Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: son crossdressing

son crossdressing

I have a son who is 12 and he has asked me about wanting to dress as a girl last summer. I kind of shrugged it off telling him that if he did it around the house his friends might pick on him. He said nothing more until I told the family we will be taking a vacation to disney world for christmas break. He then asked me again if he can crossdress again. Being arocund his friends won't be an issue this time. How or what can I do to make this a safe vacation for my son?

If you are a crossdresser than you must know what your son is going through. By telling him he cannot dress for what ever reason, friends, family, or for the feer of being ridaculed will just cause him to sneek around and dress in a partial way when he is alone. If he was honest enough to come to you and ask for permission to dress then you should be honest enough with him, don't give him excuses why he cant dress. My suggestion is to allow him to dress in the privacy of your home, by doing this maby his urges will go away however they may not. I would take it one step at a time with him. But whatever you do continue being a loving father and give him your support.:

safe to crossdress at disney world?

would it be safe for a child to crossdress at disney world?

Platinum Member
    are you talking abought you????? just a little confused by your question ..... how old are you???.......

I rather not have him feel guilty and sneak around. I rather have him be honest and open. I want him to be safe

I am talking about letting my son crossdress. I am in my 30s. my son is 12
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 12-14-2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Multi posting

Jason, point out to him that most of the girls at Disney World would wear a Feminin Top, a cute pair of Shorts and a pair of Flip Flop Sandals, Suggest to him that he do the same, however if he wants to wear a dress allow him to explore his feelings openly.

by all means let him wear dresses, and if he wants to wear dresses while you all go to disneyland let him, he will appreciate you and you will be able to bond with him, he is young enough that he will pass as a girl.

should i let him do it for just one day or for all 7 days we are down there?

Interesting question. Definately would have to talk it over with his mother so that you were both on the same page and not giving him conflicting perspectives, and of course makes a differance weather you are yourself a crossdresser. Honesty is always the easiest and safest way to deal with these things. Don't let him feel guilty about it. If it's okay with his mom I would agree with Paula, let him dress around the house and see how it goes.

I would let him do all 7 days if he wants to, but you should bring some of his male clothes along in case he decides to not wear a dress. and by all means keep a close watch on him while you are in disneyland so you can protect him.

My wife passed away a couple of years ago from cancer so It is myself and my 2 boys. so any help will be appreciated on how to do it. I am not a crossdresser myself but I am a concerned parent that wants best for their child

I am sorry about your wife passing on, she must have been a great woman.
    I wish the best for you and your sons, sounds like you are a loving dad to your sons, keep up the good work on raising your children.

If he wants to dress let him but he should dress like the rest of the girls at Disney which would be shorts, t shirt and either sandals or walking shoes with anklets. Wearing a dress to the different theme parks during the day will definately draw attention and possibly being laughed at by other kids and some parents. If he wants to wear a dress, suggest taking him to a restrauant at night where other people are dressed, including you and your wife (assuming you are married). And don't forget the pantyhose.

I have no experience of Disney World, nor of being a concerned parent. But my is that if he knows his own mind wants to experiment a playful enviromment like Disney World sounds a safe one to try. And if you feel both/all feel the first day goes ok why not let him choose whether to do it for the rest of the week (or not)??
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

I agree shorts and t shirts are the norm i expect. So I probably should get him some girls shirts and shorts. would his shoes be ok? My wife passed a couple of years ago so it is just myself and my 2 boys. so any advice be appreciated to make it safe.

thanks vivian . I will keep a close eye on him but what things should i do to prepare him for the vacation as a girl? what will we, him or I need to get think of or get used to? So we can make this safe
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 12-14-2007 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Multi posting

If my son told me that being a crossdresser I would honestly go buy him a new dress-he will love it, trust me!

If he wants to wear a dress at disneyland-I strongly suggest that you also consider a wig, make-up and lipstick- I would not show up half dressed anywhere - for fear of what poeple think or do. You dont want to hear snide comments all day do you?
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 12-14-2007 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Multi posting

i want him to be safe and not be ridiculed. so i am looking for help from those who crossdress. So any tips or suggestions are welcome

Jason,
    Kinda of hard to say what you should do but will tell you what my mother done for me when I was 14. She purchased me my own set of cloths so I would stop wearing hers and didn't bat an eye lash. Only thing was she made me stay inside and didn't let me go outside, now your son wants to go out in public I would let him try and just see what happens.

Thumbs up

If you are Crossdressing. Then it is okay for your Son to do so. Do not be two faced about Crossdressing. By saying or Thinking " It is okay for me to Crossdress, but it is not okay for you to Crossdress."

I know Fathers and Sons. That Crossdress and even go out together. They get along very good together.

Disney Land is a lot open these days, but it still is upto the people at the Front Gate. If they will allow you to go in. So please keep that in mind.

Wish you both the best and have a good life together.

Merry Christmas.
    EDNA

sorry edna you must have missed the post where i clarified i am not a crossdresser myself. I am here to understand and help my son

I would of course let him explore this new side of him. As a parent though, I'd be most concerned about how to help him do so in a way which will not earn him the ridicule and shame of his friends. Other boys his age have a level of tolerance and sophistication comparable to that of enraged chimpanzees. I would suggest supporting him as much as you can but being aware of the potential consequences of his friends knowing he dresses.

Tammy's Transsexual girl. Joan Merrie's Avatar
    Don't let him just ware a dress, as others have said light make-up, and wig, if his hiar isn't long enough for a fem look. also let him chose a fem name to use in plublic, you wouldn't want to out him by calling her George. Also what does his brother think of this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tammy and me, not your usual couple
    :JoanMerrie:Yes I admit it I'm a trans rabbit.
    Simply me.

exactly lisa i want to know a way i can help him without getting the ridicule. any suggestions and tips on how to do this? it will be appreciated

you are right calling him george if he is dressed as a girl would not be helpful at all. My other son has wondered if his brother was gay so he has been protective of him at school. I think my son would be fine maybe a little weirded out by his brother but should be ok
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 12-14-2007 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Multi posting

Let's ask someone with first hand experience with this. I remember some really fun pictures from M.D. a few weeks ago.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=69496

Melissa dressed at Disney and wrote a bit about it.

I intend to PM Melissa to invite attention to this thread.

Diana
    Last edited by "Mary"; 12-13-2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: typos

Hi Jason,

There is so much to learn and understand that the time you have before your trip may not be enough without getting some outside local type of help! Do you know any ladies you could trust to help you! Having a young girl dressing and fitting in will be far different than most of the age group here! Someone who knows what a 12 year old girl likes and the normal development clothing and styling done for that age group would be a huge help! Since many of us were never 12 year old girls or if they were it was many years ago it is hard to say how best to proceed! There may be some here that can really help because this forum is a vast resource and the GG's or folks with daughters will certainly have an inside track but to be able to witness first hand your son's facial expressions, feelings, likes and dislikes may take an in person type of setting! I would also consider letting him really talk about his feelings with you or maybe some type of councilor to see if this is a passing or more permanent behavior! Then you could better proceed from there! I think you are doing the right thing in asking! It shows you care!

Dana