Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl mode vs Guy Mode

Are there things that you do (besides the obvious) in Girl mode that you would never do in Guy mode? Like chewing gum, smoking, reading People magazine.

Also, are there feminine charistics that have spilled over to your Guy mode? Like crossing your legs at the knee.

I haven't spent enough time dressed to develope any Girl mode qualities, but I do tend to cross my legs at the knee while I am at the computer.

BF
    Last edited by Sandra; 12-12-2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts please use the edit button

Whhhhhh

Boo-hoo, I don't have a guy mode!

Wait a minute, that's ok, isn't it?

Actualy, I've blended my girl-guy modes together, now there's just me. So, what ever I'm doing, I'm just doing it.

Since I believe that women can do anything a man can do, and then some, why should I be limited or restricted in the things I do???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have found that over the years I just have me mode. I guess that's good but I need to keep in mind which rest room to use...other than that I'm clear.

I do lots of things in girl mode that i would never do in guy mode...Cross my legs, wiggle my butt when i walk, read fashion magazines, etc. But..One thing i do in guy mode that i never do in girl mode is smoke cigarettes!! Maybe staying in girl mode would be healthier for me!!

Yes, kind of.
    There seems to be a subtle dependence of postures and gestures and the degree of dressing feminine ... or should I say dressing intentionally. I guess it's the latter.

Looking for a gentleman

Stick out My pinky when drinking.

One thing that has translate in both modes is, to stick out my pinky when I pick up a glass or cup. I do it now without realizing it! Funny thing I have be dressing some much it's sticking! Yea
    Love Tammy
    [B][LEFT][CENTER][/CENTERTammy

This thing about crossing legs at the knee. I really don't get it??? Never thought of it as gender specific.......am I just odd in that?????

as for the post question. Hmm. thinking.......
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Shopping. Barbara loves to shop. She even warns Dee when the cart at the thrift store on dollar day is getting full enough to attract the attention of the kill-joy male guy.

Last night at an orchestra recital for the 10 year old, I looked down at the genuine Justin Western Model boots I got at a thrift for $7 and realized I had crossed my legs at the knee. It looked incongruent. I left it there, it was comfortable. I considered wearing my beautiful Sak's 5th Avenue Camel Hair over-coat, but Dee convinced me it was a little to big for me now.

In male mode I cuss and fume. Never en femme.

Is it any wonder Dee has missed Barbara the last 6 weeks when she kept her pretty red-head down?
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JudithAnnMeadowsweet View Post
    This thing about crossing legs at the knee. I really don't get it??? Never thought of it as gender specific.......am I just odd in that?????

as for the post question. Hmm. thinking.......
    Its funny you put it this way because while I was growing up my step-father would knock the bejeeus out of me for crossing my legs along with a flurry of "no boy living in my house crosses his legs"
    So in those days I assumed that this was a girl only thing.

Interesting part of that is... I have always had a slight sideways curve to my spine and crossing my legs actually alleviates the twinge of pain there. Always have and I never gave it a second thought after the age of 16.

By the way, to the original poster, Brenda ... AWESOME thread!!!!

*much hugs*

Zarabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda's Friend View Post
    Are there things that you do (besides the obvious) in Girl mode that you would never do in Guy mode? Like chewing gum, smoking, reading People magazine.

Also, are there feminine charistics that have spilled over to your Guy mode? Like crossing your legs at the knee.

I haven't spent enough time dressed to develope any Girl mode qualities, but I do tend to cross my legs at the knee while I am at the computer.

BF
    In girl mode I pretty much try to be as feminine as possible which means switching off my guy mode totally. I do like to clean house and cook in girl mode which is not my favorite past time as a guy.
    In guy mode I do cross my legs when in a chair, when watching TV often sit on one leg, when driving tend to keep my knees together a little. If no one is around I practice my girly mode such as walking, bending over, sitting and standing etc..

In either mode I will sit on a chair with my legs tucked, I always sit with knees together and often cross one ankle over the other with feet pulled back under the chair. Hand gestures tend to creep in too.
    Beauty is in the smile of the beholder

Gold Member
    Well alright - Erin and guy mode for me are quite different.

In guy mode I can be pretty gross. but...
    The things I do en femme that I just don't normally do in male are -
    Sit up straight with legs together. I don't cross them cause it is uncomfy. But they ARE together

Walk with good posture.

