Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok. So tell me about your Mother.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Can't blame it on my family

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jane View Post
    I do not feel that my mother or anyone else had an impact on my desire to dress. I certainly was not encouraged in any way from anyone I knew. I feel it is something we are born with and not something we learn to do.
    My mom and sister dressed, and still dress, plain. I wouldn't be caught ALIVE in their clothes! Not great figures either. If anything, they probably put me OFF dressing until recently!
    Sherry's way hotter than they ever were!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Nothing direct. Mother and sister just happen to have the clothes, and one day, well you know...pantyhose on...panties...and here we are.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

To make me wear women's clothing? Never.

But to influence me as a person, with the feminine qualities I think I've developed, I think very much - and maybe the genes just made me that way, too.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

huge influence

My mother had a huge, huge influence on my crossdressing and my whole personality as a faux female, really... Some of you know my background as I was fortunate to have a very accepting and supportive mother who brought my dressing out in the open, once she had basically caught me in her clothes, of course... it's a long story and I have divulged it at other times, but suffice to say, my mother made me the woman I am today (even though I am still a happily married father of three)... I took on my mother's style of dress -- usually very feminine business wear, as she always wore skirts and dresses for work (at a financial office), and equally feminine clothes at home. It was just my mother and I, also, so I'm sure that gave her an internal green light to help in my feminization -- although I still had to be a boy for school and other things where I was expected to be "him" ... plus, with my mother, having only me, and having two miscarriages after me, I think she missed having a daughter, so that might have entered into her whole allowing me to dress up...

And yes, yes she did buy me my own girls clothing, lingerie, shoes, even a shoulder-length wig... mostly so that I wouldn't muss up her good work clothes and lingerie, and so that I had age-appropriate clothes, since I was only 12 and 13 when she started letting me dress around the house...
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

Not directly --- I had the basic need from a VERY early age. Then when I was 11, one day, out of the blue, I felt a need to put on a girdle and stockings. So I borrowed mom's. and from the moment I had them on, I was hooked --- and the rest is history ...

Soccer Mom Extraordinaire Dee Talbot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    And regardless of how I phrase them I'd like to hear from anyone with an opinion.

If you had a Mother post a reply. And even if you were an emaculate birth....your input would also be interesting.

So....

Did your Mother, in your opinion, by her absence, presence, encouragement, acceptance, negativity, huge breasts etc etc.....have anything DIRECTLY to do with you wanting to wear women's clothing?
    Ha Julie!! Nowhere in this post do I see an exclusion of FAB's, therefore....I have an answer of sorts on my perspective

My mother taught me to accept all people based on the person they are. Her best friends were in the GLBT community, therefore it made my acceptance of Barb (once I understood what crossdressing meant to me as a wife) a lot easier. I admit that my initial "discovery" of Barb was "reserved" for lack of a better word. But my upbringing prepared me to look beyond societal dicates and find acceptance. When I say, "it's really no big deal to me", I mean it.

Barb's mother (I am answering for her in case she doesn't catch this thread), was and is a controlling, shaming, repressed shrew. She shamed Barb at an early age for the innocent dress-up games that most children play. Would Barb have felt the need/desire to dress if her mother had been more accepting? I don't know. I do know however, that the environment in which Barb was raised had a direct impact on her ability to embrace and accept herself. (and not just on this subject. I can't stand his mother for all the damage she did to my sweet husband's feelings and self worth!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you a crossdresser, screw the lemonade.......grab your bags and go shopping!!

i am going to be totally honest i think maybe there is a possilble connection with my crossdressing and my mom being the leader in my house as a child she was always the dominent one - phychologists would probably agree a child bought up by a dominent woman thats why you have turned out this way - the truth is now it is all irrelivant whether true or not i enjoy dressing love womans clothes and i have felt this way since i was 13 now i'm 39 you cant just change the habits of a lifetime - i try to remember before that pubesecant age if i had these feelings i remember watching a tv programme about a guy trying on a dress when i was about 9 or 10 and even then it had an effect on me - its just that i can only identify my intersrest in womans clothes around the time i reached puberty - i dont know why but i just one day had to go and try my moms clothes on knowone prompted me to do it it was just natural and i liked it - i have questioned it so many times over the years but i dont believe theres an answer i was innocent then and didnt worry about what anyone else thought my mom bless her gave me a good hiding when she caught me in her clothes and sent me on a guilt trip so in away shes made this all the harder for me in the long run - so mothers they try to protect you but can make your life so much more complicated than it shouldve been - i like wearing a dress so what !

