Thread: Need some help deciding....

Need some help deciding....

Hi all,
    I am trying to decide whether to dress up when i go to pick up my wife at the airport tomorrow.....

I have already told her that we will be going out to dinner on the way home and I had originally planned on going totally enfemm!

She knows that I dress but really hasn't taken an active role in it yet. Lately I have really been getting the urge for her and I to go out shopping and do girl stuff but have had a hard time getting up the nerve to ask her!

I do know that she has some past haunts from her high school days when people called her a dike because she was kind of a goth and would not date any of the guys in her school.
    I know that she likes me smooth shaven and I think that she kind of likes me doing it but is maybe afraid to let on?
    I do know that she is afraid of me being "discovered" (too late now!) and may be afraid that I may turn gay and she would loose me! (Not going to happen, I can tell you that!)

Last week before she left I was wearing a mini skirt and a baby doll shirt with a simple padded bra when she got home and all she said was "feeling girly today eh?" That was it.
    Although she did make a passing comment as to going out and getting a pedicure together....

So here is the plan....
    I am going to call her before she gets on the plane and ask her what she wants me to pick out for her to ware to go to dinner with and that I have a little surprise for here when I pick her up! I plan on wearing something cute and feminine but passable, with pone of my wigs and full makeup/accessories (and I'll be sure not to wear any of her clothes! This could be a no, no, I just haven't tried it yet and don't want to chance it!). She has never seen me dressed this way and may just be OK with it I figure. Especially if I am comfortable being out and about while being dressed.

So I guess that I am just trying to get some feedback from you.

What do you think?

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Hiya,
    I could be off base with this so take it with a grain of salt, and wait for everyone else's responses

Since I have no idea how long you two have been together, or how accepting she is....

I probably wouldnt, if for nothing else, she hasnt seen you in a bit and mentally may be wanting her man to greet her when she gets off of the plane.

Not trying to rain on a wonderful & fun for you outing... but it could be bad.

If you are still unsure of her feelings on your CDing... its time to set down and have the long chat where you two can agree on some guidelines for future reference.

I just dont want to see you here in a day or so posting how (possibly) bad it went.

*hugs of support*

Zara

Well, I would do it, but I don't think many of the other girls will agree with me.

Anyway, I picked up my neighbors at the airport in my semi-fem mode. While I was waiting by the baggage claim area, a limo driver tried to pick me up. I made sure he knew I was male, but he persued me anyway.

So, if you don't think your SO will freek out, go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh this is a tough one ! sounds like she is totally accepting of you , but have to agree with Lady Zarebeth on this one she may want to find a man at the airport waiting for her with dear i say some flowers ( thats just me im such a ladies man!!) why not pick her up in drab go back home " make up " for last time and then get dressed en femme and go out together later??
    hope this helps xxx
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

These are great ideas! We have been together for almost 18 years now and have been married for 13. She and I are very close and are not only married but very good friends at the same time. This is the only reason that I had ever contemplated it!
    I do like the idea of going home and getting all dressed together though....

It sounds like you have a great relationship. I might ask her about it beforehand. Sometimes surprises catch people off guard. If she's OK with it and maybe had a plane ride to prepare herself for it, it might be as good a time as any for you two to hang out en femme. I would just hate to see a scene happen because you were unsure how she would react. But, if maybe you joked about it and talked about it beforehand she'd go for it.

What also might help is for her to be sure that when you do get home from dinner after she's been away she gets to be with her man. You can interpret that however you would like.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Like Zara and Charlotte, I think you might be risking it a bit to pick her up at the airport dressed. If she reacts badly, there is nowhere for the two of you to go; it is all too public.

You say she has seen you dressed and seemed accepting. My advice would be to book a table at a nice restaurant; pick her up in male mode and ask her on the way back if she fancies dining out with her favourite girlfriend. That way you have all the bases covered; if she smiles and says yes, you go out en femme; if she blanches, apologise and tell her you don't want to rush her, and then go out as man and wife - (with you as the "man", at least on this occasion!!!)

