Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair compliments!!!!!

Hair compliments!!!!!

I was putting up Christmas decorations this evening, and decided to put my shoulder length hair up in a ponytail to stop it getting in the way. While I often do a variety of things with my hair at home, I never venture outside with my hair up in any way (normally I just tuck it behind the ears). Anyway, for some reason I was feeling a bit more daring today (I think I have all of you to thank), so I decided to leave it up when a couple of friends came round to see their reactions. The girl of the couple noticed straight away and said as she was walking in the door that "that ponytail actually quite suits you". I was quite pleased by this comment, but initially wondered if she was just being polite.

Anyway, a couple of hours passed and we were all watching the X Factor final on TV. Her boyfriend turned to look on my on the sofa and said "Your hair looks good like that, and you should wear up like that more often."

Well my jaw nearly dropped. I know it may not sound like a big deal to anyone reading this but I was honestly expecting them to be less than positive about it. I must say I am really rather happy at the moment, and will be wearing my ponytail again tomorrow when we have a house full of people round for our Christmas party. Consider my confidence officially boosted!!!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Congratulations! Sometimes it is all about the little things!
    Sally

That's a cool story. It's nice to hear you got compliments like that.
    Weeeeeeee

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    The hair in my avatar is mine. It runs well past my shoulders. I've made a few GG's jealous and they've told me so. Recently I was pumping gas in boy mode and recieved another hair compliment. I didn't even realize she was talking to me. I thanked her. It was kinda weird. I didn't expect a compliment dressed as I was. My reply was "Are you talking to me?" I really didn't know cause she was talking to someone else near by and just threw out "You have great hair!" I felt dumb for my comment. How was I supposed to know?

I only recently have begun to understand that growing my hair is something I took for granted. Stop cutting it and let it grow. Sounds simple enough. Well for many, with thin wispy hair, it will not grow long. It will break, and fray at the ends. This will require trimming to clean up, also keeping it from getting longer.

I find my thick coarse hair hard to style. At least now I can look on the bright side. That is what enabled me to grow it long.

Gen

Another hair story.

One day after work, I was heading into the city. I changed at work before heading out the door. Untill that time I always wore my hair down at work. I did not feel it was long enough (at the time) to wear in a pony tail. I would put it up sometimes after I left work.

Well that day I put my hair up as I was about to leave. Just before I left, my boss's boss (a woman) walks in and sees it. She said she thought it looked good that way. I hope she meant it. I have worn it in a pony tail at work ever since. I guess I was ready, just needed the ok. She certainly gave it to me that day.

Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    I have worn it in a pony tail at work ever since. I guess I was ready, just needed the ok. She certainly gave it to me that day.

Gen
    Exactly! A little compliment or words of encouragement can go a long way, and my confidence certainly feels boosted after this acceptance from two friends. I think we should all keep pushing our boundaries little by little if we can, and in turn hopefully increasing other peoples acceptance levels.

While I am comparatively taking baby steps with my outward cross dressing, each hurdle I pass feels a step closer to being me.

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

I am so jealous! I want so bad to be able to grow my hair out! Whenever it gets long it turns into the "Kramer look"! I have very thick hair that would much rather defy gravity
    I also have very dry skin on my scalp and for some reason when my hair gets over a couple of inches long I get a ton of flakes (I know, I know, too much information!) It has always been this way and I try to wash it every day to keep it under control.

Since you are inspiring me I'm gonna try to see just how long I can get it and go from there!

Thanks!

I've been trying to do this myself except I haven't found out the secret to doing it right. It's very thick and curly but breaks rather easily. Any attempts at putting it in a ponytail result in more of a puffball than a tail. I don't dare take a brush to it anymore since that seperated the curl and left a huge frizzy mess. So far I've received nothing but complaints. It doesn't seem that bad to me. My relatives must be too set in their ways to take to something new, and it goes without saying they know nothing of my other half.

I'd love to go past the top of my shoulders, but it won't be easy.

Aspiring Member
    Guys naturally have nicer hair than women. ( in most cases ) So I'm not a bit surprised. Don't forget in the early american days many men had long hair tied back in a pony tail.

As for compliments, don't it feel great?
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    have had long hair all my life, only cut it off once, to assist in the process of getting custody of my daughter. almost always wear it in a tail at work, as they prefer that.(less chance of getting it caught in something) never really thought of it as a femme thing to do till now. most guys i know with long hair wear it in a tail, or in a braid, biker style.
    congrats on your compliments!
    Last edited by christina marie; 12-16-2007 at 05:41 AM. Reason: manners
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

My SO and all her friends are always drooling over my hair, it's kind of funny actually. I have red hair and all of my life growing up women would stop me and play with my hair and it used to bug me because it happened so much.

As I have gotten older I have realized just how lucky I am (I think it's my SO's mission in life to never let me forget). That's my real hair in my avatar. The pic is about 6 months old so it is longer now (well past my shoulders). I have not had a haircut in almost 2 years and I don't have a single split-end.

