Thread: Cding vs Wearing some female clothes...

Cding vs Wearing some female clothes...

Talking with a few friends of mine, the topic of discussion came up, is there a differance between being a crossdresser, and being a man with a simple taste in feminine style. Some friends I have simply like wearing womans clothes, sometimes just pants, sometimes tops, sometimes both together. It was a fun convo to have and I was wondering on your girls thoughts on this as well. Is crossdressing or being a man that wears some female attire the same? Some of my friends think they are different, others say any way you look at this its crossdressing. What are you're girls thoughts?

Banned Read only
    There's no difference.

Technically it is crossdressing.
    The rest depends on the definition of crossdresser.

I am not a fan of too strict definitions because they include the seeds of discrimination, us/them, and peer pressure. Neither is a good thing.

IMO, I would say that within crossdressing there are different degrees, stages, or levels, so to speak, but no matter if its one piece of clothing or going full blown, crossdressing is crossdressing because thats how society perceives it.

If we were in a perfect world, and nobody cared what a man or woman wore, the word crossdressing would not exist, but it does.
    I can't wait for that day and hopefully it will come sometime in my lifetime.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

It is hard to make simple definations that fit all behaviors. If one has a small waist and a bubble butt then women's pants may fit better and if they wear women's pants it may only be an issue of fit and style. If one wears women's pants only because they are intended for women then they may be a crossdresser. If one wears women's pants because all his other pants are in the laundry . . .
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Gold Member
    yeah all the leves and whatever, but when most people think of CD'ing, they think of a guy who does the full blown package dressed head to toe en femme. Most guys who wear womens underwear under their drab do not consider themselves CD's.

My worthless opinion, I think CD'ing means wearing more femme things than male things. It means presenting more as female.

Well if you want to get fussy, wearing any item of clothing from the oposite sex, is cross dressing. Period. End of story... The guys that wear any girls clothes and any girls that wear guys clothes, are crossdressers. The girl that gets her boxxers in the guys dept, cuz they are cheaper, is one. How about the woman that buys her hiking boots in the guys shoe dept, you guessed it. If it isn't your gender, it's crossdressing. And as they say, opinions are like noses, we all have one, this is mine....BJ

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u wear the opposite sex's clothes, just BECAUSE you r aware of that fact, and it's not because of convenience or neccesity, u r a CD. My 2 cents!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines crossdressing as "wearing the clothes of the opposite gender", so I would say that your friends are crossdressers.
    Jill

Lots and lots of good points. I know I for one see it as crossdressing. Even with male attire I do have a sense of wanting a female touch so I will wear the tighter more fitting pants that have the fem look and what not. I like the idea of how it would be crossdressing but to a certain degree.

Quote Originally Posted by JiFem9ll View Post
    Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary defines crossdressing as "wearing the clothes of the opposite gender", so I would say that your friends are crossdressers.
    Jill
    The problem with that is "who defines what are the clothes of the opposite gender"?

75 years ago, jeans were men's clothes, exclusively. Even 50 years ago, women's jeans had side zips. So is every woman who wears jeans a crossdresser? Of course not, styles change.

There are thongs and briefs sold in the men's department that don't have front openings. Do men who wear them become crossdressers? (Actually, that was probably my start into expressing my crossdressing. My ex wife didn't like them ;-) Oh gosh, if my ex could see me now! LOL )

As to the original question, there are so many levels of crossdressing. Maybe what defines it is the reason a person wears the clothes. My wife likes extra large, comfortable men's sweat shirts. That doesn't make her a crossdresser. I prefer panties and a bra and other feminine clothes because it helps me feel my femininity. That makes me a crossdresser.

Patti

Silver Member
    Why does everything have to have a certain label on it? If you enjoy wearing or doing something and it does not harm another, then go for it!

Chari

There are cross-dressers, those who wear clothing usually associated with the opposite sex, and there are cross-passers, those who only dress to pass as the opposite sex.

Since I'm comfortable with who I am, I cross-dress, every day and cross-dress to be semi passabe, for special occasions.

I think you should dress the way you like and enjoy yourself.

And no, everyone is not passable, then again, every GG woman, does not have a "purfect figure" either. We're all different and that makes us all wonderful people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Personally I do not like labels, when I go and buy my clothes I get them from whatever department has what I want, be it a top, or jeans or underwear. I find because of my size though, I get a better fit in the ladies department.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I think it is now crossdressing... and in the future I hope that it is just called wearing what you want to wear.... I mean if you want to wear panties because they just feel good or better than your regular shorts, who's to say??.. same with a skirt.. or heels..

For me, women's pants do seem to fit better. And hey if I'm going to get the pants, I might as well get the matching shirt to complete the ensemble.
    But yes, by strict definition, they are crossdressing.
    If clothes make the man, I must not be one.

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, I am definitely from Earth. Somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by Inna
    If you find your self in pain, yet not able to stop the pursuit, rest assured, you are on the right path
    You may call me Dana B

There are many, many women who wear male attire, such as jeans and shirts, would deny most vehemently that they crossdress. In fact, I have heard a number of women who declare that men's jeans are more comfortable that ladies' jeans. People just don't notice women wearing male clothing. But the other way around and, all of a sudden, something odd is happening.

Does the man do it to be relaxed - in which case he's a crossdresser

Does the man do it to be arroused - in which case he is a transvestite

Does the man do it to appear as a woman - in which case he is transsexual

Not sure thats \what you want though
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I have to admit, I am not a crossdresser, that is just a lablel. I just love to wear clothing designed for women because it is more comfortable and feels better against my skin. If the rest of the world don't like it, then tough tutu.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Banned Read only
    Women have the double standard on this one. It's ok for them to wear guys clothes and noone says anything about being a crossdresser. Yet if you leave the toilet seat up you'll suffer the wrath. lol

they are one in the same, like others has said does it really matter what you wear. Just be yourself and wear what you want to wear.

Full time RVer, so varies. Home base Nevada
    I believe it is still crossdressing, whether a little or a lot!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ericalynncd View Post
    Women have the double standard on this one. It's ok for them to wear guys clothes and noone says anything about being a crossdresser. Yet if you leave the toilet seat up you'll suffer the wrath. lol

[SIZE="3"]This is curious!! In most cases I will sit thus the seat stays down but for conveinience sake there are times I stand. In my house I give the wife hell if she leaves the seat down!!! just for the fun of it you understand. As a side line though, my wife prefers mens clothes!!

Kelsy
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

I think that it is all the same. I personaly have not worn m undergarments in many years. Most of the I am wearing womens jeans/cords. And in the winter I wear a lot of womens tops...sweaters and what not. When I am going out femI do make up up. My other half wears jeans and steals my shirts. So in true reality who is the crosdresser? Yes I do have some fem pants that I buy a little long to accomodate heels and more so the hiding of the fact that I am wearing heels. But I am none the less true to me. I hope this has helped if nothing els the point of view. Womens clothing is more comfortable due to materials and the grade of materials. Next time you go to a store look/feel flannel shirts and sweatshirts... Made by the same company the womens line is MUCH softer than the male line in a stupid flannel shirt. I like soft against my body.

For me, it is either all dressed "en femme" or nothing. I never wear just one or two feminine clothes.

Eugenie