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Julie,

All my life people have been telling me "I'm just like my Mother" I look more like her than my brother does and my mother's and my personality traits are very similar too. Did she somehow influence me with my crossdressing? Not that I am aware of on a conscious level, but when I first saw pictures of her when she was a young woman in her late teens and early twenties she was wearing all the sorts of classic clothes that I think look sexy on a woman and enjoy wearing myself.

The reason for my penchant to dress? .... I just think I got the "estrogen hormone wash" as a fetus and a trigger when I was six years old.

Hugs
    Rachel
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I had to be in a Christmas play at school, k or 1st grade, and my part was an angel, so my mom dressed me in my older sister's first communion dress, a slip as the dress was somewhat transparent, then panties because my boy undies bunched up in the white tights that went with my costume. I can still picture it like it was yesterday.

After that, my older sister by 15 months, and I always played dress up games, and I was so happy. Our dad left when we were young, so mom was the only influence in our lives, and she was almost always working or going out with her friends, so Lori and I were alone alot. When mom did catch me in Lori's clothes, she'd say you really shouldn't do that, you're a boy, not a girl, but she rarely said don't do it, so we just kind of stopped for a few days.

By the time I was 12, mom just sort of gave up and let me dress up most of the time. Then she met a man and was even less available to us. By the time I was 14, I started going out with my sister and her friends who were cool with it.

If you'd like to know more, email me.

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Absolutely, it is all her fault. First she went and had intercourse with my father, then I am concieved, then somewhere along the path of my prenatal development, without any discussion with me, she eats something, or drinks something, or wishes something, or something, and presto change-o, I am born a transgender, left-handed, blue eyed, blonde male. Oops, It was going so well til the male part. Anyway, I loved my mother, and of course I respected her, and wanted to be like her in many ways. Why else would I want to wear her clothes?

Yes, I do think that my mom had influenced some of my dressing. She was always dressed very professionally and feminine and always looked so...proper I guess. Growing up we were very poor but she always had her nice clothes so I think that this may have imparted some sort of priority to me as a child. I have always thought of womans clothing as somewhat of a luxury and I think that has something to do with it.
    It probably also helped that it was just my mom, older sister by a few years and I growing up. Except for a couple of years of having a step dad but that didn't last too long after he found that I liked to dress! I think I may have been too much for him to handle, but he was such an abusive jerk anyways....

No. My mother and I were at each others throats most of the time. From a very early age, she was discouraging of almost everything I tried to do, and then on her whim, attempted to forge me into her ideal. I remember my sisters dressing me up when I was a kid, only to have my mother's ire thurst upon them and me. When i would try on her stuff as a kid, not a good idea, as my butt can attest to.

As life went on, she really wasn't there for me. Granted, she worked full time and my father in and out of the hospital for much of my childhood (which left me holding the household ball), but regardless, whenshe was around, we would fight.

So no, my mother has had absolutely NO positive infulence with my crossdressing. On the other hand, I sincerely feel that she had no negative influence either. My only regret was that I was never able to tell her my true feelings (though that may not have gone over well either).
    :GE:Don't sweat the small stuff...and its all SMALL stuff.

Well, she gave me life, so in that respect yes, she had clothes which I used to try on when I had a free moment, so in that respect yes. But in all other respects no. It is entirely inside me.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Yes, but the story associated with my response would take more time than I have at the moment to relay, and many wouldn't believe it.

*hugs*

Zara

No influence other than a ready supply of lingerie when I was younger. I always wished she would have encouraged me or forced me though. Maybe that's my fantasy talking.......
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

I think my Mom did influence my decision to start dressing in a very basic way. My earliest recollection of the desire to dress was when I was about 7 years old. My Mom would keep a bra and sometimes a slip in the bathroom closet. Bath time was precious to me as it was my only time to be alone in a house full of kids - an older brother and three younger sisters. Well, one day I saw her bra in the closet and decided to try it on. I was hooked after that.