I'll stop now before I bore everyone

I wear mine in a ponytail or down when I am at home. At work I put it in a semi-bun of sorts. Instead of pulling the pony tail all the way through when I put my hair up for work, I leave it halfway tucked in and it stays out of the way while I work.

You girls are lucky to have hair that grows so thick and nice. I haven't had a haircut in over 30 years and it's only about 3'' long. I just think of the money Iv'e saved on cuts over the years At least there are plenty of wigs to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by JessiRed View Post
    That's my real hair in my avatar. The pic is about 6 months old so it is longer now (well past my shoulders). I have not had a haircut in almost 2 years and I don't have a single split-end.

I'll stop now before I bore everyone
    Not boring at all. I just envy all you girls with your own long hair. Tried growing mine out but it's a little late for that. Just not full enough anymore to really be able to look right. Oh Well, I do have some nice wigs and I don't have to trouble with my short hair during the day! And I can wash and be dry and styled in about 3 minutes! Try doing that with shoulder length hair LOL

You should all feel very lucky. I know that femme hair is one of the biggest things for me in feeling female.
    Sally

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I've always had long hair and I love it. I perfer to wear it down unless it's hot and then I put it in a ponytail. When I was 17 it was almost to my waist but that just got to be too much to take care of.

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Kate my hair isdown to mr shoulders and I sometimes wear it in a ponytail As do alot of men I've been told by some that I should wear it that way
    Angie

I'm jealous

I'm not blessed with nice hair but am extremely grateful for nice wigs. I actually prefer wigs that frame my face but also have a long one with lots of curls. I often put it into a ponytail and have been told it is the favorite of a couple of my girlfriends.

I used to have long wavy hair that the girls just loved, but now that the nice straight part down the middle of my head is about 4 inches wide, it is short hair and wigs for me.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

My hair has been a challenge to stylists all my life. It is coarse and thick, causing it to stand up everywhere. Not so great for conventional men's styles in a professional environment, but I KNOW it would be the envy of any woman if I could grow it out.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

I also have really thick hair, but I use anti-friz conditioner after shampooing it, dry it with a hair dryer, and then use straighteners to make it look smooth and sleek.

That's funny, I'm almost in the opposite situation. I started pulling my hair back into a ponytail as soon as it was long enough, and VERY few people have ever seen me with it down (only when I am right out of the shower, or swimming or when I am en femme!) I don't know how people would react to it, since wearing my long hair down would make me look radically different!

The only comments I've gotten about my hair have been overwhelmingly positive. I think some women at work are jealous of how long and thick my hair is (and it even has a light curl when it dries naturally). Plus, the ONLY time somebody spoke to me spontaneously when I was out dressed was when a woman who was a complete stranger stopped me in a mall one time while I was dressed to tell me that she LOVED my hair!! That had me walking on cloud nine for the rest of the week

Sometimes I wonder if I'd be better off cutting it and going with a wig for more styling options... but I've got to say I love the feel of having a real head of long (halfway down my back) hair even though it does have its annoying times, like when it takes hours to dry, or when it gets caught under my bra straps when getting dressed.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I guess it simply depends on what other people are used to seeing you look like. I might try to vary it between both styles of up and down. By the way, I had my Christmas party today, and my ponytail didn't get a single negative comment.

Honestly, anyone that has always wanted longer hair - just go for it! For the first few months people will tell you to get it cut, as if it has accidentally gotten that long and you didn't notice, but after a while they will get used to you having long hair. It has taken me a long, long time to get the confidence to grow my hair this long. As long as you are comfortable with it, you'll find that other people really don't care.

I must be getting tired - I used the word "long" seven times in the last paragraph!

Thumbs up

Aren't compliments nice

I have been growing mine for a little over a year now and been wearing it in a pony tail since it was long enough. The first time the wife said something about me wearing a pony tail but after that she says nothing about it. After wearing pony tails for about 3 months I tried something else that makes my hair look more femme by just taking the top hair that makes up bangs and all around my head into a pony tail leaving the lower hair straight. The first time she saw that she said something like "what the heck" but not a word since then.

Have you tried styling your hair different ways in male mode? If I dry my hair I get lots of curls on the bottom 1/4 so I styled it wavy by scrunching my hair with a diffuser while drying, nobody said anything at work. Lately I have been using a flat iron lately, wife freaked the first time I tried using it. I told her the hair stylist said to get one. I haven't done it in front of her but I like the affect better than scrunching.

Next is the grey hair, I have to do something, I seem to have a bunch creeping in all over. The hair on my temples only grows to about 3-4 inches long before it breaks and I think it is becuase it is grey, so I get these little curls on my temples that I have to put hair gel on to flatten.

Who thought playing with your hair would be so fun

Tabitha

I haven't worn my hair in different styles in male-mode as such, but I am currently sporting blonde streaks through my hair, which I did with some Loreal Excellence creme (natural light blonde). That said, my hair is already cut into a "bob" style, so its technically femme all the time! I hope I will continue to become more daring and try different styles!

I've been thinking of highlights (maybe lowlights). That would really push me over the Femme edge - as if I'm not there already.

Gen