Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back Tattoo?

Man in a dress
    Tats are in fashion at the moment. Something that isn't being broadcast is just how busy laser tatoo removal practioners are these days.

OK tats are fashionable.... Look back to the 1980's...

Shoulder pads and power dressing.... yes it was a great look back then and sexy, but would you wear a shoulder padded power dressing skirt suit today? I doubt it.
    How many power suits are hanging in wardrobes?.... You can't hang up a tattoo.

As for lower back... here in the UK they are called "tramp stamps" too, and for good reason.
    My wife and I play a game when out shopping. We see a "chav" girl in her white outfit (Usually carrying a bottle of cider an/or a child) and then as she passes we look for the "tramp stamp" We're very suprised if there's not one there.

Before you get one think LONG and hard. Google for "tramp stamp" and see if you want to be amongst the many.
    Whilst you're at it google for "laser tattoo removal" and see how expensive it is, and also see the scars that can be left behind.

Yes some very decent and successful people have lower back tattoos, but the percentage is far outweighed by chavs.

Have a look at this:-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cbcvrF76ig

Tattoos are a fad. A fashion.... In ten years time when they are out of fashion you will have an ugly black smudge on your back that will be there forever. As you get older, it will smudge more and get uglier. Even with modern inks, colours fade, and the inks run. The cool pattern isn't permanent, it WILL turn into a black smudge over time. It's this smudge that will be permanent.

Please think long and hard before getting one done. Is it really what you want forever? Think what it will look like when you are 60 or 70.

DJ

I've considered one on my shoulder, it would show in fem mode but almost never in boy mode. I think a butterfly would be about right. Now to decide.....yes or no?..................
    Sally

i have a tramp stamp on my lower back. it has my name, mary jane, in japanese katakana. i toyed between that and a symbol that had both the the male and female symbol joined together.

Man in a dress
    There was a story here in the UK a week or so ago about a girl who had her boyfriend's name in chineses tattooed on her belly.... She soon found out that in fact she had "SUPERMARKET" on her belly instead....
    Be very careful with chinese tattoos

DJ

Wow, I didn't know this was going to get this much response. Thank you all so much for your thoughtful replies.

I am still leaning towards getting the tattoo for the following reasons. Yes, I have heard about the 'Tramp Stamp' points of view and also about what it will look like when I'm 70. To me that's not an issue. I won't be showing that part of my body off to anyone when I am that old, nor will I care. Actually, about the only persons who will ever see it will be my wife, doctor and masseuse (or anyone unfortunate enough to watch me work on the plumbing under the sink). I'll never wear a bikini at the beach and a one piece would cover it up. Also because of my chest, I will never go shirtless in public.

About it being a fad, yes it is very popular now but I remember how in the early 90's men getting their ears pierced was starting to be a fad. I got mine pierced then because I was a CD, not because it was a fad. I still enjoy the feminine feeling and the look of wearing earrings although the fad has subsided and I believe fewer men are getting their ears pierced now as then.

In a way, I'm drawn to it on another level. This is a type of tattoo that is definitely feminine, regardless of the perceived class of people that are lumped into having them. In getting it, I am getting something that only females would have (I'm talking about a floral tattoo not so much a tribal one). To me the two aspects of the tattoo, permanence and femininity are what make it so appealing to me.

Thanks again for all of your input. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...lies/happy.gif

I have 3 tats and have 2 more still in the design stages.My wife has 5 tats including the famous tramp stamp (it's amazing how untill the movie wedding crashers no one used that term LOL).Anyways as I tell anyone,when you get a tat make sure it has some meaning to it.The ones who are knocking down the laser removal places doors are usally getting fashion tats removed,tribal,flowers,or the famous walk in and pick some cool looking flash off the wall of the shop,etc.I don't regert mine at all each has a meaning very dear to me.Same goes for my wifes tats.So as long as it has a meaning to you and stands for something I say go for it.

Banned Read only
    The lower back tattoo I posted previously got pulled.

Here's a new version of my lower back tattoo, without the lycra shorts.
    Last edited by androgyne; 01-05-2008 at 06:47 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura B. View Post
    Wow, I didn't know this was going to get this much response. Thank you all so much for your thoughtful replies.

I am still leaning towards getting the tattoo for the following reasons. Yes, I have heard about the 'Tramp Stamp' points of view and also about what it will look like when I'm 70. To me that's not an issue. I won't be showing that part of my body off to anyone when I am that old, nor will I care. Actually, about the only persons who will ever see it will be my wife, doctor and masseuse (or anyone unfortunate enough to watch me work on the plumbing under the sink). I'll never wear a bikini at the beach and a one piece would cover it up. Also because of my chest, I will never go shirtless in public.

About it being a fad, yes it is very popular now but I remember how in the early 90's men getting their ears pierced was starting to be a fad. I got mine pierced then because I was a CD, not because it was a fad. I still enjoy the feminine feeling and the look of wearing earrings although the fad has subsided and I believe fewer men are getting their ears pierced now as then.

In a way, I'm drawn to it on another level. This is a type of tattoo that is definitely feminine, regardless of the perceived class of people that are lumped into having them. In getting it, I am getting something that only females would have (I'm talking about a floral tattoo not so much a tribal one). To me the two aspects of the tattoo, permanence and femininity are what make it so appealing to me.

Thanks again for all of your input. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...lies/happy.gif
    Go for it girl and don't worry about the naysayers. You can also get the artist to place the design real low, so that it will be difficult to see, even in low riding jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Laura B. View Post

Hello Laura,
    I've been checking back to this thread, awaiting your post. It sounds like you've given it a lot of thought and have covered all your bases in researching the subject. Wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by androgyne View Post
    The lower back tattoo I posted previously got pulled.

Here's a new version of my lower back tattoo, without the lycra shorts.
    That tattoo is very artsy and tasteful. I think it looks very nice! Is it an abstract sillouette of a surfer? It's hard for me to tell from the pic. Regardless, it is a nice accent to your wonderful figure.

By the way I have had three tattoos, not including an old tat I got in San Diego when I was in the Navy that has since been covered up

Melissa
    Last edited by Melissa Pink; 12-20-2007 at 07:29 AM.
    Melissa Pink

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the kind words Melissa It is a small tribal tattoo with a sanskrit symbol in the center. The dual lines extending from medial to lateral on each side represents the "twin energies" of my being androgyne.

Your tat looks lovely.

We've been talking about me getting a tattoo in the same area. i've been wanting one that is low enough to be covered by most of my men's pants, and high enough to peak over my girl's jeans. Most of them are low and medium rise.
    The tattoo i'm looking is actually supposed to be dragons. But, to me they look like some sort of draconian peacock. i do 18th Century tailoring on the side. A peacock was the sign for a tailor then. i've also been known to be into D&D a bit, and i'm half Irish, so the dragon twist is good.

Around here, New England, lower back tattoos don't seem have that negative connotation. Around here, they are just beginning to disassociate tattoos from bikers. But tattoos are getting to be quite common as personal expression without social connotation.

I am due to get one on front, about where the pubic hair would be. That one is from my Wife/Mistress and does have connotations...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]susie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Ms Judy's pet [/size]

[SIZE="1"]One of these days, i'll decide it's reasonably safe to put my face up here.
    (Then i have to decide it won't break computer monitors! eek )
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Ms_Judys_pet@comcast.net[/SIZE]