Hand gestures are more elequent.

Make only tasteful jokes and humor.

I think I have a lot more subtle head movements en femme when I talk. There is also a bit of delay when I talk while en femme. I don't "butt in" with whatever i say.

I really try to keep my male and femme modes separate. People would think I am flamboyant if I acted my "natural" self in guy mode.

When I'm in girl mode I'm all girl and when I'm in guy mode I'm all guy.
    However, I wear pantyhose under my male clothes all the time and when I'm at work I do like to take off my loafers and work shoeless.
    I've seen some ladies do that.

There was one time, while in guy mode, I walked into the ladies room not realizing it.
    Luckily, nobody was there and so I quickly went back out and into the men's room. Whew!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    girl and guy mode are blurred together I just act myself but I do admitt to becomeing more femme in mannerisms the comfortable I become with myself.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    Its funny you put it this way because while I was growing up my step-father would knock the bejeeus out of me for crossing my legs along with a flurry of "no boy living in my house crosses his legs"
    So in those days I assumed that this was a girl only thing.

Interesting part of that is... I have always had a slight sideways curve to my spine and crossing my legs actually alleviates the twinge of pain there. Always have and I never gave it a second thought after the age of 16.

By the way, to the original poster, Brenda ... AWESOME thread!!!!

*much hugs*

Zarabeth
    i have studied female body launguage for obvoius reasons as a cd most of the way we act i think is nurturing and emulating other people of our own gender but crossing legs is unisex but i think possibly woman do it more than men because they wear skirts a tight fitting skirt or short skirt would force you to keep your legs more together - lets face it if you sit with legs wide apart in a short skirt you would be showing your panties - and how could you sit with one foot resting on your other knee in most skirts - i think some of male and female manerisms come down to what we wear - high heeled shoes for instance force you to walk differently - if you didnt you'd probably fall over !

I have found that my fem mannerisms are inflicting my male persona. My hand gestures, my walk, and my body talk are all blurring into one big me. Not that anyone has commented on it yet, but they are sure to have noticed.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

I tend to be a bit more "touchy feely" in boy mode now. Getting someones attention I might touch their shoulder or arm.
    Sally

In girl mode I tend to walk slower, bend at the knees......Sandy loves to shop.

The one thing that seems to roll over to guy mode is crossing my legs like a girl...hehehe

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I have also crossed my legs at the knee for as long as I can remember and had no idea that it had any gender significance. Must have been Edwina trying to get out and I wasn't aware of it.

Edwina

Crossing legs at the knee. I find this a lot more comfortable than simply resting one foot on a knee no matter what mode I'm in.

I remember a lot of people saying, "Oh, guys can't do that because they've got...stuff...in the way." They're full of it. Crossing your legs at the knee doesn't really interfere with anything in any uncomfortable way.

heighten sense of awareness... in all areas.. in all ways..

With my job as sample person, most women are surprised that I do most of the cooking at our house. When I tell them that I bought myself a new stove for my birthday, It really mess some ppl up...BJ

In girl mode I can buy feminine stuff, makeup, try on clothes, go to the ladies washroom, and it's so much easier to go into any ladies store and not get a gay reputation.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I probably will get a lot of "flack" for saying this, but here goes anyway. Crossing your legs at the knee is a "guy" thing, unless your crossed keg is just dangling. That is "girly." Learned that years ago from my old Grandman, and relearned it from a book on transformations. If the leg is straight, girls cross them at the ankle, men generally at the knee!

As far as my guy mode versus my girl mode! I am always a guy, no matter what I am wearing! So I guess my mannerism's are a little of both. Since I wear panties virtually all the time, I don't use a urinal!! Nor do I stand up! I also keep my legs together when I sit down. Not that I wouldn't like to show off my pretty panties, but that is not "cool." And yes, when I drink, my pinky is extended.

Like I say, girl on the outside, man underneath!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Absolutely my girl mode has spilled over into my guy mode. I was never a macho or a particularly manly guy in the first place, but I spend more time en femme nowadays than I have ever done in my life before and as a result, if you wear fairly girly clothes in boy mode (like I do) then it's an effortless transition for feeling a little bit girly, and therefore I tend to act somewhat girly in boy mode too. As well as the subtle visual details I have fairly feminine mannerisms including the positions of my hands when I talk and I too cross my legs in a feminine way when I sit.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!