planets move!
    RS
    I'll drink to that RS.Damn, good thing we have the multiverse, huh?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    Ok, here goes...
    To be the fountain of nurturing,
    the strong fabric and architect of community,
    the natural inspiration of beauty and harmony,
    the ones who feel most deeply the mysterious rhythms, tides and forces of nature,
    The Emotional Sea.

Women are connected to their being through their monthly cycle, huge investment and risk in procreation, dependence upon community to co-nurture children, and the dominance of their beings by their feminine sexual organs, and hormonal cycles.

Women as beings confound all rational analysis, and triumph over the war of the mind against mystery. The rational wants to reduce things to their simplicity so that they can be mentally inspected, exchanged, controlled, utilized.

The totality of a woman defies the rational, hence Freud's lament "What does a woman want?"

Women know, and can share the smile of La Giaconda with each other. What men can piecewise guess about women, though never fully understand with their minds, women experience directly through their being, and need no language to confirm it.

The power of the raw demand of Nature upon them gives them an awesome duty and the tools to accomplish it - heightened senses, the ability to endure the pains of childbirth and child-rearing, the creativity to make play and joy of the task of domestic necessity and fulfillment of children's needs.

Add to that ...women can develop all the mental acumen which men live and die with, to which she brings her inner unlanguagable comprehension and capacities.

Knowing women intimately...listening to them without aim. Loving them.

Zara
    My desire to "Accomplish" an emulation of womanhood is self defeating.

Womanhood is not an "it" that can be cloned. It is a consciousness and a being-ness that must be grown into, and an array of sense capacities that only Grace can confer upon a humble, hopeful man.

Roberta
    Last edited by RobertaFermina; 12-11-2007 at 05:06 PM.
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I have no problem with you asking these questions, but I have to say they are nothing to do with my life as a CDer. I was born a man and will die a man: I have no idea of the experience of being a woman, no hope of ever having that experience, and no need to have it.
    What I do is my attempt to express those traits of my personality which I believe are feminine. There is no basic requirement for me to imitate a woman either physically or psychologically. I do sometimes try to pass cosmetically as a woman, when I go out in public dressed, but the motive there is partially to avoid confrontation.
    What I aim to be is a CDing man, and I don't try to deceive myself that I am "being" a woman at any level.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

What is a woman?
    RS
    Mate, that is so funny! And true.
    Jazzmine
    Last edited by Jazzmine; 12-11-2007 at 05:37 PM.
    I'm happy being male but happier in a skirt!
    I'm a strong man on the outside and a strong woman on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    Womanhood is not an "it" that can be cloned. It is a consciousness and a being-ness that must be grown into, and an array of sense capacities that only Grace can confer upon a humble, hopeful man.

Roberta
    Wonderfully poetic as usual Roberta.

However, I cannot agree that everyone has to grow into it or have it conferred upon them.

Some people are born with it, whether they realize it or not and whether they look or play the part.

Well, in that sense they also grow into it the same way any natal female would. If they are aware enough and are able to.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Mmmm, after getting a four-take (that's when some guy gives you an obvious twice over, four times), while I was in my semi-fem mode, I wonder.

But anyway, I feel that no one knows or can truly answer these questions. How much is learned and how much is natural?

Of course, you could take two newborn babies, one female and one male, put them in the jungle, with no human contact, and secretly watch them for twenty years, and see what you learn.

In the mean time, I'll just continue to try to express my inner feelings, to the best of my ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lingering Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Well, as I intimated in my thread above, at least some of it's about having the potential to have babies - which is why having a hysterectomy, mastectomies, or any other reproductive problems can be so destructive to a woman's psyche?
    I know women whose heads would explode at hearing such a definition. It's reproductive essentialism at its worst, and it's completely invalidating of women who are sterile for any reason.

As one of my favorite authors on the roles women in ancient times would put it, you have subscribed to the concept of women as being creatures that exist to bleed and breed -- a mysogynistic concept that has been used throughout time to justify the enslavement and oppression of women.

Also, to avoid being completely hypocritical, one must also conclude that sterile men are not real men, either.

Ahem.

Let's just say that I don't subscribe to this point of view...

This might not be a popular response...

Seems to me, to be a woman...would be to be born female (or to have had SRS).

To be feminine, it does not matter what you were born as.
    “Truth Hits Everybody"