Good luck, could be the start of some exciting adventures.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

I think the fact that you are comfortable in public as Bre is a good thing. Maybe seeing this would make her more comfortable over all, and deinately something to persue, but I think I have to agree with some others, not sure that an air port meating would be the best setting. Maybe she had a bad flight or just tired. In meating her at the air port she's sort of stuck with the scituation. Of course I'm only giving my perpective. You know your wife better than any of us, and sounds like you're very lucky to have her. What ever you decide, good luck and have fun. I know you will let us know.

I don't think it is a real great idea to pick her up at the airport in fem either. If she hasn't taken an active role in it. Then she may not be ready for this kind of an excursion. She would be trapped for the trip home at least. Not a very good place to be for her. If you want ask her if you can dress, and let her decide if she wants to be in that position. Then whatever she says, that is how you should pick her up.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

If I didn't take an active role and my SO turned up at the airport fully dressed with our prior knowledge then I wouldn't be very happy.

If she's ok with you dressing then do as someone has already suggested go home and dress together, then go out

Don't leave yourself wide open and don't end up with the both of you being embarrassed by possibly arguing in public.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

need help deciding

No surprises, just ask her if she would be OK with you picking her up while dressed en-femme and if she would like to do some shopping and go out to eat as well. I tried to "surprise" my wife once and it did not go over very well. She is OK with it as long as she knows what to expect.

It's a bonkers idea.

Thanks to all for your feedback and advise!
    I'm not going en-femme as planned as the travel and stress from the trip are most likely going to put her over the top!

Instead we'll just go out to dinner on out on our way home as planned and we'll just talk. I did ask her if she wanted me to bring her any clothes to change into though

Be sure to let us know how it turns out!

Wise decision, Bre. Also with airport security as it is these days, best to not look like you are hiding something.

You're doing the sensible thing. While she accepts your dressing, she might be embarrassed should someone she knows sees you en femme at the airport, or sees people gawking at you behind your back. She might have made friends with someone during the flight and show up together at the baggage claim area, etc.

Mitzi

Good decision, talk it over and I'm sure that the two of you will have many opportunities to go out with you dressed.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa_e_love View Post
    Be sure to let us know how it turns out!
    yes yes YES!! Please let us know!

and glad we could help!

*hugs*

Zara

Most people are tired and want to just get home and go to bed after travelling. I would avoid it unless it was her idea. Besides, if her flight is late or something and you can't find her and she misses seeing you because you look different it won't go over too well when she finds a cab home and you return without her. Can happen even when you know what each other look like.

Glad you've decided not to.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

hmmm...looks like the forecast for her return flight might be a heavy pink fog rolling in. I think this is an ill-conceived idea. While I can relate to your building excitement and embrace of your CDing, I think the surprise is likely to backfire. Just do what the other girls suggest and plan an outing together some other time. Take her up on the pedi.

Thank you for all of your very good advise. I'm sure it would have worked out either way, but I think that it was for the better the way it went.

I stopped by the store and picked up some flowers for her. In the flowers I took the same pic as my avatar and printed it out. I wrote that I had appreciated her letting me have some time to find myself again and signed it XO Bre.

I think that it was enough to get the topic going again but not too much as to overwhelm her.
    Of course I could not help but to have some nice lavender panties and a flat bra on!
    We stopped by for dinner on the way home and had a great evening. We toped the evening off with a little "special time"

Today we talked only a little bit about dressing while we were in the car and briefly I showed her the site.

I don't know if she will come here on her own accord but I'd like to get her to come in and learn. I think it would be beneficial.

We do have plans on going and getting pedicures on Sunday so that should be good. I think that I want to make Sundays our "girls day". Whether it includes dressing or not, it is nice just to go and do stuff with her because I enjoy spending time with her.

Thanks for all or your wonderful support!

Sounds like you made a good decision and did it splendidly. I too am anxious to just say 'heh, hear I am let's get past it and have some fun' but it appears that slower is better. She'll get there I'm sure.