Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did You Have A "Role Model"?

Adriene Barbeau or Barboobs as we used to call her
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    If I entered a Jodie Foster "Look-a-Like" contest, do you think I'd come in Third Place?

Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    If I entered a Jodie Foster "Look-a-Like" contest, do you think I'd come in Third Place?
    Only if you hold up two fingers!
    Last edited by chrissietoo; 12-13-2007 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Roberta named Diana Riggs first! Couldn't argue with that choice, until Linda Carter, (who had that UNBELIEVABLE figure), came along! What about the movie stars?
    Marilyn, Natalie Wood, Sophia, Holly Golitely, about 100 others.
    My latest is Amy Adams. Star of " Enchanted".
    RS
    I almost named Linda Carter, too!

....awesome

Role model

It seemed like I'd a favorite to my list every 6 months are so. Many of the ones already mentioned come to mind. I loved Ann-Margaret the most though. Maybe lust was a better word.

Not from my era,but I really admired Jenifer Jones,especially in the movie "Song of Bernadette".

Of course Contessa Teresa di Vicenzo, played by Diana Rigg, was the only woman James Bond truly loved.

BF

Lets us not forget "Lucy Lawless".

Here's another vote for Elizabeth Montgomery! And also any of the girls on Petticoat Junction:

"Lots of curves you bet, even more when you get, to the Junction, Petticoat Junction"
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    [SIZE="4"] ![/SIZE]
    oh man I was going to say Diana Rigg...I loved her strength and equality to John Steed, also it was a fun series, i have the DVD set

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox View Post
    Being a child of the Eighties, Elizabeth Daily(E.G. Daily)
    Oh dear,.. she was sooo cool back then! I loved her cameo in "Better off Dead"!
    Woohooo....

jenn

Quote Originally Posted by vikki2020 View Post
    So, I'm watching some old time TV the other nite,--"Get Smart"--and I remember that back then, I wanted to look like Agent 99--Barbara Feldon. {in fact, I still wish I could look like her!} I also thought "That Girl"-- Marlo Thomas-- was a good look.Who did you want to be when you grew up??
    Oh my! It was Doris Day. She had the most beautiful legs, could dance, sing and was a great actress. She looked great in those full 50s skirts. I guess I am getting a little long in the tooth huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda's Friend View Post
    Of course Contessa Teresa di Vicenzo, played by Diana Rigg, was the only woman James Bond truly loved.

BF

of course Bond fell in love......

:luvu:
    Last edited by chrissietoo; 12-13-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Alexandra Bastedo who played Sharron Macready in The Champions I used to dream that one morning i,d wake up and look exactly like her Attachment 58415
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 03-21-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Dir en Grey.

They are all men and you can't tell..
    Gentlemanly by day, uppercutting dinosaurs by night.

I had lots of "Role models" growing up. I think I always identified with glamorous women and it seemed that I was always finding someone to admire.

But, you all wanted specifics. I can name three that really stick in my mind from The 50's and 60's. I was listening to a talk show the other day, and a lot of males who grew up in The 50's really thought of Donna Reed as a beautiful woman. She had a very trim waist and went out of her way to find dresses that emphasized it. Voluptuous...can't beat Gina Lollabrigida. My Gawd, what a woman! Too bad "curvy" like that, is no longer in style. And, a very young Bridgette Bardot. Is there any male or CD who ever saw her that didn't find her attractive?

All of these ladies were my role models. Young Joanie would have killed to be able to look like them. (Well, maybe not "killed." Let's just say they had looks to die for.) Today's "stick insects" or "buffed out," do not impress me!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Role Model

Lets see My namesake Annette so hot in the mouse ears and Barbra Eden yes but also Dale Evans when we played cowboys I secretly pretended I was her
    Hugs and Kisses
    Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Role Model

Barbara Eden, Elizabeth Montgomery, Emma Peel! All fabulous-
    I love Grace Kelly & her gorgeous outfits in Rear Window-especially the first dress she wears, Oh my!

I don't have any role models, I'm sorry to say. But there are many, many people I admire for this or that trait.

I suppose when coming up with my Andrea persona, I found inspiration in Mira Sorvino, who is a smart, grounded woman who looks damn good to boot.

I had a thing for awhile for Agent Scully, even though she was a fictional character. I liked the whole doctor-agent-stylish-cute thing.

I was really taken by Margaret Colin in the film Independence Day. I know that's obscure, but there it is.

I've been told on several occasions that I look like Victoria Beckham, but I must emphatically say I do not admire her at all. She's attractive, but that whole celebrity worship thing turns me off, not to mention she has done little to deserve the attention.

I really like several French actresses, because they exude femininity and confidence in a unique way that I find very attractive, especially Audrey Tautou and Sophie Marceau. Mon dieu...

I also think Grace Kelly was perhaps among the most beautiful women I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Alex!; 12-13-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

opera?

how about the opera singer sarah brightman totally beautiful full figured woman of my dreams caryn

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Jaclyn Smith, definitely
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Peggy Flemming, the olympic Skater of the sixties, and of course Julie Christie from Dr. Zhivago with that famous pouty lip.

Quote Originally Posted by Annette_boy View Post
    Lets see also Dale Evans when we played cowboys I secretly pretended I was her
    Hugs and Kisses
    Annette
    gosh, so did I!!

I'll second the Peggy Flemming, Megan!I was going to mention her also, but I didn't want to "take" all the good onesShe still looks fantastic,too!I think the common thread with all our choices, besides looking great,they all got to wear great outfits on their shows.Lots of votes for the 60's "mini"--my fave!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

My contemporary "role model" is Danica Patrick. To me, Danica is everything a woman should be; intelligent, athletic, courageous, beautiful and witty. As a race car driver she excels in one of the most demanding sports in the world and stands up for herself in the face of anyone that tries to intimidate her. Like me I think she is something of a "tom boy" who doesn't mind getting her hands dirty, performing her craft but she also cleans up very nicely.

Cheers Danica
    Melissa Pink