One day, at my Grandparents house, I came across a bag of clothes that they must have set aside for goodwill. In that bag I found a all in one girdle and bra complete with garters. I have been a big fan of garters ever since!!

Anyway, there was a time in my early teens when I was the only one home for approximately one hour every day. That is when my dressing really started to pick up speed as I was the same size as my Mom including shoes. I had progressed to trying on pantyhose, heels, slips, dresses, clip on earrings etc...One of my sisters was the same size as me too, but she didn't have the types of clothes that really turned me on at the time.

Do I put any of this on my Mom...nah, I don't think so,,,it's more that I was able to dress using her clothes. Perhaps deeper down there may be something to it but I don't think so.

Hugs,
    Krissy

What an interesting question which has made me think back. My mother is now deceased but some years ago (over 15 years) we were talking and she said that my hair was looking in good condition and did I have manicures (I always thought it should be called girlycures lol)?

She reminisced over my childhood.

My hair was always a point of contact between us. I always had "lovely" hair and was never made to have it cut in a boys style. And from time to time I would sit on the floor in front of her and she would brush it and plait it. And she liked me to brush her hair - I am surprised I didnt end up as a hairdresser!

As a young child she would sometimes paint my nails when she did hers (I would watch her when she did her makeup and nails).
    She never dressed me as a girl, but on a few occasions I said "can I have some" when she was doing her makeup and she put lipstick and eye shadow on me and a spray of perfume.
    I clomped around in her high heels. (I was only 4/5/6).
    She just let me without comment - negative or positive.

I loved the smell of her cosmetics - something which I still like.

Looking back I think she knew of my crossdressing desires, but never "let on". And perhaps her comments about my hair and nails were opportunities to open up to her. I never did tell her and feel sad about that now.

I was simply allowed to be "me" as a child. Always encouraged (in many aspects) and never disparaged or ridiculed. She gave me my life values which I try to work to today.

I now find myself surprisingly emotional as I type.

Thank you Julie for openning up the thoughts.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Believe it or not my story is like KarenNYs, YES my mother knew or had an idea as she came home from work in the middle of the day and there I was all dressed up in her cloths. She was more upset because I was wearing one of her better dresses and the kicker was I had on heels and was flat told at 14 you do not wear heels. So off with the dress and heels told to leave the underwear on and wiping my face clean of makeup she redressed me and redone my face to look more like a 14yo teenager. In a way she was happy as now she could dress up her little girl. Long story short she continue to dress me all the way until I left home for the service. My mother was just great in all ways and never try to make me feel bad or talk down to me, she help me become what I always wanted to be a girl.

Mother's influence

Mom had nothing to do with my CDing, I just always like the clothes. Boys had such drab clothes while the girls had so many choices of syles and colors. And I admit they felt soft and very nice. And I was always more comfortable with girls than with boys. Most of my friends were girls.

My mother's influence? None, zero, zip, nil.... The last person in this world I ever wanted to emulate as a child(or adult for that matter) was my mother. The fact that I turned out the way I did was not as a result of anything that woman did or didn't do.

Issues? Yeah, a few.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Nope, none whatsoever - and my older sisters were married and out of the house before I was 5. I never played with neighborhood girls (ick! They have cooties) - so I have no idea where this desire came from.
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tania Maria Lopez View Post
    Some time ago, when I took some pictures of me as a girl, I was stunned and confused when I saw that I was like my mother. That made me feel very happy. Yes, my mother, by her presence, had something to do with me wanting to wear women's clothing.
    Your mother must be very pretty too

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    Yes, but the story associated with my response would take more time than I have at the moment to relay, and many wouldn't believe it.

*hugs*

Zara
    We'd still love to hear it, Zara

Hugs, Marci

Other than the fact that I had a readily available supply of clothes that I could sneak into, no,not at all.

Fascinating answers. Thanks.

I think therapists could hand out written versions of this thread to guilt ridden Mothers. "Is it something I did?"

Erm....nope.